Ethnicities that you attract? Watch

Poll: Which ethnicity of men/women would you say you receive most flirtatious attention off
Arab (38)
8.35%
Persian (20)
4.4%
Subcontinental (11)
2.42%
Northern European (57)
12.53%
Eastern European (29)
6.37%
Southern European (33)
7.25%
Japanese (17)
3.74%
Korean (16)
3.52%
Chinese (38)
8.35%
South-East Asian (37)
8.13%
North African (25)
5.49%
sub-Saharan African (32)
7.03%
Latino/a (Central and South American) (25)
5.49%
Aboriginal peopls & Pacific Islanders (14)
3.08%
Those of mixed ethnicity (35)
7.69%
Other ethnicities not included in the above classification (28)
6.15%
zeb191
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Barry Chuckle)
I don't attract anyone.
=D
EmK_89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well i'd say english and irish, but thats coz i live in liverpool! overall i think Europeans in general. dont know why. maybe they are like that with all girls. American guys are pretty forward with things aswell.
xps.systems
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hmm...some people think that people tend to be attracted almost always to people of their own ethnicity above others.

But I've never had anyone of my (albeit mixed) ethnicity ask me out/flirt with me before so I'm not sure if the above is true...

Opinionés, por favor?
epitaph for my heart
Report 9 years ago
southern european girls and chinese/arabian men - it is ridiculous, like every other viable member of these groups that I talk to makes a pass! still it is all probably coincidence.. I think the Chinese/Arabians probably like that I have very typical English features which they might have seen in movies or whatever, and that might have factored into their desire to be over here, so I see a disproporionate amount of people from these cultures interested in that look. for Italians/Spanish I think it's just that I look a bit Italian, but with some nice english features thrown in
whitepearlbaby
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Polish and Turkish guys and very old men And mentally ill people

Wow that's sad.
Mimbobanage
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Quite a few Indians/Pakistanis usually unfortunately since I'm just not attracted to them, then probably I dunno other European types and possibly equal number of white guys which I don't mind my bf is white. Um very very little oriental attention unfortunately since they're the group I'm attracted to most.

I'm half Indian/Burmese btw
T.A
Report 9 years ago
I think latina's are thee best!!! :yep:

I get a lot of attention from white and black girls, but never asians, even though im asian myself :confused:
Halle Burton
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by whitepearlbaby)
Polish and Turkish guys and very old men And mentally ill people

Wow that's sad.

well, at least you have a choice.
Jazmine
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Could be something to do with culture? S'what I always thought, some races are typically more introverted than others, etc..
olive*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I get it from all the Middle Easterns, Black, Indians, Pakistani's, Polish, Afghans. Sometimes white too, but mostly the first lot.
i-Citizen
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hmmm I have quite a few target audiences as below in order lol

1. South Asian (indian) - Im mixed with Scottish and South Asian blood anyway so maybe thats why...

2. Eastern European - for some reason they love me, I do look quite Turkish and Kosovan type so maybe thats why lol

3. British, Arab and Latinos - All varies but there was this one latino girl in my college on friday afternoon who couldnt stop looking at me in the cafe, and suddenly stopped eating and her mate was like "you've stopped eating cos of him". That made me feel good :yes: I was playing hard to get, so I ignored her and walked off lol

BUT I never get any attention from Black people or Chinese :confused: why...
MaryKay
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
All of them, I don't mind

I don't have a preference for any particular ethnic group.
undisclosed?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How are you girls attracting mostly Asian guys?! I'm South Asian myself, but I mostly get attention from White guys (a group that I don't mind) and Black/Mixed Race guys (a group that I don't feel attracted to at all). I want more South Asian guys! :mad:

The only ethnic group I don't get any attention from are Oriental guys... I think I may actually be invisible to them.
same:sad: maybe they just go for cute, stylish oriental girls (well thats what i've noticed anyway)
SuperStaah
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I mainly get attention from South Asians and Arabs. Lately, black guys as well, for some reason. Also, a few white guys.
Never from Oriental guys, though.
Anonymous #4
Report 9 years ago
:o:
(Original post by xps.systems)
Haha, apologies for the controversial title but I have 2 hours spare now just before I head off to work.

I guess this question is only really going to apply to people who have experience living in a metropolis or travelling internationally.

For example, if you've spent most of your life in the Outer Hebrides or in the deserts of Al-Hijaz or Al-Nejd then you may not have come across people of more than one ethnicity on more than 5 occasions.

Basically, for those who've had sufficient 'exposure' - which ethnicities of men/women would you say you're more likely to attract?

And do you think there might be reasons why this is the case?

Or merely coincidental?

Do you think most people's evidence is coincidental or symptomatic of trends for certain preferences with respect to say earning power/body mass index/educational qualification level/hair colour/industry sector etc. amongst people of certain ethnicities.

I've lived in London since Oct 2007 and before that I wasn't exposed to people of that many ethnicities.

Because of my schedule I haven't been out to a club/pub since August 2008.

But in the intervening period between those two dates I'd say that I received most female attention (I'm male) from women of sub-saharan African ethnicity. I'd say I received very little and almost zero (if not zero) attention from women of other ethnicities.

I'd say that I frequented a range of 'socializing arenas' between Oct 07 and Aug 08 - such as large clubs, halls and large pubs such as Wetherspoons.

I understand that if you go to certain places then obviously you stand higher probabilities of meeting individuals of certain ethnicities:

e.g. You may have a higher than average chance of meeting an Arab lady in a Shisha café, or a higher than average probability of meeting a Scottish lady if you visit a Scottish pub.

I'd say in terms of female attention that I have received with respect to ethnicity it would rank as follows:

1. sub-Saharan African
2. southern European
3. Chinese
4. non-existent interest: Arab, Persian, Subcontinental, Japanese, South-East Asian, north African, northern European, Eastern European, Latina
5. don't think I have come across: Amerindian, Australian Aboriginal, Pacific Islander.

Your opinions, verdicts, anecdotes and experiences are very welcome!

You say you recieve a lot of attention from sub-Saharan Africans and southern European females. However I read on another thread you said you won't date because it gets in the way of your studies. Would you not even consider dating the girl if you really liked her?
xps.systems
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
:o:

You say you recieve a lot of attention from sub-Saharan Africans and southern European females. However I read on another thread you said you won't date because it gets in the way of your studies. Would you not even consider dating the girl if you really liked her?
Yeh, I get v. busy because I work full-time (evenings) and study full-time too so most of my socializing is online! I haven't been out for a long time anyway! Maybe in future...

squish.
superman Zog
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I usually get no I attention from anyone. But the only girls that are interest in me are usually oriental women.
inaya_maryam
Report 9 years ago
errrrrmmmmmm im asian and all ethnic backgorunds attract me whether there pink yellow blue or all the colours in the rainbow dnt have a specific on lol
TowerBlock
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
no south asian option? [not related to my prefrence but towards an unrepresntative poll] unless u meant south asian when typing south east asian [which i thought was more thailand, indonesia, malaysia, philippines etc]

also need "ALL" option :yep:
xps.systems
Rep:
?
(Original post by TowerBlock)
no south asian option? [not related to my prefrence but towards an unrepresntative poll] unless u meant south asian when typing south east asian [which i thought was more thailand, indonesia, malaysia, philippines etc]

also need "ALL" option :yep:
South Asian is covered by the 'Subcontinental' label.

squish.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (142)
27.36%
No (377)
72.64%

Watched Threads