Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    You're welcome the 09 number will be the same at all universities
    Yea mine starts with 103
    All my friends in my year have a number starting 103
    They obv just run out of 09 and then go onto 10. Next will be 11, or so logic tells me.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ehmo)
    Yea mine starts with 103
    They obv just run out of 09 and then go onto 10. Next will be 11, or so logic tells me.
    Your logic is wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ehmo)
    Yea mine starts with 103
    Exactly; 103-123-1234

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anyone know what your student application can be found? Apparently you're meant to recieve a letter from ucas withit on but I havn't and I can't apply for accommodation without it! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by English lit geek)
    Hi does anyone know what your student application can be found? Apparently you're meant to recieve a letter from ucas withit on but I havn't and I can't apply for accommodation without it! thanks
    try posting in the university forum and you might get more responses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Your logic is wrong
    (Original post by Lindath)
    Exactly; 103-123-1234
    No, as in it for some people it begins with 09, and for some it begins with 10.
    And in my centre we all have 103 at the beginning.

Therefore, I've drawn the conclusion that it can't just be coincidence that everyone in my year at my school has a UCAS number beginning with 103, and therefore UCAS don't randomly generate numbers to their applicants.

People earlier on in the thread, with a UCAS number beginning with 09, were saying that it is odd for someone to have a UCAS number beginning with 10. But 10 is a number one bigger than 09, therefore I assume that the next batch of numbers to be given out will begin with 11.

It may be an incorrect assumption, but it is logical.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ehmo)
    No, as in it for some people it begins with 09, and for some it begins with 10.
    And in my centre we all have 103 at the beginning.

Therefore, I've drawn the conclusion that it can't just be coincidence that everyone in my year at my school has a UCAS number beginning with 103, and therefore UCAS don't randomly generate numbers to their applicants.

People earlier on in the thread, with a UCAS number beginning with 09, were saying that it is odd for someone to have a UCAS number beginning with 10. But 10 is a number one bigger than 09, therefore I assume that the next batch of numbers to be given out will begin with 11.

It may be an incorrect assumption, but it is logical.
    You're mixing up personal ID (begins 10) with UCAS number (begins 09).

You might as well add something about my mobile number (begins 07) in there as well, as that would be just as logical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You're mixing up personal ID (begins 10) with UCAS number (begins 09).

You might as well add something about my mobile number (begins 07) in there as well, as that would be just as logical.
    Oh crepe, and I thought it was you guys being the stupid ones! Sorry aboot that.

Plus I should probably have read your post at the end of page one.

:sheep:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The search function comes in handy.

Everyone has a UCAS number, which starts 09. However this year UCAS decided to be awkward and are only giving candidates their personal ID, which starts 10 and has more digits. This is the one you use to log into Track.

Use your UCAS number if you have it, although this is unlikely. Use your Personal ID if not.

ReputationRep:
    This has probably been posted before but I don't have time to look through all the posts, sorry!

I'm trying to complete a form and it asks for my 9 digit UCAS number. Problem is, the only sort of UCAS number I have is the one I use for Track, which is 10 digits long. How do I find my 9 digit number?

ReputationRep:
    oh, i was just going to come on here and say it's your personal ID but yes, you're right, that is 10 digits.
    um, well that's the only ucas number i've ever had.
    some unis give you an id numbe when they write to you concerning your application, i know mine did, and they were all 9 digits. maybe it means that if your form is for a specific uni.

sorry i couldn't be more helpful

ReputationRep:
    I know which one you mean but can't think what its called, it might be the one you used to sign into ucas right at the beginning when you were making your choices, have a look on any letters you might have received.

ReputationRep:
    It's not my student number for my Uni coz they've already asked me for that and it's only 8 digits long anyway.

I've looked through all of my letters and stuff but I seriously can't find any number that's 9 digits long!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know?!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by reddevilleanne)
    Anyone know?!
    No idea, unfortunately. Best bet is probably calling UCAS on (0)871 468 0 468, open Monday to Friday, 08:30-18:00 (UK time).

Alternatively, contact the people you are filling out the form for and see if they made an error. They probably just want your UCAS Personal ID, however, I don't really know how this will benefit anyone...

ReputationRep:
    I've got a UCAS letter amongst my pile of stuff with an application number (different to personal ID) on which is 9 digits so you might want to ask them about that perhaps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)
    I've got a UCAS letter amongst my pile of stuff with an application number (different to personal ID) on which is 9 digits so you might want to ask them about that perhaps
    Thing is, I've had letters from UCAS but nothing that has a 'UCAS number' on it, just my personal ID number and Track login username. Is the UCAS number meant to start with 09? Coz I can't find anything at all on the letters or on Apply and Track

ReputationRep:
    it might do yeh cos i applied last year and it started with 08

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)
    it might do yeh cos i applied last year and it started with 08
    I don't have anything anywhere that starts with 09...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reddevilleanne)
    I don't have anything anywhere that starts with 09...
    Then use your personal ID instead.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

Student on bed with laptop

All student accommodation articles

City guides and advice on finding the right place

Photo of apprentices

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A young woman talking to her mother

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.