Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMed)
    Only good if their gonna mark your strongest questions, we got told at Uni that if we did more questions then they'd mark the first three (or however many they told us to do) and strikethrough the rest

yep, they have to mark all your questions. otherwise id spend the time looking over the questions asked.

ReputationRep:
    sleep if i can

though an invigulator tapped me on the shoulder once cause aparently i grind my teeth and talk alot in my sleep and nrly fell off my chair lol (this was after an hr of the exam....it was ment to be 2 and a half hrs with 2 essays) but for some reason i managed to do them both quickly and check them over.

at exams im either finishing rediculusly early and then either start talking to myself without realising it or falling asleep and then start talking/grinding teeth/snoring/ moving vigoursly on chair (aparently this has given students some amusement at exam time) or im one of those people that is rushing to finish writing down to the last second...

a happy medium doesnt apply to me lol

ReputationRep:
    Quite the opposite, I always seem to be rushing at the end! Time management argh!

ReputationRep:
    ugh I have a maths exam in like, 3 hours....I hate doing the 1st one because your always so nervous

ReputationRep:
    For none of my GCSE/A Level exams are we allowed to leave early, what are thr ules for this or does it depend upon the school?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ticktock_xx)
    For none of my GCSE/A Level exams are we allowed to leave early, what are thr ules for this or does it depend upon the school?
    I think that there are exam board rules regarding how early you can leave to ensure that everyone else has started by the time you do so. But apart from that, yes, it depends on the school; we weren't allowed to leave early either.

ReputationRep:
    I finished my Chinese reading early, and they let me go early because I was the only one doing it so there was no point in keeping me for another 30 mins.

ReputationRep:
    Finished my 2 and a half hour GCSE statistics exam with 40 mins to spare! It was my last exam so I just sat there planning my evening with my bf and thinking about plans for the summer.
    OR do kegel exercises. Fun.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes happens to me - especially in long exams. But remember if you found an exam easy you could be likely to have seen over an easy mark. That has happened to me quite a lot of times! For me that has been the difference between a B and an A, and an A and an A*! Otherwise sleep on your desk. The examiner lady at our school told us to that haha.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, after having done 5 exams, I now have developed little things to keep me busy:
    Staring competitions with the invigilator (he kinda got creeped out, bless)
    Counting all the bricks on a wall (465!!!!)
    Re-reading the paper backwards
    When I had a calculator, I just kept on squaring 2.
    Lol, the chemistry one was so easy, mostly everyone had finished after half on hour, then they kinda realised and let us go.

Weird, the invigilators letting us doing that more recently, maybe he doesn't wanna be bored too, lol. He kinda scratched his balls infront of everyone in the hall :eyeroll: Where do these people come from?!

ReputationRep:
    During the standard grades, the only paper I haven't finished early was the credit history yesterday. I remember at the prelims, the computing credit was an hour and 45 minutes paper and I had finished in 30 minutes.

My things to do are seeing what number needs to multiply by another to give a 100 and balancing stationairy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I only had like 20 minutes after the History credit too.

The Chemistry one was just silly.

ReputationRep:
    Ooohhh, last year. MCQ, 45min paper, finished after 15min so spent 30min debating between two answers... ended up blindly picking one. Did well though :rofl:

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.