Riseholme Watch

izzie89
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Nobody seems to know, but I'm going up there today on a different bus so i'll find out and stick the times and stuff on here.
KimmyRoebuck
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just looked at my timetable I was given: First bus - 8:20 at Brayford, outside bridge house
8:25 at Silver Street
8:27 at Newport
8:50 Riseholme

On the way back it stops at Union Road and Brayford

It looks like there aren't many runs according to my timetable the buses get to Riseholme from Brayford at :

8:50
10:15
11:40
13:50
15:10
17:00

That's it?! 6 buses all day!?? Can't be right, Izzie, hope you find out different, 6 buses all day is rubbish!
dbynoe
Report 9 years ago
dogsandcats just asking but did you actually visit riseholme?
its two floors of a long corridor with everyones room off it and a communual kitchen n toilets/showers each end
you kinda live with everyone :-)
the only difference is whether you're on the bottom floor or not or if you're in harvey 1 or 2
i should be harvey 1 upstairs :-)
dogandcats
Report 9 years ago
hi yeh i did visit, but was back in january, and when we looked at the room they carmmed as people as they could in there to see it so couldnt really get a proper look. and no ones ever explained about the cooking situation. havent got anything in the post about what were suppose to take, so have brought everything, thats why i wanted to know if there was room under the bed, cause some unis dont have beds with space under.
Aqualung
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by KimmyRoebuck)
Just looked at my timetable I was given: First bus - 8:20 at Brayford, outside bridge house
8:25 at Silver Street
8:27 at Newport
8:50 Riseholme

On the way back it stops at Union Road and Brayford

It looks like there aren't many runs according to my timetable the buses get to Riseholme from Brayford at :

8:50
10:15
11:40
13:50
15:10
17:00

That's it?! 6 buses all day!?? Can't be right, Izzie, hope you find out different, 6 buses all day is rubbish!
That's right. https://portal.lincoln.ac.uk/C7/C7/P...er%202009).doc
Not sure if anyone can get on that link (its via the Portal), if you can thats the full timetable.
The 8.20 bus often gets full before the departure time, (it's a 53 seat coach) even more so now they've cancelled the 7.15 bus and the minibus at 8.20 for the people who don't manage to get a seat on the coach. My advice - be there at 8.10 if you've got a 9 oclock lecture at Riseholme. :eek3:
izzie89
Report 9 years ago
Well I managed to get it today and it wasn't even half full, but i guess that's because the degree students haven't started yet.
Your times are right kimmy, although I cant get on that link above cos i dont have my number yet, i do have a timetable in front of me and there are 6 buses out a day.
I suppose i'm just going to have to see how it goes, but the 353 bus goes right through the riseholme campus and only leaves at 8.40 so in my opinion, if its full, i'll get the 353 (which leaves at 8.40).
KimmyRoebuck
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh that's good about the 353, I'm getting train in and it doesn't get in until about 8:10, don't know if I'd have time to run for shuttle.

I wish I'd have just moved to Lincoln now :-/
Aqualung
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by KimmyRoebuck)
Oh that's good about the 353, I'm getting train in and it doesn't get in until about 8:10, don't know if I'd have time to run for shuttle.

I wish I'd have just moved to Lincoln now :-/
You'll be pushing it, assuming no delays on that train, it's an 8 minute power walk from the train station to the bus.
KimmyRoebuck
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
God Dunno how I'm gonna manage
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.83%
No - but I will (115)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (699)
47.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise