Turn on thread page Beta

ladies what would you do if... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Not Invented Yet)
    I'd slap him back. If it was really out of character for him and I was sure he wouldn't do it again, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt - but if he ever looked like doing it again I'd be gone.
    N I Y = Totally Right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnowAngel)
    Punch him in the face and then get on top of him and beat the crap out of him.
    Yeah, very enlightened of you. Light slap...beating the crap hmm who would really be the problem.

I do love the way that it is generally considered OK for a girl to slap a guy if he offends them or steps over the line a bit, but when a man does it is horrible.

I cant remember the study, but it was proven that violence committed by women was seen as far less serious than exactly the same acts committed by men.

ReputationRep:
    I'd hit him back. No man has the right to hit a woman. Ever.
    Why does he think hitting a woman is gonna make her go "you're right, I was in the wrong and I'm sorry" during an argument?

The fact that he's your 'first love' and its your 'first argument' shouldn't come into it, except as major warning bells that he could potentially do it again. And harder.

No first relationship should be like that. I'd walk away. It'd be hard, but I'd have to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness and Mist)
    I do love the way that it is generally considered OK for a girl to slap a guy if he offends them or steps over the line a bit, but when a man does it is horrible.

I cant remember the study, but it was proven that violence committed by women was seen as far less serious than exactly the same acts committed by men.
    This. Hitting you was very wrong. But it is bad how women can do it to men and nothing is said.

ReputationRep:
    Give him beatings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness and Mist)
    Yeah, very enlightened of you. Light slap...beating the crap hmm who would really be the problem.

Don't worry. I'm working through my anger in therapy :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'd have slapped him back . . . harder!

hitting you was wrong.
    dont hit back.
    just walk away.
    he wont feel as guilty if you hit him back.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd be that pissed or think it was wrong - it would mostly depend on his later reactioin tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I would cry and then break up with them.

ReputationRep:
    i wonder how many of you saying 'break up with him' would slap your boyfriend in a heated moment and expect instant forgiveness

ReputationRep:
    so it's alright for a girl to smack me and expect me to be with her?

ReputationRep:
    walk away

ReputationRep:
    I would leave. The trust would just be gone
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If it had been before Tom I'd say "I'm outta here". Now, I don't know.

I'd look at him and walk out of the room and curl up on the bed. When he came to apologise (about one second after) I'd tell him not to touch me (pretty usual, when I'm depressed I do that) and just look at him, either with tears in my eyes or just a sort of questioning, non-understanding look

As long as I knew he was truly sorry, and maybe a little guilty () I'd accept it.

ReputationRep:
    I would leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnowAngel)
    Don't worry. I'm working through my anger in therapy :yep:

I am glad :woo: as long as you are trying to better yourself:p:

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on what the reason behind the hit was and how the reaction after it was. I probably wouldn't let him touch me for quite a while and he would have to earn my forgiveness somehow. But I doubt I would just walk away from the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Fall out with him then probably accept his apology and forget all about it about 20mins later.

Jus' being honest!:redface:

ReputationRep:
    If a guy can't control his anger and resorts to hitting a girl, he's not worth it. I don't care how light the hit was.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2009
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.