Turn on thread page Beta

Really lonely at uni - considering dropping out watch

ReputationRep:
    what uni are you at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lman43)
    ok thank you, please keep the suggestions coming.

but smashypink - when you say just move on to someone else, thats what i find hard.
    because if someone isn't interested in talking to me, i take it very seriously, i cant just let it go
    I know a lot of people who find that hard - I used to do it myself as well. BUT then I just decided that those people are just not worth your time and that you really should not waste time being disappointed or sad about it because then you'll definitively miss out on a lot of fun!

ReputationRep:
    Move your horizons beyond your flat and get involved with societies. A lot of "confident" people have deep insecurity problems - keep that in mind when talking to them and it won't faze you so much.

I totally understand how you feel. I felt like this and in the end, I decided to drop out and I'm so much happier now. I'm going back to Uni in September and living at home - I'll have all my friends here and I know I'll be a lot happier than I was at my other uni. Do what you think's the best for you xx

ReputationRep:
    the more you talk the better you'll feel & you'll get more confident...it may take a little time but it'll be woth it don't worry

ReputationRep:
    ok

ReputationRep:
    Rather than just tagging along with your roommates or whoever, pluck up the courage to ask THEM to go somewhere. Then it looks like you are making the effort rather than the other way around.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know you could still be lonely in uni
    I'm a loner at college as we speak
    this is bad.

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.