The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'd go to the docs. I know it's embarrassing but they've seen it all before and you shouldn't just put up with it, it may get worse.

Or you can do an internet search, there's plenty of online doctors that may be able to help
Anonymous
fuks sake, I probably shouldnt have asked school kids.
It isnt serious enough to go to the doctors, ive never had thrush before and as its rly common i thought someone might be able to tell me if the symptoms are right.

Perhaps not, though i don't think many people will be happy at being called "School kids" given that many people replying have left school.
yeah talk to your GP.

STD's are everywhere these days :/
Abhead
Oops **** my anon up.
Oh well
I HAVE THRUSH PEOPLE

You're not the OP :rolleyes:

I don't know why everyone's being so immature/disgusted by this really, I've read plenty worse in H&R before!

As has already been suggested OP, it may well be thrush, so google your symtoms or check out this link (http://www.womenshealthlondon.org.uk/leaflets/thrush/thrush.html).
e-m-i-l-y
Perhaps not, though i don't think many people will be happy at being called "School kids" given that many people replying have left school.

School kids or excessively squemish/immature people then. Why the hell did you click on the topic and read all the way through if you find it so horrible? Its a forum for asking these kind of questions. If it IS thrush more than half of women get it at some point according to something I'm just reading now. How the hell are you going to cope if it happens to your body?
Reply 25
I guess...... at least the thread lived up to the title???:lolwut:
Reply 26
i know you 'should' go straight to the docs, but to be honest the last time i went to the doctors for actually almost exactly this, i wanted them to confirm it was thrush, my doctor didnt have a look or anything, she was just like ye try an over the counter (in fact she made me feel like i was wasting her time). there arent any commen stis which cause itching, and i specifically asked her whether the cream could be bad if it wasnt thrush and she said no.
xmarilynx
You're not the OP :rolleyes:

I don't know why everyone's being so immature/disgusted by this really, I've read plenty worse in H&R before!

As has already been suggested OP, it may well be thrush, so google your symtoms or check out this link (http://www.womenshealthlondon.org.uk/leaflets/thrush/thrush.html).

I never thought I would be having this arguement but...it really is me!
I've read some more and apparently hard sex, tight jeans and hot weather can cause it, and I've experienced all three in the past few days. Oh well, off to the chemist I guess.
dippie
i know you 'should' go straight to the docs, but to be honest the last time i went to the doctors for actually almost exactly this, i wanted them to confirm it was thrush, my doctor didnt have a look or anything, she was just like ye try an over the counter (in fact she made me feel like i was wasting her time). there arent any commen stis which cause itching, and i specifically asked her whether the cream could be bad if it wasnt thrush and she said no.

Yeah exactly, it just doesn't seem serious enough.
Abhead
I never thought I would be having this arguement but...it really is me!
I've read some more and apparently hard sex, tight jeans and hot weather can cause it, and I've experienced all three in the past few days. Oh well, off to the chemist I guess.

If you were the OP it would say 'thread starter' under your name :rolleyes:
Reply 30
Sounds like the herpes to me.
And yes, no one really wants to hear how you tasted your minge was sour when you sucked your boyfriend off, definitely TMI.
Tefhel
Sounds like the herpes to me.
And yes, no one really wants to hear how you tasted your minge was sour when you sucked your boyfriend off, definitely TMI.

So why the hell did you read it :s-smilie:
A couple of people have given me some useful information and confirmed what I thought so I've got what I want out of this thread now.
If it offends your sensitive disposition then thats just too bad.
xmarilynx
If you were the OP it would say 'thread starter' under your name :rolleyes:

Actually it wouldn't :shh:
Otherwise everyone would spot anon fails.
Reply 33
Smother natural yogurt all over.
Melting Sugar.
Actually it wouldn't :shh:
Otherwise everyone would spot anon fails.

Oh....ooops! I thought it did!
xmarilynx
Oh....ooops! I thought it did!

:no:

:ninjagirl:
:hat2:
Abhead
So why the hell did you read it :s-smilie:
A couple of people have given me some useful information and confirmed what I thought so I've got what I want out of this thread now.
If it offends your sensitive disposition then thats just too bad.

I'm amazed at the amount of immature people around here.. I don't think it was too much info, it was relevant to your question.

It does sound like thrush, so as other people have suggested it's probably best to try the canesten. I've heard eating natural yoghurt helps to maintain the good bacteria and pH balance down there, moreso that actually applying it to the area (which you could try). Also have you noticed any difference in discharge? Because that's one of the signs too, of course not all women get every symptom. ...Cue the immature kiddies saying this was also too much info :rolleyes:
BellaMemoria
I'm amazed at the amount of immature people around here.. I don't think it was too much info, it was relevant to your question.

It does sound like thrush, so as other people have suggested it's probably best to try the canesten. I've heard eating natural yoghurt helps to maintain the good bacteria and pH balance down there, moreso that actually applying it to the area (which you could try). Also have you noticed any difference in discharge? Because that's one of the signs too, of course not all women get every symptom. ...Cue the immature kiddies saying this was also too much info :rolleyes:

That wasn't too much information, the OP, on the other hand, did give some unnecessary information and it has nothing to do with immaturity.
BellaMemoria

No strange discharge really. I think I'm going to go buy some over the counter stuff tommorow, left it too late to go to the chemist today. I just remembered me and my boyfriend were having a shower together a couple of days before it started and he used a bar of soap on me down there which I don't normally do, maybe that could have affected the pH balance as well?

omgmanthissucks
That wasn't too much information, the OP, on the other hand, did give some unnecessary information and it has nothing to do with immaturity.

I'm sorry I didn't express myself in a way that was satisfactory to you, it was all relevant though: Itches, makes sex unpleasant, my boyfriend and me both think it tastes funny. I was just trying to describe the situation exactly to get the best help. seriously why read it though if it bothers you? The title made it perfectly clear what kind of post it was going to be. Coming into the health and relationships forum and then leaving stupid comments on a post has everything to do with maturity.
BTW pick up some antiviral stuff for your BF, thrush can also grow on the tongue and it can transfer. Just in case really.

Latest