Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Dude)
    how can you say that red dwarf is childish. they created some of the best games in the world. Like "Guess whos body bit is sticking out of the hole" and "Durecks Vollyball"
    LOL...... <sigh>

it's still childish

ReputationRep:
    Red Dwarf has been the bain of my existance, as my surname is the same as the name of one of the characters. Most people seem to find it hilarious, I'm yet to see the comedy value

Very funny show though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    Red Dwarf has been the bane of my existance, as my surname is the same as the name of one of the characters.
    What is it?

ReputationRep:
    I'd never voluntarily tell anyone that

ReputationRep:
    I'd never voluntarily tell anyone that
    Not even if I asked nicely?

Red Dwarf has been the bain of my existance, as my surname is the same as the name of one of the characters. Most people seem to find it hilarious, I'm yet to see the comedy value

Very funny show though
    It's like a Star Trek spoof

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Not even if I asked nicely?
    Maybe but still unlikely :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    what are your opinions. i reckon it's one of the funnyest shows created.
    Yes i've seen Red Dwarf before it is a good programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Red Dwarf is all right, I suppose - but Father Ted is better.
    Mr White shows taste shocker.

ReputationRep:
    I dont actually find Red Dwarf funny.

ReputationRep:
    Red Dwarf was funny I saw a couple of them

ReputationRep:
    i've seen every one.

i've got series 1,2,3 on tape. and i'm getting the rest on DVD.

ReputationRep:
    Red Dwarf and Father Ted are both funny, but the funniest comedy has to be Blackadder

ReputationRep:
    Righto, am a bit late for the Red Dwarf thread I know, but the show really was excellent. When I saw this, my thoughts drifted back to early last year when they played a Red Dwarf marathon. It was brilliant. Somehow I managed to watch every episode, and still get to work and sleep a bit throughout the week. Such is the power of Red Dwarf.

SMEG.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Righto, am a bit late for the Red Dwarf thread I know, but the show really was excellent. When I saw this, my thoughts drifted back to early last year when they played a Red Dwarf marathon. It was brilliant. Somehow I managed to watch every episode, and still get to work and sleep a bit throughout the week. Such is the power of Red Dwarf.

SMEG.
    when did they do that. the only thing i remember is the Red Dwarf night on BBC 2, where they did things like veiwers fav episode and red dwarf unversicity callange.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhhh Red Dwarf!
    Prime example of our british humour, and a kick ass show

What i loved about the initial shows was their shoe string budget. It just worked so well. Whereas the more polished versions later on looked to....professional, grown up. Like they were trying to be better than their beginnings. Did work as well alas :-/

Brilliant show though, up there with Monty Python :]

ReputationRep:
    What a show. I mean, wow!
    Sci-fi with a sense of humour is always good.

ReputationRep:
    as i (and other people) have said, what made the show so good was the fact that they had a low budget. the effects were crap and thats what made it funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    as i (and other people) have said, what made the show so good was the fact that they had a low budget. the effects were crap and thats what made it funny.
    You cant just say that was the only reason it was funny.
    It had great characters, and hilarious dialogue.
    Its a shame they haven't made any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    You cant just say that was the only reason it was funny.
    It had great characters, and hilarious dialogue.
    Its a shame they haven't made any more.
    i no that there were other things that made it funny. i'm just saying the effects really made me laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what do u mean. they made it upto Series 8 and are currently doing the Film. (which they have been filming for 5 years now)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.