Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Has he been diagnosed with anorexia?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Ywiss)
Has he been diagnosed with anorexia?
According to him, he's had it for quite a time but only recently admitted to himself of having it. So, he went to his GP and was diagnosed with ana.

It was from then on he told his close friends.
Ywiss
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
According to him, he's had it for quite a time but only recently admitted to himself of having it. So, he went to his GP and was diagnosed with ana.

It was from then on he told his close friends.
That was very brave of him. I thought it was highly unusual for a person with anorexia to actually make the first move like that; a lot of people know they have a problem but still avoid any help and support they get. Sounds as if he's doing quite well.

I guess, in answer to your OP, just take the lead from him. If he wants to talk about it, then listen. But otherwise, it might be that he wants to act normal with you and forget he has a problem, so the nicest thing you could do for him is to act normal yourself. Easier said than done, I know! But if you take the lead from him, you can see how far he wants to discuss things like food and exercise - thereby not making it an issue for him.

Good luck, you sound like a very loyal friend
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Ywiss)
That was very brave of him. I thought it was highly unusual for a person with anorexia to actually make the first move like that; a lot of people know they have a problem but still avoid any help and support they get. Sounds as if he's doing quite well.

I guess, in answer to your OP, just take the lead from him. If he wants to talk about it, then listen. But otherwise, it might be that he wants to act normal with you and forget he has a problem, so the nicest thing you could do for him is to act normal yourself. Easier said than done, I know! But if you take the lead from him, you can see how far he wants to discuss things like food and exercise - thereby not making it an issue for him.

Good luck, you sound like a very loyal friend
thanks, that really helps.

He hit rock bottom before going to the doctor and now he's in recovery. At least it wasn't life threatning as I know ana can be.

thanks everyone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (50)
27.03%
No (135)
72.97%

Watched Threads