If I don't accept my medical offer, parents'll kick me out on the streets NOW!! :eek: Watch

IndiePixie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Accept the offer for medicine - go away to uni - when you get there talk to the course tutor and ask for a transfer to English
Emanon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You could always accept the offer for now to calm things down at home. Then give it a good think over the next few weeks and if you still feel the same way you can change. On another note if your parents really are serious about throwing you out just for not doing the subject they want that's pretty serious. Phone Childline or some other similar charity, they will be able to give you much better advice on what to do.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm so scared, I'm a mess of tears right now!

I've decided that no I'd rather do English and I've told them and everythings ready and my clothes are all on the floor, stuff in suitcases, my laptops gonna be taken from me so bye bye all and thank you so much. I'm gonna follow my dreams no matter what it takes, even though it means im gonna be spending the next year of my life living ruff.

it was nice knowing you all, but parents are so crazy they're not giving me time, my dad's screaming literally now 'why the **** did i born i ******* ****'

bye
Anonymous #1
Emsybean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I've decided that no I'd rather do English and I've told them and everythings ready and my clothes are all on the floor, stuff in suitcases, my laptops gonna be taken from me so bye bye all and thank you so much. I'm gonna follow my dreams no matter what it takes, even though it means im gonna be spending the next year of my life living ruff.

it was nice knowing you all, but parents are so crazy they're not giving me time, my dad's screaming literally now 'why the **** did i born i ******* ****'

bye
:console:

I can't believe I've just read that, but it's good that you're standing up for yourself and following your heart. At the end of the day it's your life and you can do whatever you want, you should never be pressured by anyone to make a decision, let alone your parents - good luck with whatever happens
S001
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
I'm shocked that there are parents like that on this planet :| no offense to your parents but like in the end it is your life kicking you out is way extreme.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Emsybean)
:console:

I can't believe I've just read that, but it's good that you're standing up for yourself and following your heart. At the end of the day it's your life and you can do whatever you want, you should never be pressured by anyone to make a decision, let alone your parents - good luck with whatever happens
Thank you so much.

Bye bye now
Dreizhen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Work with BMJ. Best of both worlds baby.
username227084
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

bye
My God, I feel so sorry for you. Your parents are completely insane...
thetopnotch
Report 9 years ago
well done to the OP for being brave, i hope everything turns out well for you

(Original post by Alex L)
Alex L were you on 1st thread the other day, maybe if you wanted a follow up
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mazza558)
My God, I feel so sorry for you. Your parents are completely insane...
They're worse than insane.

I've got a few mins left methinks. My sister's screaming at my parents to let me stay and apply to read English at Cambridge next cycle at this very minute, so I have a few moments left to spare on tsr.

I really don't know what to do, but just leave

Anybody know childlines number?
thetopnotch
Report 9 years ago
They're worse than insane.

I've got a few mins left methinks. My sister's screaming at my parents to let me stay and apply to read English at Cambridge next cycle at this very minute, so I have a few moments left to spare on tsr.

I really don't know what to do, but just leave

Anybody know childlines number?
http://www.childline.org.uk/Pages/default.aspx and number is 0800 1111
username227084
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They'll see reason in a few days (or even hours). If they kick you out, they'll realise what a terrible mistake they made.
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by thetopnotch)
Alex L were you on 1st thread the other day, maybe if you wanted a follow up
Thanks for the heads up

OP, like I said towards the end of the last thread, at the end of the day your safety and well being is the number one priority at this moment in time, so although I'm reluctant to say allow yourself to be bullied into this, ending up homeless won't help you at all
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Screenname)
Is this thread taking the piss?

To be honest that's pretty dreadful advice. Medicine's hard enough for the most intelligent of people who are wholly committed to the subject and career choice, so if it's not what you want to do it's a waste of time. There's no point in doing it if you're not completely sure about it, because it's a huge commitment and it'd be hard to want to work in the course if you're not motivated or dedicated towards it.
What makes you think that the OP is not intelligent? Or won't be motivated once there?
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 9 years ago
Accept it then switch when you get there or accept it change during clearing and tell your parents your going to do medicine and then get some student accomm which is 52 weeks
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Alex L)
Thanks for the heads up

OP, like I said towards the end of the last thread, at the end of the day your safety and well being is the number one priority at this moment in time, so although I'm reluctant to say allow yourself to be bullied into this, ending up homeless won't help you at all
So do you think I should just accept the offer and stay? Please reply quickly I have but seconds to spare
Tefhel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If your parents want the best for you so much that they push you into medicine and then they shout at you when you don't want to do it, then I'm sure they care about you enough not to throw you out onto the street to become a tramp. They are majorly bluffing.
Rennie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wish I'd gotten that option really since medicine is what I want to do and I haven't had any offers.

However, it's your decision and you shouldn't go on to do something you don't want to do. Your parents should appreciate that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Purple)
Accept it then switch when you get there or accept it change during clearing and tell your parents your going to do medicine and then get some student accomm which is 52 weeks
They won't let me get student accom either At all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (520)
80.62%
Leave (125)
19.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise