Cosmetic surgery should be NHS funded Watch

This discussion is closed.
ChunkymunkyDJC
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Surely this person is just a troll? A string of purely self-centered and idiotic threads means either its a troll or seriously just one massive moron.

But to answer your question, no. I would love to get surgery on the NHS but it could be easily abused and is just generally stupid.
Lachlan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Troll, nobody can be this much of an idiot.
TheBlindestPilot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 3105)
I've always wanted to become a woman, having a **** seriously depresses me. I think I would feel much better about myself if I had a sex change. Now that it's free, I can finally be happy!!!!! yAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111
Yes, but rumor has it that you have a very small **** so why not simply pretend it's an oversized clitoris and be the woman you've always wanted to be?
Eragon452
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Danielle89)
You moron. Fork out for your own recontructive face surgery and gastric band.
She might be a troll but the profile picture (whether it's her or not) is prettier than you. kthxbai.
treasureBelle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
Surely this person is just a troll? A string of purely self-centered and idiotic threads means either its a troll or seriously just one massive moron.

But to answer your question, no. I would love to get surgery on the NHS but it could be easily abused and is just generally stupid.
:yep:
I think she's a combination of the two, tbh.
somethingbeautiful
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Aack)
Why should I pay taxes just because you're ugly?
Rofl. You should make bumper sticker quotes.
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
God, why are you all feeding this retard troll?
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Yes, but rumor has it that you have a very small **** so why not simply pretend it's an oversized clitoris and be the woman you've always wanted to be?
Because I'd still be living a lie :cry:
coren111
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Aack)
Why should I pay taxes just because you're ugly?
No need to increase taxes to pay for this - let's divert money away from saving people's lives
dob86
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sorry OP, you're just gonna have to stay ugly at the moment. Unless you could find a rich person to marry and pay for it for you. But then if you are ugly they probably wouldn't come near you anyway.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 3105)
Because I'd still be living a lie :cry:
Fair enough. Or should I say "furry muff"?
abc101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why are you all taking this seriously? The OP was joking, but I love the line 'When it could be investing in making the British population better-looking!' Good point, really...
h82think
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My dad was born with a massive nose (came down parallel to his lips) and the NHS paid for his nose job.
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by fioram)
I think it should tbh as it really is an undervalued necessity. If someone is feeling seriously depressed about their looks, a nice facelift or boob job or anything really should be funded by the NHS. It just pisses me off that the NHS funds rubbish like getting people off smoking, when they could be investing in making the British population better looking. This would have very positive externalities as people would feel better about themselves, and it could even help tourism for obvious reasons.
********, ********, ********. It is not an undervalued necessity at all; it is just not a necessity. Cosmetic surgery is a waste of time and money, except where unhealable injuries have been experienced by the patient. How stupid do you think it's going to sound when someone walks into the hospital and says to the receptionist: "hi, I'm a little depressed, do you think you arrange to have my tits made bigger," especially seeing how many women who do that kind of thing end up having it done again, and then end up with silicon poisoning because te ruddy implant's exploded. And do you think that a facejob's really going to solve people's problems? I suppose you reckon they should let blokes who suffer from nervous impotence have penis enlargement to let them not be as nervous, eh?

Rubbish!
oscarwildelike
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
what a joke lol, imo depression and all of that is all in ones head, and one can think ones way out of it.

The goverment gets about £8 million pounds per year from fag tax, and spends about one million sorting out smokers with smoking related diseases, so really as long as the gov don't spend more than 7 mill per year getting people off smoking they're not wasting any money
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Fair enough. Or should I say "furry muff"?
No, I'm going to shave it.
fioram
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I wish people would stop making fun of my idea tbh, and see the benefits of a happier population.
gemgem1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Danielle89)
You moron. Fork out for your own recontructive face surgery and gastric band.
agreed.
treasureBelle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by fioram)
I wish people would stop making fun of my idea tbh, and see the benefits of a happier population.
:toofunny:

What, a population with such low esteem it thinks that cosmetic surgery is a "necessity"? :rolleyes:

I wish you'd see something beyond aesthetics tbh, the NHS has more pressing issues as it is, without cosmetic surgery.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (181)
40.22%
Nope, not that interesting (179)
39.78%

Watched Threads