The burn machine? Watch

Brotherhood
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by my_username_was_taken)
Have you read about my circumstances? I'd just use it for cardio. What else do you suggest?
I'm not a physiotherapist. Ask the person you're paying to help you.
my_username_was_taken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Brotherhood)
I'm not a physiotherapist. Ask the person you're paying to help you.
They didn't suggest anything except wait till my knees get better (2 years time) But a hydrotherapist suggested swimming just with my upper body and a float. So instead of saying it's ridiculous, why not consider my situation and apply your thought to something constructive?
Brotherhood
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They didn't suggest anything except wait till my knees get better (2 years time) But a hydrotherapist suggested swimming just with my upper body and a float. So instead of saying it's ridiculous, why not consider my situation and apply your thought to something constructive?
Stopping you from wasting £100 is pretty constructive I think.

I'm not a physio as I've said. I can't give you any educated advice regarding your injury.
Levity. Irony.
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Love how it is supposed to improve your fitness, strength, whatsoever for every sport... I wonder why we didn't have one of those when I was still playing Lacrosse.

You should be glad some people talk sense to you. Total waste of money, basically anything should be better. Apart from that, a good physiotherapist should be able to give you advice - and I don't mean that 'wait till you get better' rubbish. Actually, I would try to get an appointment with someone who takes care of athletes - I have no clue where to go in the UK, but if you want to find out you probably can. You shouldn't waste your time with the equipment you posted, and possibly not with physiotherapist you're seeing.

& I wouldn't try to get myself specific advise on physical therapy online. That's ridiculous (you need someone qualified to have a look at you and then tell you what to do), every single person who'd seriously tried to tell you what forms of physical therapy to pursue should be banned.
my_username_was_taken
Rep:
?
(Original post by Levity. Irony.)
Love how it is supposed to improve your fitness, strength, whatsoever for every sport... I wonder why we didn't have one of those when I was still playing Lacrosse.

You should be glad some people talk sense to you. Total waste of money, basically anything should be better. Apart from that, a good physiotherapist should be able to give you advice - and I don't mean that 'wait till you get better' rubbish. Actually, I would try to get an appointment with someone who takes care of athletes - I have no clue where to go in the UK, but if you want to find out you probably can. You shouldn't waste your time with the equipment you posted, and possibly not with physiotherapist you're seeing.

& I wouldn't try to get myself specific advise on physical therapy online. That's ridiculous (you need someone qualified to have a look at you and then tell you what to do), every single person who'd seriously tried to tell you what forms of physical therapy to pursue should be banned.
This is my third physiotherapist, the previous two were useless! My current one works for a major football club.

That was a good post, thanks. They seem to be scared of getting used physios nowadays to give advicde on what you can and can't do
Levity. Irony.
Report 9 years ago
This is my third physiotherapist, the previous two were useless! My current one works for a major football club.

That was a good post, thanks. They seem to be scared of getting used physios nowadays to give advicde on what you can and can't do
Popular topic today. Sorry to hear they're giving you as much trouble though. My dad used to be in physiotherapy since I can think I guess. He had a terrible car accident when I was young. Our GP gave him the contact details of an amazing physiotherapist, so he didn't had to try as many, but finding someone capable is definitely worth it. Good luck.
my_username_was_taken
Rep:
?
(Original post by Levity. Irony.)
Popular topic today. Sorry to hear they're giving you as much trouble though. My dad used to be in physiotherapy since I can think I guess. He had a terrible car accident when I was young. Our GP gave him the contact details of an amazing physiotherapist, so he didn't had to try as many, but finding someone capable is definitely worth it. Good luck.
Hmm, do you think i should see another one? How do i know i've got a decent one? I got told this one was good by the orthopedic surgeon, and she happens to be the top physio at a private clinic. But she refered me to a one who works for a football team because then i don't need to miss time off school every week for physio.

Do you think i should swap back to the senior :rolleyes:

Ohh and by the way, got links to othr discussions about physios? I'd like to see them.

From personal experience, and i can't speak for them all they seem useless at anything abnormal and give you the wrong exercises...

But that's from experience of seeing my previous two. She was supposed to be reccommended by my GP also....

Thanks for your input.
Levity. Irony.
Report 9 years ago
Hmm, do you think i should see another one?
I honestly can't tell. I just wonder why he can't give you any advice on your question - did you specifically ask him? It just seems weird that you are told to wait for 2 whole years - usually muscular dystrophy isn't actually what you are looking for, but that's what he should be able to tell you. Can't you just ask for a 2nd opinion (without settling on anyone as your physio yet)?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (140)
18.52%
No (459)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (157)
20.77%

Watched Threads