Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lodzinski)
LMAO :laugh:
LivingLegend91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Zara is probably your best option. Although try and not buy everything cheap, jeans for one need to be at least £70-£80 otherwise their useless.
hamzramz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hleiks)
Before university I want to get loads of new cloths, but I need advice on where to shop. I'm a guy btw.

OK so I want the cloths to be fashionable/trendy - but the kind that the average person can wear (like some cloths you need to be a confident person to wear).

It needs to be cheap yet high quality. I'd rather not go primark because I want the cloths to last at least a year. I also don't have much money so the cloths I get need to be cheap!

any ideas where I can go?
If I do get into uni next year, I plan to have a total wardrobe refresh and get a new look. I've got a bad feeling I am going to have to be semi-formal all the time, but I'd be shopping in H&M and Topman mostly, I think Blue-Inc and JD shopping will diminish soon.

I WILL NOT be shopping at places like Zara as clothing at any price can be fashionable, its how it looks, not its price. PS we are students!!!
SoapyDish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by toni40)
I suggest before you do go to uni and start shopping for clothes that you buy a dictionary.
Department stores like Debs are always good and plus they always have says on. Topman or H&M otherwise.
I suggest that before you criticise others for their spelling, you check how to spell "sales".
toni40
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SoapyDish)
I suggest that before you criticise others for their spelling, you check how to spell "sales".

lol point taken. But tbh mine was obviously a mistake, i only wrote it the once and i do know how to spell 'sales'. Unlike the thread starter (no offence) who repeatedly spelt the word wrong.
SoapyDish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by toni40)
lol point taken. But tbh mine was obviously a mistake, i only wrote it the once and i do know how to spell 'sales'. Unlike the thread starter (no offence) who repeatedly spelt the word wrong.
And, as they said, speak English as a second language. Don't be too harsh on spelling mistakes...
slevien1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
cheap vintage stores are your best friend
toni40
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SoapyDish)
And, as they said, speak English as a second language. Don't be too harsh on spelling mistakes...

I don't see how you can be so worked up over this lol. I wrote my post before they wrote theirs saying that they spoke it as a second language. I wasn't obviously going to check what everyone else had said after i had posted would i? If i had of known that he didn't speak English as a first language i would have hardly put that. I fail to see how that makes me the 'dumdass'!
G550NDH
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
river island dude topman burton ! go to west field if u live in london evryfings ther !
sdiana91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
shop around... first get ideas of the kind of stuff you want and just shop around, if you're based around a big city like london or somewhere it's very easy.. there's the standard places like river island, burton, topman etc (oooh h&m's really good btw!) but you can also shop online like asos.com which is really good and vintage shops if you want a vintage twist? oooh ebay's actaully really good, it's not just full of junk like people think! lol
CalicoP
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by LivingLegend91)
Zara is probably your best option. Although try and not buy everything cheap, jeans for one need to be at least £70-£80 otherwise their useless.
Not necessarily I live in my gap jeans and they were £40 and they are the comfiest pair of jeans ever. (and I got some for a fiver in the sale)
LivingLegend91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CalicoP)
Not necessarily I live in my gap jeans and they were £40 and they are the comfiest pair of jeans ever. (and I got some for a fiver in the sale)
Yeah they may be comfortable but do they look good, and do they hold their shape etc. Probably not.
Ziggy00
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
As your a lad you need to stand out mate places like Zara, H&M, american apparel and vintage shops for cheap stuff but have a mix of cheap and brand names

.. Skip topman, river Island n all that ****. their for people who what to look like everybody else..

For trainers stick to classics like converse and Vans,
Jeans, make sure they are the right fit...,
Tops - buy print Tee's from vintage shops etc Jackets are more expensive,
I'd say the two most important areas are Sneaks and Tops

Raf Simons, BBC/I.C, YMC too name just a few good labels
Ziggy00
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
O and raid T-K Maxx
CalicoP
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by LivingLegend91)
Yeah they may be comfortable but do they look good, and do they hold their shape etc. Probably not.
I think they look good! I have two pairs of slouch jeans I've had for over a year and they've held their shape pretty well, as have my skinnies, but I've not had those for quite as long.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise