Turn on thread page Beta

Do you get your instructor anything? watch

ReputationRep:
    Mine said "Men don't give each other presents", I stuck to that principle.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't. The thought never actually crossed my mind. Now I feel bad :redface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    Why do people stay with instructors they can't stand? :p:
    well there's no guarentee you'd get anyone better if you went through the hassle of changing. My instructor wasn't the soundest guy but he did structure the lessons well and i never felt like i was doing the exact same thing every week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireythepinkfairy)
    I didn't. The thought never actually crossed my mind. Now I feel bad :redface:
    Aww dont! You dont have to and judging by a lot of these replies most people didnt!
    Im just sticking to something small!

My instructor also wants me to do pass plus after I pass - no thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Yea, a box of chocolates and a card..
    I miss my driving instructor.

ReputationRep:
    Some of my friends gave their instructors a small something when they passed... but I just gave mine a thankyou card.

ReputationRep:
    I did have some chocolates in the house for him. After i passed my test, he drove me home and was like 'that will be £40 please'. I was all like "SAY WHAT NOW!?!?" I kept the chocolates for myself!

ReputationRep:
    He got my money- so I didn't bother giving him anything (though a genuine thank you goes a long way)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bombproof_girl)
    I did have some chocolates in the house for him. After i passed my test, he drove me home and was like 'that will be £40 please'. I was all like "SAY WHAT NOW!?!?" I kept the chocolates for myself!
    Why? Were you expecting to get off with paying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celticfcz)
    Aww dont! You dont have to and judging by a lot of these replies most people didnt!
    Im just sticking to something small!

My instructor also wants me to do pass plus after I pass - no thank you!
    I got mine a calendar - but was a calendar of water skiing westies! (I was doing a lot of work at vet surgeries for my uni application when he was picking me up for lessons, different surgery each week - got into the whole thing of he was looking for a rescue westie bla bla bla - seemed appropriate!)

As for pass plus, why the no thank you? I did it, and learnt a lot - maybe just cos I had a good instructor, but we finished all the stuff at about 10pm, and went to an empty car park in the wet and he actually got me to skid the car and get out of the skids and stuff - invaluable experience when it came to driving 120 miles in all that snow. Avoided a few trees because of it I can tell you. Plus it never hurts to learn how to not drive like a tit on a motorway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda1801)
    Plus it never hurts to learn how to not drive like a tit on a motorway.
    You don't need pass plus to know how not to drive like a tit on motorways.

You need:

- to check your mirrors
    - to indicate
    - to let people in when required
    - to not go up peoples arses
    - manners to say thankyou
    - to not BE a tit

ReputationRep:
    I got mine a card. I was going to get hime something else but he didn't seem like a chocolate kind of bloke and I didn't know what else to get him.

ReputationRep:
    I often thought afterwards that I should have maybe sent him a card through the Driving school, saying Thank You but I thought maybe it was a bit silly and no else would do it.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't give anything, other than a hug when I passed

ReputationRep:
    I didnt.

I got on well with my instuctor, and he was a decent bloke, and i told him so several times. And thanked him at the end of it.
    - However within that remit, i was also chucking im £23 an hour. And 20 lessons laters that was enough.

Daniel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    You don't need pass plus to know how not to drive like a tit on motorways.

You need:

- to check your mirrors
    - to indicate
    - to let people in when required
    - to not go up peoples arses
    - manners to say thankyou
    - to not BE a tit
    *Check blind spot?

ReputationRep:
    what the hell for?! you PAY him £20 an hour or more to teach you to drive. you've already given him a huge wad of cash to do his job, what on earth are you then going to give him a present for.. lol just seems bizzarre to me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda1801)
    *Check blind spot?
    Most people do that with double mirror checks the majority of the time on motorways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Most people do that with double mirror checks the majority of the time on motorways.
    I didn't bother checking my blindspot once on the motorway, only to find a car there - could have been nasty - typical with it being pretty much the only time i didnt glance over my shoulder.

I didn't get him anything, but I've referred three people to him in the past couple of months which he was pleased about

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.