Is it wrong to use a prostitute? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't want to sound like a troll but lets say if the women was really really good looking (stunning). And I had intercourse with her (shag sounds abit degrading lol) it would feel really good for me and would thus be meaningfull.
:rofl:
BumperBo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by The Legacy 1)
Prostitutes generally don't want to have sex with their clients, but they have to because they need the money. In a way it can be classed as rape. Therefore I'd say it's morally wrong aswell as legally.
I have a job, as do many people.
Although I don't really enjoy doing said job, I certainly wouldn't consider it slavery or forced labor.
They're getting paid, and to them it's worth it.
Therefore, ALL things considered, they technically do want to have the sex. Though I'm sure they'd rather have the money without having to be a prostitute, you gotta do what's necessary to survive.
The Legacy 1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by big-bang-theory)
I generally don't want to protect and administer first aid at the pool I work at, but I have to because I need the money. Are my customers guilty of forcing me in to the activity. That argument is moot.
You're trying to compare a job at a pool with prostitution? What the **** are you on. By your logic doing anything for money is acceptable.
BumperBo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by big-bang-theory)
I generally don't want to protect and administer first aid at the pool I work at, but I have to because I need the money. Are my customers guilty of forcing me in to the activity. That argument is moot.
Agh you beat me to it.
common_person
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's not illegal, depending on how you find her. If you know for sure that she's in the business out of her own free will, and that there's nothing dodgy going on, then I don't see a problem. If, however, you're exploiting a girl's desperation for the the gain of some pimp and for your own gratification, then there is a problem.
DayneD89
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In my opinion it should be legal, but more should be done to stop women needing to resort to it.
Magnanimity
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1) Any future girlfriends will be seriously pissed you did it, I would end my current 3 year relationship with my boyfriend if I found out he had used a prostitute.
2) What is having sex with a prostitute really going to do for your sex life and your romantic life? Nothing. You're not solving any problems here.
3) Saying shag sounds degrading but you're going to pay a woman to have sex with you? :rofl:
Age_of_Innocence
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You may as well just choke one off and save some money. It's essentially the same. You are paying her for it after all - she is only there because of the money. She has no feelings for you. Therefore what you are doing is emotionally meaningless. Sex is best when it's with someone you are really passionate about, and they're passionate about you.
dream_theater
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't think there's any ethical problem with the idealistic view of a female who is choosing to work as a prostitute and (as much as possible) is happy with her job, having sex with a client for money. But I don't think it's easy to find that kinda situation, there's all sorts of stuff tied up in sleeping with a prostitute I reckon. She might not wanna do it, she might be forced into doing it by someone, etc. So I'd be kinda worried about it. And I would react badly if a partner told me they'd slept with a prostitute in the past. It's not an ideal world.

Are you REALLY that desparate for it?
Misogynist
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dream_theater)
I don't think there's any ethical problem with the idealistic view of a female who is choosing to work as a prostitute and (as much as possible) is happy with her job, having sex with a client for money. But I don't think it's easy to find that kinda situation, there's all sorts of stuff tied up in sleeping with a prostitute I reckon. She might not wanna do it, she might be forced into doing it by someone, etc. So I'd be kinda worried about it. And I would react badly if a partner told me they'd slept with a prostitute in the past. It's not an ideal world.

Are you REALLY that desparate for it?
A vegan Dream Theater fan? Never though I'd see one of those..
WhatTheFunk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
can't you just wait like most of us do
username158544
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't think there's a problem with it, if your getting it somewhere official like a proper brothel house in Amsterdam. Prostitution's been going on for thousands of years. I think brothels should be legalized here in fact...at least it'd help to get vulnerable girls off the streets.
Izzen
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't think there's anything morally wrong with it, as long as it's a reputable brothel that does not partake in sex trafficking or anything like that.
numb3rb0y
Badges: 3
Report 9 years ago
No. Consenting adults and all that.
Cj-Tj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you are desperate for sex and you can’t find a girlfriend. Is it ok to use a prostitute? It’s illegal but is it morally acceptable?
Its perfectly legal in the UK. I dont see a problem, future gfs might, but 1 in 10 men have paid for sex, so its not a big deal.
wallflower*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Let me introduce you to Mrs Hand, she is always willing to please and you don't have to pay her.
Ozy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've considered this myself.

I'm 21, still at uni, and I've only slept with one girl, over a year ago and she made me feel crap and worthless. I lost my virginity to her and sorta regret it.

I lost what little self esteem I had and up until recently haven't had any interest from the opposite sex.
I'm convinced I'm ugly or there is something else majorly wrong with me that puts every girl in the Uk off me.
My workmate put the idea into my head and said it would only cost £80 (he's used one before).
I don't think it's wrong. Not all prostitutes are forced into their job by violent sex rings. Some just do it for a a well paid living.

I've not hired a prostitute, but if you really want to have sex and there is no other way, like in my case, then yeah, go for it.
Magnanimity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ozy)
I've considered this myself.

I'm 21, still at uni, and I've only slept with one girl, over a year ago and she made me feel crap and worthless. I lost my virginity to her and sorta regret it.

I lost what little self esteem I had and up until recently haven't had any interest from the opposite sex.
I'm convinced I'm ugly or there is something else majorly wrong with me that puts every girl in the Uk off me.
My workmate put the idea into my head and said it would only cost £80 (he's used one before).
I don't think it's wrong. Not all prostitutes are forced into their job by violent sex rings. Some just do it for a a well paid living.

I've not hired a prostitute, but if you really want to have sex and there is no other way, like in my case, then yeah, go for it.
Yeah I'm sure loads of girls grow up with the ambition to become a prostitute.
Ozy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by junglemonkey)
Yeah I'm sure loads of girls grow up with the ambition to become a prostitute.
£80 for half an hour? It's not a bad job.

If you devalue sex into just a service, like manual labour, it's not that bad.
elldee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yep...wrong.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1381)
79.5%
Leave (356)
20.5%

Watched Threads