Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azhao)
    I've tried studying outside but either the wind blows your notes away and its too cold or you melt and go blind from the sun reflecting off white paper. Its just something uni prospectuses do to convince you to go.
    Yeah, i cant think properly when my head heats up lol. There are too many distractions in the way of noise as well...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well I spent the first 3-4 weeks of last year's summer term on the lawns by the lake with books. Whether I was studying or not depends on who you ask...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LearningMath)
    Yes, the many varieties of grass are an issue.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    We do this at school in the summer. It always ends in a water fight! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, doesn't work. As you say, Uni prospectus myth.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've sat on the grass and chatted but studying? No.

ReputationRep:
    It's never as comfortable as it looks. The wind blows your pages over, you have nothing to lean on, you hair blows in your face and you let go of your page to sweep it out and your page gets blown over again, then some **** hits you with a football.

ReputationRep:
    lol this reminds me of a few days ago when at 6th form we decided to sit on this nice looking sort of slope of grass with pretty flowers and trees surrounding. And then we decided to take the piss out of uni prospectuses and pretend to write on our notepads and then took pictures with us like rolling down the slope .

I have tried to to that though but its either too cold and the grass is damp. Or too bright and the white paper reflects light.

ReputationRep:
    I sit on the grass in a wise passiveness.

ReputationRep:
    I read on the grass - whether it be a book, notes, revision guides etc. There's nothing better when it's sunny. But it's difficult to study per se.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    lol this reminds me of a few days ago when at 6th form we decided to sit on this nice looking sort of slope of grass with pretty flowers and trees surrounding. And then we decided to take the piss out of uni prospectuses and pretend to write on our notepads and then took pictures with us like rolling down the slope .

I have tried to to that though but its either too cold and the grass is damp. Or too bright and the white paper reflects light.

You're meant to appear overjoyed at the fact that you are studying outside, on the grass with other STUDENTS!

I do like your 'rolling down the slope' angle however. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    No for a few reasons. Most of the study months aren't warm. Grass is normally damp. When it's sunny it makes looking at white pages hurt. It's bloody uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    It's not physically possible to study AND sit on the grass for more than about half an hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTard)
    I have hayfever so it kinda sucks for me, i usually end up sitting there weeping and sneezing lol
    my friends love it though
    I know how u feel I spend 5mins on the grass and my eyes look like tennis balls hahahah

ReputationRep:
    We sit on the grass all the time in summer cos our campus is beautiful. There's a huge patch of grass right outside my halls and it can get pretty filled with people playing footy/frizbee/drinking/sunbathing

ReputationRep:
    Unis are hardly going to say "Expansive green area for students to sit in the grass and get high", tbf. I see no point in studying outside...

ReputationRep:
    I don't because bugs are everywhere and I don't like bugs. Plus everyone ends up mucking about and it gets too noisy to study. I perfer to studying indoors with my window open and the sun shining through!

ReputationRep:
    Yep. My college has this beautiful court yard and theres like grass and logs on the floor. I love sitting there and relaxing. I have sat there trying to memorise words, it's good.

But not in the summer. I have hay fever:grumble:

ReputationRep:
    nah studying on the grass always cause sex...so no

ReputationRep:
    I spent 3 hours on the grass on friday by myself. I was either reading or writing in my creative writing journal. But I was just reading the paper at one point. And i got a lot of strange looks.

I'd do it again though, beats sitting in the library doing the same things.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.