Extra time. Why? Watch

username33685
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i kinda see the OPs point, you dont get 'extra time' in real life, but these exams are meant to be an assessment of intellgence rather than a job interview, so meh.
TheQueenOfComputerScience
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I need extra time, not to actually "read" the words as such but to process what is being asked of me and the structure an appropriate answer. Einstein was supposedly dyselxic, must have been stupid! In real life if someone gives me a task I have found so far that I do actually have time to interpert it before completing the work and sending it back.
Shorty1992
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just to answer the last part of your question [which I forgot in my last post.. doh!], by the time it comes to work assessments, I'd hope to be well on my way to recovery from my illness. So, if I do my exams now without extra time despite being ill, consequently fail all my exams, then that'd severely hinder my chances of getting a job. Wouldn't seem very fair to me... I mean obviously people with dyslexia have it for their lifetime, but extra time isn't just for lifelong things which I think has to be remembered.

Oh, and that's awful of the boy that someone previously mentioned who still has extra time despite recovering from his medical condition. It's just taking advantage :mad: I can't bloody wait until I can be 'normal' and be treated like everyone else again personally!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (233)
27.51%
No (614)
72.49%

Watched Threads