The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
blue-ravine
lol i know she is, im bi, but she doens't know

lol get in there !!!!

but honestly...

Whilst I can't speak for every guy and certain men do like their women 'curvy'

I also can't speak for most normal guys because I have a very low threshold for fat/un-toned people

As I said earlier, you actually have a small bone structure... so anything on it [be it muscle/fat] will look more apparent.

however there seems to be very little muscle tone on you because whilst there is size.... there is little shape to go with it.

therefore even if you did some exercise/cleaned up diet a bit and got down a 12-14 you would become more appealing.

and for those reading this - no this isn't an illusion, I'm being nice to an untoned person
Reply 21
everyone could stand to lose a few.
I think while you look 'fine' now, you could look a lot better.

I was a size 16, this time last year. Now I'm an 8/10 and I look and feel so much better. People said I looked 'fine' before, but I knew I didn't feel fine. I wasn't the best I could be.

My advice is, if you want to make the best of yourself, then focus on getting fit, rather than losing weight. Aim to be more healthy - and while you do that, if you lose weight, that's great. But don't feel the need to change because of others. It's about how you feel about yourself.

I could've stayed a size 16, but even if other men found me attractive, I wouldn't have found myself attractive and imo, finding yourself attractive is the most important thing. Be happy with yourself, then start thinking about finding a partner once you're comfortable with how you look and feel.
Adonis

and for those reading this - no this isn't an illusion, I'm being nice to an untoned person

read my mind
This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

D:
Reply 25
enigma373
everyone could stand to lose a few.

what if they are suze 6 and flat as a pancake?

logic fail
Reply 26
The-Real-One
Size 16?!?

What's the next size up... Equator?... :woo: :eek3: :yep:

** Just saw your pics on facebook. You look a lot better than what your dress size suggests. I thought you'd be all like Big Momma's House, but I was wrong. Still lose some more weight and you'll look better.

lol, thanks btw, makes me feel a little better, it's just horrible how weight can make me so upset, and it's mostly everyday that i worry about it. x
Yes, i would say it is.
im a size 16 and have an amazing boyfriend, im trying to loose weight as well although things like exams and make it hard so im gonna wait until summer. my boyfriend says i dont need 2 change anything but im going this for myself. You look fine, and any future boyfriend should want you for yourself and personality not just the way you look. but if you want to loose weight then do it but for yourself because that is most important! :smile:
Reply 29
n0c0ntr0l
read my mind

the drugs have made me nicer.....

roid rage my ass
Link doesnt work.
Why are you looking for a reason to get in shape? You should want to do it for yourself!

And that ******** about accepting you for who you are. Why dont you just go an ask a 84year old tramp out on a date? Just accept him for who he is! Or maybe Natwest Bank should accept you for who you are and invite you onto the board of directors and pay you £250 000 a year?

'Accept me for who i am' is a big cop out when you cant be bothered to put in the work needed to better yourself.

Why on earth would you not want to lose weight and have every guy falling for you? Why would you just settle for who you are now.

Everybody says 'don't have to change who you are, it's whats on the inside' but thats crap. Why do you go through education then? Why not just start working and stay in a dead end job all your life? It's because everybody needs to constantly work hard to change who they are, to better themselves so they can provide a good life for themselves and their family.

You can do badly in your studies and have a bad job or you can do well and get a great job. Likewise you can keep eating and not exercising and be unattractive and unhealthy, and get a loser boyfriend and a heart condition, Or you can be beautiful and have the choice of thousands of guys and be able to play football with your chidren without stopping to throw up all over them.

Harsh words but true ones. As the saw man says, live or die the choice is yours.
If you know how to carry yourself and present yourself, I think it's perfectly feasible for someone of size 16 to be sexy.
Reply 33
I think you look fine. When you mentioned that you were a size 16, I was expecting you to be bigger for some reason.
Reply 34
truthandtragedy
If you know how to carry yourself and present yourself, I think it's perfectly feasible for someone of size 16 to be sexy.

This has nothing to do with your post, but I love your sig (?)!! Ed Westwick is gorgeous :yep:
Reply 35

Size 16 is heavy

PS is this you OP? http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1207065628&aid=2007571#/photo.php?pid=30058204&id=1207065628

Cos you could do with losing weight
Of course it is. ou are lucky cos you have a good shape and would be pretty if skinnier - so lose weight, simple.

Geniveve is fit btw - ask her what she does to stay in shape.
Reply 37
Jonogodden
Why are you looking for a reason to get in shape? You should want to do it for yourself!

And that ******** about accepting you for who you are. Why dont you just go an ask a 84year old tramp out on a date? Just accept him for who he is! Or maybe Natwest Bank should accept you for who you are and invite you onto the board of directors and pay you £250 000 a year?

'Accept me for who i am' is a big cop out when you cant be bothered to put in the work needed to better yourself.

Why on earth would you not want to lose weight and have every guy falling for you? Why would you just settle for who you are now.

Everybody says 'don't have to change who you are, it's whats on the inside' but thats crap. Why do you go through education then? Why not just start working and stay in a dead end job all your life? It's because everybody needs to constantly work hard to change who they are, to better themselves so they can provide a good life for themselves and their family.

You can do badly in your studies and have a bad job or you can do well and get a great job. Likewise you can keep eating and not exercising and be unattractive and unhealthy, and get a loser boyfriend and a heart condition, Or you can be beautiful and have the choice of thousands of guys and be able to play football with your chidren without stopping to throw up all over them.

Harsh words but true ones. As the saw man says, live or die the choice is yours.

lolage, sorry ahem, i know it's a serious subject, but it was nice to have some brutal honesty and a slap on the wrist, just for the record, i think i agree with you the most, thanks x
Photos aren't working.
Reply 39
you look fine, actually. You should exercise and lay of the junk food though, just to be healthy and treat your body correctly.

Latest

Trending

Trending