study leave = cramped house Watch

The Referee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by prospective student)
no space in bedroom (plus thats next to my dads office so majorly noisy) so am at kitchen table. we haven't atch eaten here since bout march cos i currently have about 25 folders and 10+ textbooks piled on it!!
'Do not Disturb' notice in the back of the chair (headphones etc)?
prospective student
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by NCIShippo)
Try pitching a tent in the garden, a hang a keep out sign on the door! I've run out of ideas now :woo: :rolleyes:
hehe. ta for trying. i guess if there was something easy/obvious to do i would have done it already anyway. but seriously if the weather picks up i may try this!! :yikes:
i atch have a friend who does all her revision inside a cardboard box. if i could find one big enough to fit all maths pps, mark schemes, tables, calculators and stationary etc in then i would give it a try!
prospective student
Rep:
?
(Original post by penrithkeswick)
Try this:
6 in the family, 3 siblings younger than me, my sister's friends over all the time, my Mum at home, and my dad in most evenings which is when I do my revision
nasty!! i bet you are looking forward to monday when they go back to school then!
Sakura-Chan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by prospective student)
i'm doing my A2s atm so am on study leave, my sister is doing her GCSEs so is on study leave also, plus my dad works from home and my mum is at home most of the time now. this means that every day my house (which is a decent size) feels its getting smaller and smaller. its getting sooooooooooo annoying! :mad: i was just wondering if there are other people out there in the same position?
I know how you feel. I live in an average sized house with my mum, dad and brother. They're all here all this week and they're doing my head in, where as I'd usually have the house to myself from 9 to 4 on days where I'm not at college. My brother is on study leave as well and he INSISTS of bringing half the ******* street back to ''revise'' which is like, code for eat us out of house and home and annoy me all day. My mum and dad don't seem to care, or see the problem.

I do go to Starbucks and the library to revise but it's so much easier at home where you can slob about, eat cereal and watch TV in the process :p:
prospective student
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
I know how you feel. I live in an average sized house with my mum, dad and brother. They're all here all this week and they're doing my head in, where as I'd usually have the house to myself from 9 to 4 on days where I'm not at college. My brother is on study leave as well and he INSISTS of bringing half the ******* street back to ''revise'' which is like, code for eat us out of house and home and annoy me all day. My mum and dad don't seem to care, or see the problem.

I do go to Starbucks and the library to revise but it's so much easier at home where you can slob about, eat cereal and watch TV in the process :p:
too true.
duckjustice
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I feel your pain too.
My sister is staying with us with her 2 kids (6 months and 3 years old). So I constantly have her barging into my room stealing my stuff, my niece wandering in seemingly just to annoy me and my nephew crying or someone telling me to go and watch him.
It's even worse at weekends when my other sister comes along with her boyfriend and the dog and if I try and revise at least one person comes and tells me to be more social.
My house is pretty small so I can't really get away from all the noise even if I lock myself in my room. I don't think I've had any peace in the 3 and a half weeks they've been here, so I've just started ignoring everyone, they leave me alone eventually.

I feel so sorry for anyone who has to put up with this all the time!
snoopy16
Report 9 years ago
try this:
its half term so everyone’s at home mum and dad 4 siblings all very young plus mums pregnant due this week so everyone’s running around doing what they want plus my sisters mates are always at our house plus my cousin oh and my mums best mate loves staying around with her 3 children. im suffering trust!
Keith_Dave
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DizzeeBlud)
there's only 4 of u and ur complaining!
seriously
Maybe they're all really fat???
sundogs
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Revise in library or park.

Sorted
Nativeenglish
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My family have gone away this weekend, so I had the house to myself for the weekend before my major exams. Wish I'd made more use of it, though.
prospective student
Rep:
?
(Original post by Keith_Dave)
Maybe they're all really fat???
he he. NO! i am size 8 and proud!
prospective student
Rep:
?
(Original post by sundogs)
Revise in library or park.

Sorted
as explained to NCIShippo earlier in thread i don't exactly live near ... well, anything really!!
Sakura-Chan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sakura-Chan)

My situation has got slowly worse. My parents decided this would be the perfect time to redecorate :facepalm: At the moment they've stripped off every single piece of wallpaper in the house, every bit of furniture downstairs is either covered in a layer of dust or white sheets, then more dust. The guys doing the new wall paper and re-tiling the bathroom came this morning at 8am, banged about all ******* day and left at 4pm. It seriously looks like they've done sod all, but they managed to **** up my revision with their noise! My mum reckons they're going to be here all week :eek3: I have my exam in 8 days and I'm so on edge, I can't take this!
definado
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
4 people in my family, 8 bedroom house.
I don't have your problem but I do have the problem that I don't revise anyway.

wanna swap?
d123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just revise in the garden if you have one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (329)
37.3%
No - but I will (71)
8.05%
No - I don't want to (63)
7.14%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (419)
47.51%

Watched Threads