Q.o.t.s.a Watch

BruceLogan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by _Pondersome.)
Hahah, awesome! Where was he off his tits? Explain!
Leeds festival last year.

he was just standing on the stage all gormless quite a bit
and it got dark while they were on, and he was like 'woah....?'

Excellent :P

still played amazing though
_Pondersome.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
This needs to be posted at regularly, don't let it die.
Altocirrus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
QOTSA are fantastic! I'd be hard pushed to pick a favourite album (though I have a soft spot for R since that's the one I bought first). Better Living Through Chemistry and You Can't Quit Me Baby are a couple of my fav tracks.

I've seen them live once- Josh was indeed drugged up to the eyeballs and messed up his solo in Little Sister. He was very apologetic though :laugh:

Kyuss are also amazing, as are the Desert Sessions. Rumour has it there's a new album out this year...
Stray_talk
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by =nuke=)
My favourite's Go With The Flow, I think. People always moan and groan because it was a single. :p:
¿Porqué? I think it's great.

Homme was quite hot for a ginger too I seem to remember
=nuke=
Badges: 11
Report 9 years ago
It's the old 'oh, you must listen to some more of their stuff and then you'll change your mind' thing, as if it's impossible to decide that a single's your favourite track. :p:
_Pondersome.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Altocirrus)
QOTSA are fantastic! I'd be hard pushed to pick a favourite album (though I have a soft spot for R since that's the one I bought first). Better Living Through Chemistry and You Can't Quit Me Baby are a couple of my fav tracks.

I've seen them live once- Josh was indeed drugged up to the eyeballs and messed up his solo in Little Sister. He was very apologetic though :laugh:

Kyuss are also amazing, as are the Desert Sessions. Rumour has it there's a new album out this year...
A new QOTSA album or Desert Sessions?
Where was this rumour sourced? :woo:
tangyzizzle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There's been rumours of loads of stuff supposedly getting released for the last couple of years - Desert Sessions, Self titled re-release, new album, an EP, the Salt Mine gig DVD release etc.

All of them have yet to happen, so I'll believe any rumours when I actually have something in my hand!
Snobpence17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Broken Box, that is a tune.

Only good rock band of this decade.
Snobpence17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Altocirrus)

If you like Kyuss then check out Fu Manchu, they're brilliant.
Altocirrus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A new QOTSA album or Desert Sessions?
Where was this rumour sourced? :woo:
Here's one source which says that Desert Sessions 11 & 12 is due in April 09. Hmmmm. It'll be interesting to see who Josh collaborates with though, I loved PJ on 9 & 10.

(Original post by Snobpence17)
If you like Kyuss then check out Fu Manchu, they're brilliant.
Fu Manchu are rather good! I also quite like some of Brant Bjork's solo stuff- much more chilled than Kyuss or Fu Manchu.
_Pondersome.
Rep:
?
I'm going to check out Fu Manchu, thanks for the tip.

I love crawl home from desert sessions 9 & 10. I'd rather a new album release from QOTSA though, because that would mean tour.
_Pondersome.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Snobpence17)
Broken Box, that is a tune.

Only good rock band of this decade.
Hahah, i love how Josh describes his reasoning for calling the song 'broken box'
Some boxes just don't work correctly, no matter what you stick in them.
Snobpence17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hahah, i love how Josh describes his reasoning for calling the song 'broken box'
Some boxes just don't work correctly, no matter what you stick in them.
Haha, that's why he's one of the greatest frontmen of all time. He did say about a new QOTSA album being much more desert rock-orientated.
_Pondersome.
Rep:
?
Bad times. I bought a CD off ebay, QOTSA first self-titled album, i got sent the case and the booklet but no CD. :-|
Is there anything i can do? Probably not in the right section of the forum, but it's kind of relevant to QOTSA haha.
_Pondersome.
Rep:
?
Cool and exciting QOTSA news - They're re-releasing their first self-titled album, and are expected to do a new album which is to be released in 2010...so not that long to wait! I'm over-the-moon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Islv4b12zfI
tangyzizzle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Cool and exciting QOTSA news - They're re-releasing their first self-titled album, and are expected to do a new album which is to be released in 2010...so not that long to wait! I'm over-the-moon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Islv4b12zfI
I really, really hope they do do a tour for the self titled re-release, and that they come to the UK with it. It's my favourite QOTSA album, and I'd die of happiness to hear it live in it's entirety. But I bet they end up not bothering! :rolleyes:
_Pondersome.
Rep:
?
(Original post by tangyzizzle)
I really, really hope they do do a tour for the self titled re-release, and that they come to the UK with it. It's my favourite QOTSA album, and I'd die of happiness to hear it live in it's entirety. But I bet they end up not bothering! :rolleyes:
I really hope they do a tour of any kind, but i think they would do a tour with all their old stuff, i guess we will just have to wait and see. This news has came straight from the horses mouth so it is promising i would think. Ahh.
futuremarkets
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My favourite song is Song for the Dead. I saw them at Reading last year, and before that my favourite song was I Think I Lost My Headache - even though they played both (I think, I sort of forgot everything after seeing Rage Against The Machine) but Song for the Dead was mind-blowing.
I also love Eagles of Death Metal - another great live band. When I saw them, Joey drummed for them and it was fantastic.
DancingCorpse
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I really love Songs for the Deaf, it's a great album, and have heard a couple of songs from 'Rated R' but don't know what i should check out next. Any recommendations?
_Pondersome.
Rep:
?
(Original post by DancingCorpse)
I really love Songs for the Deaf, it's a great album, and have heard a couple of songs from 'Rated R' but don't know what i should check out next. Any recommendations?
I'd recommend 'Lullabies to Paralyze' it's an amazing album, and imo their best.
Also, if you already haven't, check out 'the lost art of keeping a secret' from Rated R.
Era Vulgaris is also a sweet album, too...check out 3's & 7's.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (189)
39.54%
No - but I will (28)
5.86%
No - I don't want to (33)
6.9%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (228)
47.7%

Watched Threads