EDEXCEL BUSINESS STUDIES CASE STUDY JUNE 2009 - UNIT 6 (Driven to the crossroads) Watch

zazzler
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by arabianleo)
what type of structure you looking for in unit 5? the usual questions asks that you evaluate n comment on the options given in the case study n choose the best one..
an answer structure for Mohd.
strai8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Give me time. I will soon post an evaluation of Unit 6 case study soon.
arabianleo
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by zazzler)
an answer structure for Mohd.

um the only structure i have is the one you posted up for me. our teacher hasn't really given us a structure, nor has he explained properly. but if get another structure method then ill b sure to tell you guys OK.
Sweet_sahara
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by zazzler)
sure.. first i will be gettin it someday this week.. dunno wen exactly.. if u guys can wait, then sure i will mail.
Hi zazzler...
Can u pls email me the unit 6 toolkit too??
Thank u.. here's my email address:
[email protected]

Thanks alot

oh btw, are u going to appear in unit 4 and unit 5 exam this june 2009? i'll be submitting the coursework of unit 5 by this May 1st.
Pls help with unit 6, it's a lil confusing.. the tool kit will be of a great help.

Thank you in anticipation.
zazzler
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i havent got it yet will tell u guys asap i get it k? then u can give me ur mail addresses.. but i do have some likely questions for unit 1 2 and 3.
arabianleo
Report 9 years ago
ow likely questions. what are they?
zazzler
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ow likely questions. what are they?
its alot actually. pm me ur email add if ur interested.. will mail it t u then.
eman25
Report 9 years ago
please email me the toolkit! Cheers [email protected]
Sweet_sahara
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sweet_sahara)
Hi zazzler...
Can u pls email me the unit 6 toolkit too??
Thank u.. here's my email address:
[email protected]

Thanks alot

oh btw, are u going to appear in unit 4 and unit 5 exam this june 2009? i'll be submitting the coursework of unit 5 by this May 1st.
Pls help with unit 6, it's a lil confusing.. the tool kit will be of a great help.

Thank you in anticipation.
Pls help!
nipzi
Report 9 years ago
I think you have to analyse both the options and then select the best one and do the business plan for that. And as far as I know, the business plan should have the marketing, HR and finance plan...and the other common things like the vision, mission, objectives and all that....
zazzler
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sweet_sahara)
Pls help!
Hey.. i am goin to get a printed tool kit so its impossible to mail u guys. =(
as for the questions, i will mail those who asked for it. =)
goodluck all!
strai8
Rep:
?
The tool kit is still under preparation. So you need to wait till somemore time
lenzzzzzz
Report 9 years ago
if someone could please email me the toolkit i would really appreciate it coz it's really hard for us to get a hold of one here in africa

my email is:
[email protected]

thanks!!!
zazzler
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
These are some of the unit 1 questions which our teacher gave us. Will post more as soon as i finish typing them here. References to the case are in the bracket.

• What constitutes Private and Public Sectors? And where does TESCO PLC fall under and its implications?
• What could be the benefits enjoyed by an organization like TESCO PLC being private sector organization?
• What is the likely economic system of UK economy and its implication for a company like TESCO-line 5 and 8
• Implication for TESCO PLC due to its MNC operations-line 19 and 25
• Analyze the factors which TESCO PLC may have to consider in deciding the location of opening new stores? E.g. Customer convenience, take as a company responsibility.
• Usefulness of sole-trader ship for the local shops (line 2-3)
• Implications for TESCO PLC of its flotation’s on the stock exchange (line 14 and 15)
• Think about each of the activities of TESCO PLC and identify the conflicts that might arise.
• What is the competitive structure of the grocery Industry? oligopoly
• Evaluate the practical implications of the above structure for TESCO PLC? (line 5, 8 and 9)
• Why would objectives be of importance in setting business strategies?
• What role do objectives play in measuring TESCO PLC’ performance?
• With reference to the cheaper workforce of Bangladesh, in terms of the clothing industry, what extent a company like TESCO PLC should be accountable as part of these ethical auditing? (line 5-10)
• Importance of vision and mission for TESCO PLC. (line 25)
• Importance of value statements for TESCO PLC (line 26, 27)
• Importance of growth as an objective for TESCO PLC (line 27, 28, 85,87,88,90)
• To what extent local sourcing policy of TESCO PLC could be beneficial for the company. (line 1-4)
• Importance of market share as an objective for TESCO (appendix 1)
• Define the term social corporate responsibility and explain the way in which TESCO is performing social responsibility (line 98-113)
• Why would profits be important to TESCO PLC?
• Why should profit not be the sole objective of any organization like TESCO PLC?
• Describe the various conflicts that might arise between the stakeholders of TESCO PLC?
• Assess the implications for the stakeholders due to high bargaining power of the supermarket (line 11 to 13)
•Explain these stakeholders role;
Suppliers (line 13, appendix 2)
Competitors (line 5 and 10)
Governments (line 11 and 12)
Employees (line 5-12)
Pressure groups (line 122)
Customer (line 123 and 125)
• How would you classify demand in terms of elasticity for TESCO PLC? Why wouldn’t your classification be the opposite of what you’ve stated?
• What would happen to TESCO PLC, if there is a sudden increase in demand of their products?
• Implications of high spending power of a market like US or the business operation of TESCO PLC (line 95-97)
Adegboye3
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by strai8)
Give me time. I will soon post an evaluation of Unit 6 case study soon.
wod u please post 1 of the evaluation to me too?

[email protected]
strai8
Rep:
?
what type of structure you looking for in unit 5? the usual questions asks that you evaluate n comment on the options given in the case study n choose the best one..
I think it would be good to discuss about Unit 5 in a separate thread.
strai8
Rep:
?
There is a new thread for discussing Unit 5 Business planning. I have even posted a sample Business plan there.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post17966562
yenyuin
Report 9 years ago
Wow this thread is useful. For those who want to have the toolkit, you guys have to wait because tutor2u itself have not published it out yet and I think it'll be better for STRAI8 to post it up here instead of sending it one by one to everybody, save energy and time. So please stop sending request with your email on it, kinda flooding the thread, or just msg him privately.

Btw, he said he's going to get hard copy for the toolkit, not soft copy, so I guess it ll be hard to get the toolkit from him guys.

Anyway I m taking all the units this June. And I do not know how to revise for Unit 6. Just like most of you here, my lecturer isn't helping much so i hope this thread will be helping me
lenzzzzzz
Report 9 years ago
yeah, maybe posting the toolkit on here would be better and easier hehe

for unit 6 jus gona follow syllabus and study all the different topics from the text book. anyone have any better ideas...if so please help, coz i'm also not too sure bout unit 6.
beney
Report 9 years ago
can some one please email me the toolkit for unit 1,2,3 and 6

My email is .... [email protected]

i will be very much appriciated

thank you
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?