Rubbish Teacher in school !! Wt to do? Watch

Na*B
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Dez)
TBH, her style of teaching is very similar to lectures at university, and she's absolutely right that you won't get "spoon-fed" when reading the subject at a higher level. But still, at A-level subjects like Business and Economics require a huge amount of exam technique, and being able to develop an argument in an essay is just as, if not more important than learning the concepts associated with it.

Since it's such a small class, you could just simply ask her for more exam/essay practice, and explain why. When I did business A-level, we had weekly essays to hand in, on top of everything we studied in class...
Yes indeed, her way of teaching is very similar to unis' ! As much as I understand (and agree) on not being able to be spoon-fed in uni, I believe helping us get the grades takes priority at this stage,..

You totally took the words about exam technique from my head! That is seriously lacking,.. the reason is that our t4eacher does not seem to be sure on how to construct an essay without mixing too many concepts in one paragraph and staying on the right track...She has tried to demostrate to us, how to write an essay, but she was the one that got lost in the end and WE had point her the directions ( and im sure she was not faking it..) ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?