Give me time. I will soon post an evaluation of Unit 6 case study soon.
ow likely questions. what are they?
I think you have to analyse both the options and then select the best one and do the business plan for that. And as far as I know, the business plan should have the marketing, HR and finance plan...and the other common things like the vision, mission, objectives and all that....
The tool kit is still under preparation. So you need to wait till somemore time
These are some of the unit 1 questions which our teacher gave us. Will post more as soon as i finish typing them here. References to the case are in the bracket.
• What constitutes Private and Public Sectors? And where does TESCO PLC fall under and its implications?
• What could be the benefits enjoyed by an organization like TESCO PLC being private sector organization?
• What is the likely economic system of UK economy and its implication for a company like TESCO-line 5 and 8
• Implication for TESCO PLC due to its MNC operations-line 19 and 25
• Analyze the factors which TESCO PLC may have to consider in deciding the location of opening new stores? E.g. Customer convenience, take as a company responsibility.
• Usefulness of sole-trader ship for the local shops (line 2-3)
• Implications for TESCO PLC of its flotation’s on the stock exchange (line 14 and 15)
• Think about each of the activities of TESCO PLC and identify the conflicts that might arise.
• What is the competitive structure of the grocery Industry? oligopoly
• Evaluate the practical implications of the above structure for TESCO PLC? (line 5, 8 and 9)
• Why would objectives be of importance in setting business strategies?
• What role do objectives play in measuring TESCO PLC’ performance?
• With reference to the cheaper workforce of Bangladesh, in terms of the clothing industry, what extent a company like TESCO PLC should be accountable as part of these ethical auditing? (line 5-10)
• Importance of vision and mission for TESCO PLC. (line 25)
• Importance of value statements for TESCO PLC (line 26, 27)
• Importance of growth as an objective for TESCO PLC (line 27, 28, 85,87,88,90)
• To what extent local sourcing policy of TESCO PLC could be beneficial for the company. (line 1-4)
• Importance of market share as an objective for TESCO (appendix 1)
• Define the term social corporate responsibility and explain the way in which TESCO is performing social responsibility (line 98-113)
• Why would profits be important to TESCO PLC?
• Why should profit not be the sole objective of any organization like TESCO PLC?
• Describe the various conflicts that might arise between the stakeholders of TESCO PLC?
• Assess the implications for the stakeholders due to high bargaining power of the supermarket (line 11 to 13)
•Explain these stakeholders role;
Suppliers (line 13, appendix 2)
Competitors (line 5 and 10)
Governments (line 11 and 12)
Employees (line 5-12)
Pressure groups (line 122)
Customer (line 123 and 125)
• How would you classify demand in terms of elasticity for TESCO PLC? Why wouldn’t your classification be the opposite of what you’ve stated?
• What would happen to TESCO PLC, if there is a sudden increase in demand of their products?
• Implications of high spending power of a market like US or the business operation of TESCO PLC (line 95-97)