The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not Invented Yet
I'd slap him back. If it was really out of character for him and I was sure he wouldn't do it again, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt - but if he ever looked like doing it again I'd be gone.

N I Y = Totally Right
SnowAngel
Punch him in the face and then get on top of him and beat the crap out of him.

Yeah, very enlightened of you. Light slap...beating the crap hmm who would really be the problem.

I do love the way that it is generally considered OK for a girl to slap a guy if he offends them or steps over the line a bit, but when a man does it is horrible.

I cant remember the study, but it was proven that violence committed by women was seen as far less serious than exactly the same acts committed by men.
Reply 22
I'd hit him back. No man has the right to hit a woman. Ever.
Why does he think hitting a woman is gonna make her go "you're right, I was in the wrong and I'm sorry" during an argument?

The fact that he's your 'first love' and its your 'first argument' shouldn't come into it, except as major warning bells that he could potentially do it again. And harder.

No first relationship should be like that. I'd walk away. It'd be hard, but I'd have to.
Reply 23
Darkness and Mist
I do love the way that it is generally considered OK for a girl to slap a guy if he offends them or steps over the line a bit, but when a man does it is horrible.

I cant remember the study, but it was proven that violence committed by women was seen as far less serious than exactly the same acts committed by men.

This. Hitting you was very wrong. But it is bad how women can do it to men and nothing is said.
Reply 24
Give him beatings.
Reply 25
Darkness and Mist
Yeah, very enlightened of you. Light slap...beating the crap hmm who would really be the problem.

Don't worry. I'm working through my anger in therapy :yep:
Reply 26
I'd have slapped him back . . . harder! :smile:
hitting you was wrong.
dont hit back.
just walk away.
he wont feel as guilty if you hit him back.
Reply 28
I don't think I'd be that pissed or think it was wrong - it would mostly depend on his later reactioin tbh.
I would cry and then break up with them.
Reply 30
i wonder how many of you saying 'break up with him' would slap your boyfriend in a heated moment and expect instant forgiveness
Reply 31
so it's alright for a girl to smack me and expect me to be with her?
Reply 32
walk away
I would leave. The trust would just be gone :frown:
If it had been before Tom I'd say "I'm outta here". Now, I don't know.

I'd look at him and walk out of the room and curl up on the bed. When he came to apologise (about one second after) I'd tell him not to touch me (pretty usual, when I'm depressed I do that) and just look at him, either with tears in my eyes or just a sort of questioning, non-understanding look

As long as I knew he was truly sorry, and maybe a little guilty (:wink:) I'd accept it.
I would leave.
SnowAngel
Don't worry. I'm working through my anger in therapy :yep:

I am glad :woo: as long as you are trying to better yourself:p:
It really depends on what the reason behind the hit was and how the reaction after it was. I probably wouldn't let him touch me for quite a while and he would have to earn my forgiveness somehow. But I doubt I would just walk away from the relationship.
Fall out with him then probably accept his apology and forget all about it about 20mins later.

Jus' being honest!:redface:
If a guy can't control his anger and resorts to hitting a girl, he's not worth it. I don't care how light the hit was.

Latest

Trending

Trending