Turn on thread page Beta

Have to kiss a guy in a play.. boyfriend not happy watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    LOL. Hope it's Othello, that would be just delicious. You could try the thumb sucking trick?

Or maybe just a sexually charged handshake? :tongue:
    you rang?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowwdaisy)
    whats important is making a loving relationship work- and that means dealing with jealousy, not avoiding it
    Excellent point.
    I understand completely him being uncomfortable, but he shouldn't be asking her not to do it.

ReputationRep:
    It is jut a play and your boyfriend understands, but if he insists watching the play and that it will spark arguments then he has to be able to bear it and understand that it is only a play. Think of it this way, you are not going to run off with the actor (that we have indication of anyway) and the actor himself may have a girlfriend who understands.
    The kiss will be meaningless and he should be told to grow up but not in the harsh sense.

Kind regards,
    Fox

ReputationRep:
    I certainly wouldn't like it either.

I don't think this is called 'having issues'. If I'd hook up in a club with someone I don't care about while having a girlfriend it is still cheating.

ReputationRep:
    Ok firstly give him the most mindblowing sex you can. Then after that, politely explain to him that you have your heart set on taking part in this play and that the kiss won't mean a thing.

EDIT: If this is a secondary school play, please do not follow my first piece of advice.

ReputationRep:
    Do anything you want, it's up to you, you can have sex with the guy on stage if you want to as well, don't worry about what ur bf thinks.

ReputationRep:
    Explain to him the concept of acting just one more time, in simpler terms, as he's clearly missed it so far.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think 'tell him to grow up' is a very fair answer. His girlfriend will be kissing another man - play or no play he has the right to be a little bit annoyed, most people would. However, you're accepting the role and he has to accept your decision and live with it if he wants to be with you.

ReputationRep:
    You're all ridiculous. So not wanting your girlfriend to kiss another guy is, in this thread: immature, symptomatic of impossible mistrust, stupid or emotional blackmail?

It's ******* normal, and if you really care about his feelings you'd do another part or drop the play that's all there is to it, you can ***** about how ridiculous male jealousy is all you want but it's there, it's real and it's not going to go away through the power of discussion so either you care enough about his feelings or you don't.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't enjoy it, that's even weirder. It's natural to enjoy it. At the end of the day it's only a kiss, and it's just the stage.

ReputationRep:
    I kind of understand why he's annoyed, but even so, he shouldn't be asking you not to do it. It not exactly like its a sex scene anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4x4)
    I certainly wouldn't like it either.

I don't think this is called 'having issues'. If I'd hook up in a club with someone I don't care about while having a girlfriend it is still cheating.
    oh come on- hooking up with someone in a club is cheating because its a form of sexual gratification- it might not involve 'emotion' but its still sexual
    kissing someone in a play is acting- done for the point of theatre, for dramatic effect

they are not comparable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manderlay in flames)
    You're all ridiculous. So not wanting your girlfriend to kiss another guy is, in this thread: immature, symptomatic of impossible mistrust, stupid or emotional blackmail?

It's ******* normal, and if you really care about his feelings you'd do another part or drop the play that's all there is to it, you can ***** about how ridiculous male jealousy is all you want but it's there, it's real and it's not going to go away through the power of discussion so either you care enough about his feelings or you don't.
    Yes, it's normal, but relationships require give and take. If acting is what OP wants to do, a decent boyfriend would support her through it, maybe make her aware of her issues, but understand that it means nothing to her.

(Original post by yellowwdaisy)
    oh come on- hooking up with someone in a club is cheating because its a form of sexual gratification- it might not involve 'emotion' but its still sexual
    kissing someone in a play is acting- done for the point of theatre, for dramatic effect

they are not comparable
    Well, I was going to reply to that post, but you've done a damn good job there, so I'll say one thing:

This.

ReputationRep:
    he's obviously not a watcher

ReputationRep:
    What people are failing to grasp on here is the fact that affairs do start with just a kiss.

Is everybody forgetting Brad Pitt splitting with Jennifer Aniston because of his acting alongside Angelina Jolie?

It’s not like he had to give her a damn good seeing to for real on the set, it was pretty much just kissing. Look how that turned out.

That’s just one example. If you do enough research, you will find that is just one in a billion cases over time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Excellent point.
    I understand completely him being uncomfortable, but he shouldn't be asking her not to do it.
    :ditto:

It's natural to be a bit pissed but he's gone way to far wanting you not to do it. He needs to learn to deal with it as it means nothing to you.

ReputationRep:
    tell him to grow up!!!!

its onlya kiss ffs... lol!

ReputationRep:
    It's understandable that he might be a bit umcomfortable with it but i think you should just explain to him that it's important to you to do the play and kissing this guy is only for the play and means nothing else. Chances are the guy you will be kissing will feel exactly the same as you and it will just be something that has to be done. I'm sure you're boyfriend will get over it, and maybe if he comes to see the play he will see that it is only acting and not the same as a real kiss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by axl2derv)
    What people are failing to grasp on here is the fact that affairs do start with just a kiss.

Is everybody forgetting Brad Pitt splitting with Jennifer Aniston because of his acting alongside Angelina Jolie?

It’s not like he had to give her a damn good seeing to for real on the set, it was pretty much just kissing. Look how that turned out.

That’s just one example. If you do enough research, you will find that is just one in a billion cases over time.
    what an excellent point!! wait, how many marriages in Hollywood has actually lasted longer than 5 years again?

ReputationRep:
    Tell your boyfriend to piss off!

I'm so sick of jealous and possessive people. It's a kiss for a play, you insecure schmuck.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.