The Premiership Sure Is Lacking Goalscorers This Season Watch

modric 14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by calvinuk)
And we love him for it

He's weird, he'll play **** for a full 90 minutes, and then get a hat-trick, see Yeovil game.

It looks as if he's not even trying in League one.
how much do you want because we've got a few quid to spend once we sellbent, bentley, pav, zok, rocha, gilberto, kpb.

I reckon £2m is about fair
calvinuk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by modric 14)
how much do you want because we've got a few quid to spend once we sellbent, bentley, pav, zok, rocha, gilberto, kpb.

I reckon £2m is about fair
Doubt we'd sell him for that much.

We rejected a bid from Derby last year, I believe, and Beckford said he didn't want to leave.

But maybe that was because Derby are a bag of ****.
modric 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by calvinuk)
Doubt we'd sell him for that much.

We rejected a bid from Derby last year, I believe, and Beckford said he didn't want to leave.

But maybe that was because Derby are a bag of ****.
Dont you need the money?!

I'm very gratedul tbh.

lennon for £1m and has been the best right winger this calndar year including a raping for evra at wembley

keane bought fior £ 7m sold for £20m and bought back for £12m :woo: so therfore we got him for free :cool:

even robbo went for a profit :eek3:
bigman_ben
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
haha be careful about raping, the feminists will be after you like they were Alan Pardew
kaal1010
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by modric 14)
Dont you need the money?!

I'm very gratedul tbh.

lennon for £1m and has been the best right winger this calndar year including a raping for evra at wembley

keane bought fior £ 7m sold for £20m and bought back for £12m :woo: so therfore we got him for free :cool:

even robbo went for a profit :eek3:
If only the league table looked at positive as the balance sheet!
modric 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kaal1010)
If only the league table looked at positive as the balance sheet!
cant disagree with you there
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by farhan)
Yeah I was thinking this the other day. At this rate, no one would reach 20.
I can only really see Ronaldo getting to 20, and even he has to score more often than he has been to get there.
izaldo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The Yak's been injured, that is why.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's all because Jermain Defoe is injured & on the beach with Chantelle/Airhead.
Akkuz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's been a tight season so far in every respect, which is good for the league.
ticktockclock
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Quite frankly the strikers at the lesser teams need to step up, what happened to the good old days of kevin phillips getting the golden boot while at southampton and d bent giving henry and rvn a run for their money while at charlton.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ticktockclock)
Quite frankly the strikers at the lesser teams need to step up, what happened to the good old days of kevin phillips getting the golden boot while at southampton and d bent giving henry and rvn a run for their money while at charlton.
They got chucked on the bench & made to be 3rd or 4th choice at their current clubs?

Maybe if WBA kept KP for this season, he would have banged in those precious goals they so desperately need(ed) to actually stay in the PL.

:yep:
Jeppaloth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Felipe Caicedo would be there if he got played more, he has started 8 games this year and he has scored 6 goals. I love him as a player and a man. He also breaks attacks down better than Makalele, the problem is its our attacks with him being offside..
ticktockclock
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jeppaloth)
Felipe Caicedo would be there if he got played more, he has started 8 games this year and he has scored 6 goals. I love him as a player and a man. He also breaks attacks down better than Makalele, the problem is its our attacks with him being offside..
While i acknowledge that he is an exceptionally gifted player, I dont think his finishing is that good. I would say he's more of 15 goals a season type of player, great player though surprised he was kept out of the first team for so long. I think the linesman was a bit harsh on him the other day, half of those offsides were marginal.
ticktockclock
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by .Andrew.)
They got chucked on the bench & made to be 3rd or 4th choice at their current clubs?
Maybe if WBA kept KP for this season, he would have banged in those precious goals they so desperately need(ed) to actually stay in the PL.

:yep:

How many does KP have for birmingham?
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
13/32
username280380
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Stu Laverty)
Just saying.

There's been no consistent goalscorers in the Premiership, and right now it might be difficult to see anyone getting into the 20's.

Anelka 15
Ronaldo 13
Davies 11
Robinho 11
Agbonlahor 10
Bent 10
Gerrard 10
Lampard 10
Zaki 10

The top scorers so far. Considering a fair few of them seem to be players who have had one good patch (in terms of goalscoring) and then gone silent for many months (Bent, Anelka, Robinho, Zaki).

I realise that several of the best goalscorers have been injured (for example, Torres, Adebayor), but it does seem to be a lot tamer than usual.
But their are loads more goal scorers in the Lower Leauges - some players (Jon Main) got over 40 goals so far.
gunners r us
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just bring back Ruud and Thierry, all will be sorted.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I didn't mean KP on the bench at Birmingham. He is used quite alot.

Sure he's probably scored more then anyone in the WBA team has this season. Could have done with him.
Vintage
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Stu Laverty)
Just saying.

There's been no consistent goalscorers in the Premiership, and right now it might be difficult to see anyone getting into the 20's.

Anelka 15
Ronaldo 13
Davies 11
Robinho 11
Agbonlahor 10
Bent 10
Gerrard 10
Lampard 10
Zaki 10

The top scorers so far. Considering a fair few of them seem to be players who have had one good patch (in terms of goalscoring) and then gone silent for many months (Bent, Anelka, Robinho, Zaki).

I realise that several of the best goalscorers have been injured (for example, Torres, Adebayor), but it does seem to be a lot tamer than usual.
Yeah its wierd isn't it. so much for teams wanting to sign a 20 goal a season striker for the premiership... Gone are the days of Henry, Shearer, Ferdinand, etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.54%
No (392)
72.46%

Watched Threads