dude... will they ever invent "hyperspace" travel like in star wars Watch

Meteorshower
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DealerG)
If it starts are the speed of light, then it's mass is practically infinity so it would just travel straight on forever and a force of infinity will be needed to stop it :rolleyes:
Why stop :cool:
logic123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can tell you for certain when i do my PHD at university for physics, im going to work on proving that we can travel faster than the speed of light. I believe we can, and we will. Einsteins theory of relativity wont stop me tbh.
teachercol
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The thing is - you cant just do whatever you want for a PhD. Its funded and that means that someoneie a Prof in the uni has to submit a proposal that is agreed.

To put it another way, no university would ever waste money on this.
Vokes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Agreed you would need one damn strong arguement backed up by alot of very advanced scientific arguement and probably even to the point of priliminary evidence for you proposal to not end up in the bin after reading the first line.

Even if you look at Einstein's early papers they weren't call "Why Netwon Is Wrong" they are papers on standard accepted physics that once read force you to accept that Newtons laws aren't the be all and end all.

In any case point made I think lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1114)
78.9%
Leave (298)
21.1%

Watched Threads