Drinking alcohol to enjoy clubbing Watch

Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
99% of the time I'm sober when I go out, I don't need alcohol to have fun and go crazy, dance like mad, I feel sorry for the people that do need it.
twilightdancer
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
I know how you feel. Not drinking you do feel a bit self concious. I see people dancing and inside im like that but i always never seem to be able to bring myself round to it. At times i think im just going to drink but i can never seem to do that either as i fear the loss of control and by the end of the night its just me having an argument to myself and feeling like ive let everyone down.
LooieENG
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd never dance sober :redface:
never say never
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You do not need to get drunk to have a good night.If you feel self concious,just down a few drinks before leaving the house(it's cheaper) to take off the edge and just top up to be on the tipsy level where you are in control of yourself but also merry and happy go lucky to chat to the boys and girls and dance your ass off.Always a winner.
daisyc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have never gone out before without drinking a lot beforehand, I could never go sober.
Ehmo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by shirley7)
Is it normal for alot of people to have to drink a few alcoholic drinks in order to enjoy clubbing? Some people I know who don't drink at all can really get into it - dancing and chatting alot. If i'm sober I really don't like the whole clubbing thing - I wont dance unless i'm at least a bit tipsy. If i'm out clubbing with my mates, at the start of the night, one might say something like "are you alright? You're quiet tonight". But once I have a few drinks i'm fine and really get into it. It's annoying having to rely on alcohol to have a good time.
Defo. Clubbing is sooo boring unless you're abso trollied.
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It depends for me. Last time I went out, I got past the point where it was actually fun, because I was absolutely wasted. I wasn't bored but I was just generally getting irritated. The time before that, I wasn't drunk enough, and I got bored. Works both ways, tbh.
RollerBall
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There's getting tipsy and having a laugh and there is getting smashed so that you have no idea what you're doing. I'm never getting into that state after what happened with my girlfriend when we seperated for a while.
k823127
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wouldnt go out sober. Sad, i know, but i just wouldnt.
Grapevine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
On the very few occasions I've been clubbing, I was drunk/very drunk and needed to be in order to enjoy it (which I did). To be honest, I can't see how anyone can enjoy clubbing without being at least slightly drunk. I couldn't bring myself to start dancing without being fairly plastered lol.
Grapevine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by k823127)
I wouldnt go out sober. Sad, i know, but i just wouldnt.
I don't think that's sad at all. Most people (me especially) really need to have a few drinks before they can wind down and relax. I'm so uptight and sensible when I'm not drunk; being drunk is the only time I can be very relaxed and carefree which is such an unwinding experience!
Deanna19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I really don't think that this is a bad thing as long as you stay safe.

Plus I don't have to take in how **** the clubs are in this area
emerley
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't really have enough confidence to dance if I'm sober, so I always get tipsy before I go out, it just seems much more fun that way..
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (130)
18.6%
No (422)
60.37%
Not really bothered about them (147)
21.03%

Watched Threads