Guys: Do you actually like girls who take part in lad's banter and dirty jokes? Watch

Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
If guys do find it a bad thing, all the girls I know (and myself) are screwed
Mask Of Sanity
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't see the problem with it. Lighten up killjoys.
thepieofpie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would prefer it if girls didn't, but its not really a big of a deal.
PorcineAviation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Any girl who does would be massively in the friend zone. It would be the male equivalent of girls' gay best friends.

Only attracted to feminine girls.
Vampyrcorn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sometimes girls who do this come accross like they're trying too hard and sucking up to guys by trying to be like them. Those kind of girls can be a bit annoying. But I'm a girl so it's not my opinion you're after. :p:
sam854
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
erm im not 2 sure as a friends sure thats jokes if i was looking at her with should she be my gf eyes, erm not to sure how much id like it? depends on the situation but if its distasteful it could defo put me off.
n0c0ntr0l
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
To be honest it depends on the type of joke. Some banter is cool, but other stuff really is just guy's only. If she can appreciate good banter and provide some of it, it's kinda a turn on for me, but if she is absolutely no different to my guy friends then she'll be friend zoned (unless she's really pretty, in which case she'd just be an even bigger object of desire)
whitepearlbaby
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Vampyrcorn)
Sometimes girls who do this come accross like they're trying too hard and sucking up to guys by trying to be like them. Those kind of girls can be a bit annoying. But I'm a girl so it's not my opinion you're after. :p:
I agree with you :awesome:
Anonymous368
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
love it.
LouLou815
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Some guys like/love it. Others don't. Most of the guys I know like it though and was one of the first reasons my bf liked me when he met me.
noaksey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It would be awesome for a girl to do that, it would just be funny!! too bad a lot of girls don't like that kinda convo tbh
Vampyrcorn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by whitepearlbaby)
I agree with you :awesome:
:five:
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ~conventgirl~)
With boy mates I do all the time, it's just cos i'm open with them and I know where to draw the line and it's what i'm like. I'm a bit more refined with my bf though! That's prolly why girls tend not to like me though lol
Explain.
vintage_007
Report 9 years ago
I do this all the time and never thought of guys having a problem with it!

Most of my friends are male and I don't tend to get on too well with girls, so I'm naturally seen as 'one of the lads' 'cause I'm constantly joining in their dirty jokes and masculine banter!

Never thought this might be the reason I'm single though

Maybe I'll have to try and be girly from now on :/
yoyo462001
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Its a bit weird but nothing wrong with it at all.
rscully
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I love girls that can handle a bit of man chat. I'm not a fan of fart jokes, but a girl that can make a decent 'that's what she said' joke is aces in my book.
Reflexive
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
That's a half lie. I knew a girl like this once. I did want to be more than friends, but I knew we wouldn't last and it would be far better to keep her as a friend for longer. In hindsight shoulda gone for it cause she moved away. She was awesome though.
That sounds like a girl I know at the minute at uni. She is actually very funny, has had me in stitches a few times. Doesn't try too hard either. Quite fancy cus her cus of it but I know it'd be a bad idea..
n0c0ntr0l
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Reflexive)
That sounds like a girl I know at the minute at uni. She is actually very funny, has had me in stitches a few times. Doesn't try too hard either. Quite fancy cus her cus of it but I know it'd be a bad idea..
Crap position to be in. Sorry mate. I hope she falls for you and all goes well.
stephyrose23
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This thread makes me smile because I work in a pub restaurent thing, and I always try and get involved in the jokes all the kitchen boys have.

And I get looked at like I'm scum.

::p:
LadySmythe
Badges: 19
Report 9 years ago
Woot lol

I do to a certain extent but I have a girly side to me too :p:

My bf has admitted hes actually scared of me sometimes because of some things I say
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (427)
37.89%
No - but I will (87)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (76)
6.74%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (537)
47.65%

Watched Threads