Why do people do this?! Watch

Duckling
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
erm just to back up the guy here i dont know about for other but for me its the same amount to text people abroad. its only if IM abroad that its more expensive...?
Xie_Confess
Report 9 years ago
I don't think it would have cost you anything extra to text him if he's in NY, i'm pretty sure it would just cos him loads more.
estrella88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It would have cost you the same amount (10p) no matter if he was 1 mile away from you, in New York, or in Australia. No need to jump to conclusions, that he was lying to you...
Pickford
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe he is from the past and our York is his New York as York for him is a small village with wooden shacks.
BJP
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Because he wants you to be the bimbo that goes, "OMFG, you work in New York ennit, that's well hot, you must be uber-cool, suck my pussy".

But your not. You're not a retard. He [rather epically] fails.
A Stranger in Moscow
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by unfake_placebo)
Your credit only going down 10p doesn't necessarily prove he's still in the country. As long as its a British number you get charged the normal amount to text, even if the phone's abroad, I think. That's how it works for me at least. So maybe he wasn't lying... ?
yeah it only costs me the normal amount to text british numbers from abroad
Kashya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
When I was in greece it cost people the usual amount to text me but cost me more to text them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.65%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.11%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (707)
47.45%

Watched Threads