Which of the big four do people love to love? Watch

Poll: Which of the big four (besides your team) is your favourite?
Man Utd (18)
21.18%
Liverpool (30)
35.29%
Arsenal (29)
34.12%
Chelsea (8)
9.41%
JebigaJohnny
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
For me it's Liverpool. I think it's the most likeable team (of the 4) because of players like Steven Gerrard or Torres.
Jeester
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I support Shrewsbury Town FC but of those big four i'd say Liverpool were my favourate.
BJP
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I support L'pool.
If I had order the other three in order of preference: Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd.
jamesh_91
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
liverpool as i was a liverpool fan before deciding to support a local side

Come on you baggies!
DannyBoy123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Arsenal, they play good football and considering their outlay have done remarkably well to maintain their top 4 status.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lozz2601)
Liverpool are the only ones that I don't hate. I'd rather they won the Prem than any other of the three above.
Go on, amuse me, why does a Reading supporter have issues with any of the remaining sides?
laurenlodge
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Go on, amuse me, why does a Reading supporter have issues with any of the remaining sides?
I reckon you can probably remember the issue with Chelsea.

As for the other two, it's the same reasons as everybody else as to why I don't like them - who I support doesn't suddenly change my perspective!
paulapie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't support any team, but I'd like anyone but Man Utd to win because their fans really do my head in!
WhatTheFunk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
liverpool are cool

Arsenal london club, no london team gets along
Chelsea lol, i think we all know what west ham Chelsea means
man u, annoying team, annoying fan that all come from london :p:
RNBen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Arsenal definitely. I am a Utd supporter, but love to watch Arsenal play. Their passing game is second to none really.
mermania
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
bskyb fc
Jim-ie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't like any of them but if I had to pick one of them it would be Arsenal management wise. I dislike Chelsea, Hate United, and Celtic sing YNWA better than Liverpool do.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lozz2601)
I reckon you can probably remember the issue with Chelsea.
What, Stephen Hunt or the ambulent services? A year later it happened to Arsenal but I did find the contrasting views of both incidents wryly amusing. The Eduardo incident got more of a hostilic reaction because it was not easy on the eye but people forget Cech actually nearly died but a lot of people stood up for him. Put it this why if they were playing Sunday league I don't think Cech would be alive today tbh. People don't understand how serious head injuries are at times. The same couldn't be said about Taylor (I think it was him).

It was a reckless challenge and the laws of the game should cater injury more like they do with rugby league. I don't think Hunt actually meant to do what he did for what it's worth.
laurenlodge
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
What, Stephen Hunt or the ambulent services? A year later it happened to Arsenal but I did find the contrasting views of both incidents wryly amusing. The Eduardo incident got more of a hostilic reaction because it was not easy on the eye but people forget Cech actually nearly died but a lot of people stood up for him. Put it this why if they were playing Sunday league I don't think Cech would be alive today tbh. People don't understand how serious head injuries are at times. The same couldn't be said about Taylor (I think it was him).

It was a reckless challenge and the laws of the game should cater injury more like they do with rugby league. I don't think Hunt actually meant to do what he did for what it's worth.
I just remember the club acting largely unfairly about the whole thing - telling the media our response wasn't good enough; that the club didn't try hard enough to apologise when there was evidence both claims were untrue - it dragged our club's reputation through the mud and that's not something I'm okay with! (Although I'm not sure how much was Mourinho and how much was the club, but nevertheless it's just a connection I make now).

It's less the specifics of that and more the whole impression that it gave me - I'd imagine most of your fans aren't too keen on us either for the injuries (which I wouldn't blame them for one bit because it was a stupid thing to do), and will probably continue not to be even when Hunt's gone.
Don_Scott
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Chelsea

I have a soft spot for Arsenal but they are now the cool club and they have to many french people.

Manchester United are gay.

Liverpool are from Liverpool. Case closed.
douchebagz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by scottnoplot)
I voted arsenal, purely because of when Arshavin admited straight away to the ref that it wasn't a penalty a couple of weeks ago..
People have been reading what he did wrong. If you recall he was being put under pressure by Distin or someone. He got tackled and the ball spralled out for a gk/corner.
Arshavin got up immediately after the tackle and wagged his finger because he saw the referee point towards the goal, his first thought was that the referee meant a goal-kick when Arshavin was playing for a corner.
Only upon further realising the situation that the referee did indeed give the penalty Arshavin continues wagging his finger trying to look like a responsible football but in the end he is just a gooner.

Why nobody like Chelsea. Dont you even have sympathy for us. Think of Moscow and how unlucky we were.
Christien
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I like Liverpool. Their fans are good fun and they hate Stretford United as much as we do.
xzoe18x
Report 9 years ago
Arsenal
scottnoplot
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by douchebagz)
People have been reading what he did wrong. If you recall he was being put under pressure by Distin or someone. He got tackled and the ball spralled out for a gk/corner.
Arshavin got up immediately after the tackle and wagged his finger because he saw the referee point towards the goal, his first thought was that the referee meant a goal-kick when Arshavin was playing for a corner.
Only upon further realising the situation that the referee did indeed give the penalty Arshavin continues wagging his finger trying to look like a responsible football but in the end he is just a gooner.

Why nobody like Chelsea. Dont you even have sympathy for us. Think of Moscow and how unlucky we were.
Well that would make sense lol, I still vote arsenal as I dislike them less than liverpool and Man U.

I think the reason nobody likes chelsea is 'cus of when we had mourinho. We won loads, spent loads of money and Jose was pretty cocky about being special. I loved the bloke but I don't think anyone but Chelsea fans did. I don't think people like Drogba 'cus he used to go down too easily, but since being robbed of a second succesive champions league final he has stopped all that.
I can't genuinly think of any other reasons, so people should start to like us again lol.
RobbieC
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I want to hear Phil's view. For me, had I not misread the thread and voted Arsenal... I'd have voted for United.

They don't play the fluid football we do, but it's a close approximation, and has a certain recklessness to it. But for me to vote United, it would be for the team and a handful of their players. Their manager and stadium are a joke.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (355)
37.57%
No - but I will (74)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (66)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (450)
47.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise