The Student Room Group

architecture programme-sketchup?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hispanic-impresssions skp is quite simple so if u start experimenting on it then u will learn lots
i think i am gonna start taking private lessons from a tutor outside uni and then sit the autocad exam,its good to have the degree
but i am more interested in skp than autocad..i'll just tell her to explain me some more difficult stuff on skp:tongue:
Reply 21
I love using SketchUp, but it's nowhere near as respected as Autocad. I can't imagine I'm any more employable because I'm amazing at SketchUp.
Ava_Rice
I love using SketchUp, but it's nowhere near as respected as Autocad. I can't imagine I'm any more employable because I'm amazing at SketchUp.

they are very different tools. you wouldn't draw a 1:5 detail on sketchup, but equally, i wouldn't sit down on day one of a project and fire up Autocad (or vectorworks in my case) and start drawing in that as a way of conceptually modelling.

sketchup = good for plastic, early modelling, also for base point for visualisations, context models

cad = for details, hardline drawings of plans / elevations

you can obviously export you skp model as a dwg which you can have as a greyed out model as a guide when doing your hardline.

lots of people diss skp, but its often because they are trying to get it to do stuff it was never intended for.
Reply 23
hai...i'm a beginner for this sketchup....did anyone know the website which i can learn this program...tq
you can find tutorials for most of the main features on youtube.
Reply 25
Best way to learn, is through play :smile:

Play with it :biggrin:
Original post by +epic
honestly come throw a tidal wave at my boat why dont you :rolleyes: :p:

cinema 4d was awesome application guy, and i'm studying.
and i've a problem, where i'm find vray for c4d ? no one can tell me ? please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending