?
Report 9 years ago
Yeh but then that is fairly obvious :p:
timetokill
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In theory yes because the subject itself fascinates me. Its not a case of not having the grades for me, but not having the motivation and dedication to do it.

So in reality, No because I think id hate being a doctor, and 5 years at uni plus all the crap you have to do after I couldnt handle.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd quite like to do medicine.
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No I wouldn't. You don't just have to have the grades for medicine - you need to want it as well. I don't think I could treat sick people - I'd run a mile... :tongue:
faber niger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
God no!

I'd want to do what I am doing, classics. If I could do it at any university, then I'd like to have done it at Oxford, but hey, minor point. If not classics, it would probably be English literature. Or history. Or sociology. There are so many arts degrees, in fact, that interest me -- but science/maths/medicine just doesn't attract me, I'm afraid.
my_username_was_taken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No way, not everyone would want to give the stupid amounts of medicine that doctors give for anything when natural remedies work just as well. Medics however, would deny this as the drug companies which are really powerful, in trials for example, Homeopathy give the tablets once everyday like conventional medicine, however it doesn't work like this, but the companies do this, so it looks like they don't work, so they can make more money. Money over side effects etc.
curliihead
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Nope. Yes, it may be a good degree to have, respectable, well paid profession...etc. It's just not me. Occupational therapy, however, is.
terpineol
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Definitely not.
History Rocks
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No way!

Aside from history, I would consider studying English, psychology, law, international relations. A Science related degree doesn't even enter my mind...
ElizabethBM
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nope. If I could do anything I would do computer science. Sadly I'm terrible at maths and physics.
Akkuz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, it's too long!
ChocolateFish
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In a word...no.
It would have to be Creative Writing or Journalism in an ideal world.
Marsha2112
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tyrotoxism)
hell no
That was gonna be exactly my answer!
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nooo.. i'd do Maths
faber niger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ChocolateFish)
In a word...no.
It would have to be Creative Writing or Journalism in an ideal world.
I don't mean to be rude, but do you mind me asking why you picked those universities and courses when your grades suggest that you could have applied to ones with much higher entrance requirements?
JAKstriked
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No. Want to do maths and hopefully I will.
ashefbjhsdab
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, I would do veterinary medicine.
Degausser
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
I'd rather do medicine than anything in the world. Every part of me desires to do medicine. That's it. Grades wouldn't stop me, tution fees wouldn't stop me.
I think you'll find grades can quite easily stop you.

(Im not saying they will for you btw)
rosieee91
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nooo thank you. Can't handle blood. :no:
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No way. I think I'd hate being a doctor, and I'd get really stressed with a medicine degree with all the pressure. My ideal degree would either be the one I'm planning to do - English and Creative Writing - or Zoology. I really wish I'd taken a Biology A Level now so I'd be able to do Zoology.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1648)
78.78%
Leave (444)
21.22%

Watched Threads