Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lebanon85)
    What a moronic thread. Of course some girls can know about football but I don't give a crap either way if they don't. The game doesn't interest me at all but there are two sports I play and follow which DO. Frankly, no one gives a toss about you being a girl and showing off your knowledge, it's not exactly rare anyway it's a popular game you know - those you might meet who are super impressed by it are probably patronising to be honest.

I would say though that schools should let girls and boys play whatever sports they want rather than shoving girls into netball because that really is a lame sport........... not terribly lucrative either.
    hey i wasnt trying to show off, i was only interested to see what guys think about girls and football. thats all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris#1)
    Football girls scare me...they always seem to shout really loudly and violently, lots of swearing. It's fine for a man to do it because it's male orientated banter, but I find it really unattractive on girls. Having said this, a girlfriend who can tolerate/mildly like football is a brucie bonus.

/sexist generalisations
    I'm the opposite... I just sit there and clap slightly along and then squeal a few times. Not that emirates is the rowdiest of stadiums...
    I def know what you mean though.

But I can see what you mean about finding it unattractive, which sucks a bit :|
    It's nice though when your out and meet a guy who supports the same team, gets convo going And gets banter going when they support spurs lol

ReputationRep:
    Girls have a certain way of talking about football which belies their knowledge.

I can't even explain it. They could be making a perfectly valid point but the way they say it just isn't right.

ReputationRep:
    There are usually loads of girls at football matches. Fit ones too :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    There are usually loads of girls at football matches. Fit ones too :hubba:
    Dykes :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    It is true, guys think we know nothing. I'll admit I don't know much, but they're surprised to know I have been quite a few football matches and actually support a team! Some lads are a fair bit sad though, I don't understand how they know the name of every footballer in every team....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shabooyah_!)
    It is true, guys think we know nothing. I'll admit I don't know much, but they're surprised to know I have been quite a few football matches and actually support a team! Some lads are a fair bit sad though, I don't understand how they know the name of every footballer in every team....

I dunno, thats kind of as much as a generalisation as saying we don't know much about football... some guys know that some girls know about football as can be seen in this thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v-zero)
    Do you play much FM? End of.
    I do...and I've played the series since Championship Manager 2, nearly 15 years ago.

(Original post by nexttime)
    Girls who know a lot about football are scary :sadnod: .
    :sad:

I did, however, used to think that it was possible for some girls to play football well. How wrong i was :p: .
    Watch the Arsenal Ladies and you'll see how wrong you are

They even stopped to apologise to people after a tackle no matter where the ball was, or if someone was hit by the ball... . Man up ffs!
    Marouane Fellaini, is that you?

(Original post by Mastermind`)
    There's some girls who are impressive with their football knowledge. The TSR Academy of Football has produced talents such as Throwback, Dalimyr, tropical-twist3 (she only knows about Aston Villa though), and a few otjers. Look around the football forum. :yep:
    :cute:

(Original post by neverumind)
    Please explain the offside rule and I don't want any googled answers. :p:
    The old one, or the new one which even half of the professionals in the game don't entirely understand? (Radhi Jaïdi springs to mind as someone who blatantly abused the confusion over the new rules. I haven't seen any shenanigans from him in Championship highlights I've seen this season, but he was an utter **** last season during free kicks)

ReputationRep:
    Dad used to take me to Chelsea matches when I was very ickle. I even had Chelsea pyjamas! Lol. They dont fit me any more. I was always the one to drag my ex boyfriend to the pub to watch a match with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    I do...and I've played the series since Championship Manager 2, nearly 15 years ago.
    Those were the days...

ReputationRep:
    ive played, watched and enjoyed supporting football since i was about 10, and that was in regional australia! Football is the thing i talk and think about the most. And I know lots of girls who I can talk about football to, and we join in the conversations with lads aswell. After watching Man U v Everton at the pub a few month back (one of my housemates is a blue) we got into a big north west theme arguement with some lads from Manchester, and they couldn't believe how much we knew considering we were 'just some girls'
    Yes, there are lots of girls who dont even know a thing bout footy, but you know what? I know a few guys born and raised in England and they cant tell me anything about it either...

And for the record, girls can play pretty reasonable football. The leagues in some countries, such as the USA, have been known to sell out stadiums that are usually just for the men. The fact that women are natually not as fast or skilled as men, not so naturally accustomed to sport and exercise, causes many to just consider girls crap at anything to do with football. No, the best womens football is not anywhere near as good as mens, but if one only needs to watch a few games from a womens world cup finals to find that some games can be quite quick and entertaining, and some players pretty awesome to watch...

ReputationRep:
    I know nothing about football. Well, I lie. I know you kick the ball in the net and then you get a point and that you can't touch it with your hands unless you are a goalie.

Other than that, nada.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Most girl's I've come across that say they know football no F*** all IMO.
    Precisely! It's always painful speaking to them because you know they are clueless. It's even worse when they try to impress you and bring out all the generic stuff people say about your club about what and who needs changing which is usually complete ********, although plenty of male 'fans' also do this.
    Spoke to some girl the other week saying how she'd been at the Emirates when we lost 2-1 (We lost 2-0) to Villa this season, I mean wtf?
    That doesnt go for all girls though, have met one who really knew her stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Precisely! It's always painful speaking to them because you know they are clueless. It's even worse when they try to impress you and bring out all the generic stuff people say about your club about what and who needs changing which is usually complete ********, although plenty of male 'fans' also do this.
    Spoke to some girl the other week saying how she'd been at the Emirates when we lost 2-1 (We lost 2-0) to Villa this season, I mean wtf?

I'm glad you wrote that last sentence.

ReputationRep:
    I know loads about football. Most of my family are avid Liverpool supporters, some like Man Utd & a couple like Arsenal. So I've grown up with it on the telly. I'd say I know quite a lot about the rules and could name loads of players (:

ReputationRep:
    i have a girl mate who is really into it, watches the games etc. we talk about football too and many other sports..she's cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    I hear that, amen to that brother.

ReputationRep:
    Yes :cool: . And some of us can play it much better than guys too :yep:.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, football knowledge is not innate in men! I like football, but in a completely different way to any boys I know. I'm obsessed with tables, league positions, results etc. but not really the actual game. I don't know much about the players and I can't tell whether they're good or not, which means talking about football can be limiting. And I hate fitting into the stereotype but I don't understand the offside rule at all.

ReputationRep:
    It never ceases to amaze me how het up people get over a game.

Why shouldn't girls like football?

It's not rocket science. At this point I will say that I don't know or care all that much about football, mostly because something that makes grown men cry and kill each other can't be good for anyone.

As long as you stay away from people like that then by all means play football, watch it, whatever. You shouldn't need anyone else to tell you what to like or think or do.

Lawl.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.