Turn on thread page Beta

How do you know you're in love? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i googled it. and google said i am. so i must be.

in all seriousness though, i know because i wouldn't be able to live without him. i'm completely comfortable when i'm with him. i smile every time i see him. he makes me happy. he doesn't mind waking up to 'morning me' (not a pretty sight let me assure you). it's a million different things. you just know.

ReputationRep:
    You keep thinking about them non stop.

ReputationRep:
    it starts to hurt

ReputationRep:
    You feel he/she is 'the one'.
    You don't feel complete when they are gone.
    You can never imagine life without him or her.

ReputationRep:
    thinking of them/ what would be bes for them before you think of yourself

ReputationRep:
    That they can break your heart by the most smallest and simpliest actions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Mary)
    Because you feel like your mind goes blank everytime he or she passes by, you feel butterflies in your stomach, your hands start shaking a bit as if nervous, you stutter a lot , you go red when around that special person.

That's for me anyway
    Surely that's what happens at the beginning of the relationship? Or with someone you don't even know but have a crush on?

We have a strange view of love here. We say it's the strongest emotion, yet deny that people who have just met are in love. It's almost as if there's a time period to be in love, at least their is to say 'i love you'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callum828)
    Surely that's what happens at the beginning of the relationship? Or with someone you don't even know but have a crush on?

We have a strange view of love here. We say it's the strongest emotion, yet deny that people who have just met are in love. It's almost as if there's a time period to be in love, at least their is to say 'i love you'
    I agree with you. That's just infatuation, that's just a crush, lust. Your mind doesn't go blank when you're with someone you love. Your minds connect, two halves of a whole; you already know pretty much everything about each other so you end up talking beyond into the most detached of subjects.

Love is the total absence of barriers (such as silence)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    Love is the total absence of barriers (such as silence)
    I like it.

ReputationRep:
    When TSR isn't the most important thing in your life anymore.

ReputationRep:
    When everytime you see her you get an instant erection. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    You don't and you arent.

Its called infactuation.

Forgive me for being so bitter...

ReputationRep:
    hahaha "When your heart feels like warm butter sliding down hot toast" lol confessions of a shopaholic <--- FTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pre)
    :rolleyes: i do go red when the person is mentioned (according to my friends :redface: )
    That's not being in love...

True love is, generally speaking, mutual. It is all-consuming, soul destroying, painful, horrible, but undescribably wonderful.

If it's a case of blushing a bit when that person is mentioned, chances are you're not in love with them. Love is nothing to be embarassed about :tongue:

And besides, if you're having to ask people on TSR...no one can tell you if you're in love, you just know it.

Good luck

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.