http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoI2IvlKh_k
I love Islam.
|>|Imagine|<|
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pendragon)
That is not what racism means, antisemitism is used because the Jews are both a race and a religion that coincides. Antisemitism is also problematic as a term as Arabs are semitic peoples too. But people who are antisemitic are not merely anti-Judaism and perfectly fine with Jews who have renounced Judaism and are for example secular atheists.

Do not spread misinformation or attempt to redefine concepts in ways that suit yourself, its patently ridiculous.
High fives.
hannah17clg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by artemisa)
You just keep playing into the hands of the video. :clap2:
Stop keep going on about the 'video' as if it's gods gift. Have you considered that not everybody may view the 'video' to be as holy and right as you do?
cocacola786
Report 9 years ago
thats just like saying 'anti semitic' is a false concept.
|>|Imagine|<|
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hannah17clg)
Stop keep going on about the 'video' as if it's gods gift. Have you considered that not everybody may view the 'video' to be as holy and right as you do?
Oh my word, do you fail this much often?
artemisa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by farhan)
You need to learn English.

Meaning #2: discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion
Synonyms: antiblack, anti-Semitic, anti-Semite

http://www.answers.com/racist
Oh dear, you were actually being serious. Are you that moronic that you label me a racist, when the video clearly establishes that Islam is not a race and proves how utterly foolish those who label Islam criticisers as racist are?

You can stick your incorrect answers.com definition where the sun does not shine. Let's ask the Oxford English Dictionary, shall we?

• noun 1 the belief that there are characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to each race. 2 discrimination against or antagonism towards other races.
I fail to see "religion" in there.
pendragon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by OWNIJ)
i think alot of people dont know enough about islam. all they see is the crazy ass fundamentalists that form an tiny, tiny ammount of the muslim populations on tv.
I know a lot about Islam, I know that it was a source of scientific progress a few centuries ago, that in its inception it was more tolerant of other peoples of the book (Christians and Jews), only requiring that they pay a tax and refrain from proselytizing, than Christianity was tolerant of Jews and Muslims.

But actually if educated rational liberal people knew more about Islam, and especially more about contemporary Islam, they would be more concerned about it not less.
OWNIJ
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
just think about it. since the tragedy of 9/11 many muslims have been victim of collective punishment. relatives of mine have been called "bin ladens nephew" lol!
yes, it was present before but not on this scale. the fact is that most muslims renounce terrorism and the term "jihad" is hevily misused by the media.
Nick_000
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Secondly, he is definitely racist and hates Muslims, which was established wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyy before this thread was made and video was posted.
I can speak English perferctly well. Thank you for your concern though.

Racism is belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

In short, it is essentially hatred or intolerance of other races.

I have not read any of the thread starters posts. I do not agree with racism or discrimination and question the logic of those who believe a characteristic of a person such as race or religion means that person is inferior.

However, criticising a religion is not racism.
FyreFight
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Secondly, he is definitely racist and hates Muslims, which was established wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyy before this thread was made and video was posted.

If you need to insult someone, you shouldn't have to try and re-write the dictionary in the process.

Don't sling 'racist' around so blindly, particularly when it clearly doesn't fit. You're devaluing the concept.
pendragon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cocacola786)
As I said, linguistically its a problematic term - because of the meaning of semitic peoples embracing Arabs and the tendency to use it falsely against mere critics of an Israeli state, Zionism or Judaism alone - but as to the phenomena it describes a more valid and useful concept.
artemisa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
When have I ever provided a racist statement? Please do find a substantial quotation to reinforce your infantile claims. Oh, and don't go by your pathetic and incorrect definition.

Why are you playing into the hands of the video? The video proposes that terms such as 'Islamophobe' and 'Racist' are all attacks to negate people's criticism of the religion. Why don't you actually provide a good counter-argument against the video, instead of weak ad-hominem attacks against the poster? You're making a fool out of yourself, as you are simply reinforcing what the video claims.
adamdivine
Report 9 years ago
What about "christianaphobia". Nah, that would be stupid...:rolleyes:
adamdivine
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cocacola786)
IRRATIONAL FEAR isn't the same as opposing a doctrine/ belief system/ religion
Jarve99
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I strongly dislike Islam and yet I'm not racist. It's not racist to disagree with someones views on god, anymore than it is to say I dislike cider. If you dislike a certain person or type of people, for something they can't control such as the colour of their skin, it's really not fair at all. However, when one chooses to support a certain idea amongst others, one has to accept the fact that they're going to be criticised for it at some stage.
JMonkey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Islamaphobia maybe a false concept, but Metallica rule. Fact.

I strongly dispute the veracity of all religions over any other religion. That makes me a rationalist not phobic of religion. I agree there is no reason we shouldn't be able to honestly discuss the flaws in any religion, provided we don't turn it into unreasoning hatred because of generalisations and ignorance.
Feral Beast
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's entirely acceptable to dislike a belief system. Islamphobia is a false concept. Sorry. If you think Islamophobia exists then you're either retarded or dishonest for your own interest.
cocacola786
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by adamdivine)
IRRATIONAL FEAR isn't the same as opposing a doctrine/ belief system/ religion
British Runnymede Trust defined Islamophobia as the "dread or hatred of Islam and therefore, to the fear and dislike of all Muslims," stating that it also refers to the practice of discriminating against Muslims by excluding them from the economic, social, and public life of the nation. It includes the perception that Islam has no values in common with other cultures, is inferior to the West and is a violent political ideology rather than a religion.[4] Professor Anne Sophie Roald writes that steps were taken toward official acceptance of the term in January 2001 at the "Stockholm International Forum on Combating Intolerance", where Islamophobia was recognized as a form of intolerance alongside Xenophobia and Antisemitism.[5]

The European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia (EUMC), a European Union watchdog, released a report entitled "Summary report on Islamophobia in the EU after 11 September 2001", which described an increase in Islamophobia-related incidents in European member states post-9/11.
cocacola786
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Feral Beast)
It's entirely acceptable to dislike a belief system. Islamphobia is a false concept. Sorry. If you think Islamophobia exists then you're either retarded or dishonest for your own interest.

Islamophobia

# The desecration of 148 French Muslim graves near Arras. A pig's head was hung from a headstone and profanities insulting Islam and Muslims were daubed on some graves.[78]
# Dr Amanda Wise and Ghali Hassan from GlobalResearch.ca have alleged that the 2005 Cronulla riots were the result of a climate of "Islamophobia" in Australia.[79][80]
# Dalil Boubakeur, a director of a Paris mosque described the vandalism on a Mosque in Paris, France as Islamophobic.[81]
# Giles Tremlett of The Guardian referred to the burning of a Muslim Sanctuary in the Spanish city of Ceuta, as an instance of Islamophobia.[82]
# Halima Mautbur, from the Canadian Council on American-Islamic Relations called an attack on a hijabi Muslim woman "an Islamophobic incident".[83]
# Doudou Diène in a report prepared by the UN Commission on Human Rights released on March 7, 2006 mentioned the publishing of the cartoons at the heart of the Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy regarding, "The development of Islamophobia or any racism and racial discrimination ..."[84] On February 17, 2008 the Islamic Republic News Agency reported, that an Iranian cultural official considers Wikipedias inclusion of the Muhammad cartoon images a desecrating, divisive and Islamophobic move.[85]
# On March 8, 2006 the Islamic Human Rights Commission made a press release entitled, "Islamophobia in Prisons stretches far beyond Belmarsh" concerning prisons in Britain.[86]
# Destruction and vandalism of Muslim graves in France were seen as Islamophobic by a report of the European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia.[87]
# Zohreh Assemi, an Iranian American Muslim owner of a nail salon in Locust Valley, New York, was robbed, beaten, and called a "terrorist" in September of 2007 in what authorities call a bias crime.[88] Assemi was kicked, sliced with a boxcutter, and had her hand smashed with a hammer. The perpatrators, who forcibly removed $2,000 from the saloon and scrawled anti-Muslim slurs on the mirrors, also told Assemi to "get out of town" and that her kind were not "welcomed" in the area. The attack followed two weeks of phone calls in which Iranian-American Zohreh Assemi was called a "terrorist" and told to "get out of town," friends and family said.[88]
# Vandalism of Muslim Graves in Charlton cemetery in Plumstead, London.[89]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1119)
78.97%
Leave (298)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise