If North Korea now has nuclear weapons, could it sell them to terrorists? Watch

SomeoneYoulike
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wig)
Unless I've fundamentally missed something, surely this is in theory a huge problem. A bankrupt regime is offered big money by wealthly muslim extremists for even one nuclear bomb, potentially this could be catastrophic?
i dont think thats the issue, the media is portraying it this way buy, america and the worlds nuclear countries are opposed to north korea having nuclear weapons becuase north korea will have a say in regional decisions as its going to become a superpower with its nuclear weapon . ie neighbouring countries will get scared of them

terrorists are not going to use nuclear weapons, and plus there are many terrorists other tham muslim terrorists, just like america sold nuclear secrets to pakistan , so what korea can do the same
IchiCC
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Gilly Gillett)
EDIT: Just want to add, it's things like this that have got to make you support Britain being nuclear armed, surely? As a deterrent to attack, if nothing else!
You see the problem here?

As for the thread:
Is it possible? Yes.
Is it likely to happen? No.
ASmallRubberDuck
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why would it sell its own nuclear arsenal to terrorists???
tucker672
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I hate to sound like a nerd. But the media nor do most ordinary folk know much about nuclear weapons. North Korea are no where near having the nuclear capabilities to effectively aim, launch and hit a near target, never mind a further target, at this moment in time North Korea has more chance of blowing itself up.

I spoke to a nuclear weapons expert in Cardiff University the other day, prior to my enlightment on the topic, and he asked "In the 80's Trident was aimed at USSR, where do you think it is aimed now?" I said Iran and North Korea, he then receeded to lecture me on the topic and the most likely country is China.
ali567149
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tucker672)
I spoke to a nuclear weapons expert in Cardiff University the other day, prior to my enlightment on the topic, and he asked "In the 80's Trident was aimed at USSR, where do you think it is aimed now?"
France.
Can't trust the French!!!!
My source - Yes Minister

On the topic though. China has some influence over North Korea and i think it would have something to say if it were to try and sell anything from a bomb to intelegence. After all it has its own intenal security problems to try and cope with.
Imperatrix
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by George5210)
Well I think that it is slightly racist if the first thing you think when you hear 'Nuclear Weapons' is Islam. Surely we should be worried about the threat of North Korea and not whether they will sell their weapons. This is a completely isolated country we are talking about here.
Islam is not a race. :rolleyes:

Stop peddling these juvenile, overused terms as a form of retaliation, like 'Islamophobia'. Pathetic.
Sakujo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I hate to sound like a nerd. But the media nor do most ordinary folk know much about nuclear weapons. North Korea are no where near having the nuclear capabilities to effectively aim, launch and hit a near target, never mind a further target, at this moment in time North Korea has more chance of blowing itself up.
I was thinking along the same lines. Surely, its not as easy as saying "Here you go one warhead"? I mean doesn't it take considerable amounts of infrastructure to support a nuclear bomb let alone adapting your military to launch one? And considering that the North dosn't even have this capability yet, how are they meant to sell it?
Sakujo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Imperatrix)
Islam is not a race. :rolleyes:

Stop peddling these juvenile, overused terms as a form of retaliation, like 'Islamophobia'. Pathetic.
You really are stuck on Islam, aren't you?
tucker672
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sakujo)
I was thinking along the same lines. Surely, its not as easy as saying "Here you go one warhead"? I mean doesn't it take considerable amounts of infrastructure to support a nuclear bomb let alone adapting your military to launch one? And considering that the North dosn't even have this capability yet, how are they meant to sell it?
I want to know if a terrorist does manage to get his hands on one, how is he going to transport it? Hand luggage :awesome:
Sakujo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I want to know if a terrorist does manage to get his hands on one, how is he going to transport it? Hand luggage :awesome:
I remember talking with a friend and he said that the Soviet Union actually developed and produced a nuke that would fit in a briefcase......and they don't know what happened to them.:eek3:
JJ1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7000717.stm

Its all speculation, and there is little consensus on the nuclear issue, but even the sceptics seem to admit that North Korean missile experts have worked in Syria for the military.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (356)
37.63%
No - but I will (74)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (66)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (450)
47.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise