16-25 Railcard Watch

dalianatkinson
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you have the receipt for the card (which you can use to get a replacement if you lose the card itself) you could take that with you, it has all the details on except your photo. Alternatively you could just get it posted down to you.
TI-84
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Fjarskafinn)
They'd have to, if the OP didn't have their railcard with them. It's the only way they'd be able to check it without it being there.. though there's always the problem of one of the conditions of the railcard being that you need to have it with you on EVERY journey. But it's worth a shot.
Oh your talking about the OP, I thought you were referring to the person who's already 25, and maybe using his Railcard after he turns 26. :redface:
harlequin_7_
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
photoshop one up and claim it is a scan... if you are a girl some cute smiling would not go amiss...
Sephiroth
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Fjarskafinn)
They'd have to, if the OP didn't have their railcard with them. It's the only way they'd be able to check it without it being there.. though there's always the problem of one of the conditions of the railcard being that you need to have it with you on EVERY journey. But it's worth a shot.
They won't do that however. As I say I forgot mine once. He didn't look it up. If they're feeling nice they may give you a receipt and say to take your railcard into a station to try get a refund but it's a small chance. It's worth the OP asking this if he does have to pay up on the train.
pistonhead
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Quick update. On the train now about 1 hour away from my destination, Edinburgh. The ticket inspector didn't come in to the coach for the first 4 hours and then when he did nearly everyone was sleeping so he just left us in peace. Don't think he was planning on checking anyway. If I'd known this would have happened I wouldn't even have bought a ticket!

Here's hoping he doesn't ask in the last hour of a 5 hour journey!
sandettielightvessel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pistonhead)
Quick update. On the train now about 1 hour away from my destination, Edinburgh. The ticket inspector didn't come in to the coach for the first 4 hours and then when he did nearly everyone was sleeping so he just left us in peace. Don't think he was planning on checking anyway. If I'd known this would have happened I wouldn't even have bought a ticket!

Here's hoping he doesn't ask in the last hour of a 5 hour journey!
If you do get gripped and have to pay full fare, retain the ticket you are issued with and write in to NXEC, explaining the circumstances and enclosing the tickets. Whilst they don't have to, they will often refund the extra ticket in such circumstances.

The whole morale of NXEC staff appears to have gone down the pan recently however, so unless the gripper was a jobsworth you should be OK...

As for it being more expensive and taking longer, depends on your journey. London to Edinburgh will no way be shorter by car - and cheaper depends on the ticket you buy. Remember that a car has more costs than petrol - insurance, tax, maintenance, and crucially deprecation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.6%
No (737)
72.4%

Watched Threads