18th birthday party Watch

alexandramarycatherine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I had a slideshow of pics of me and my friends which was on a constant loop in the background...we did it from my mum's laptop. everyone loved it once they stopped complaining that they looked awful in every picture!
xbuttercupx
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
I'm not sure about the guestbook - maybe put it on a table near the door and put a sign up saying you'd be grateful if people would sign it. Then you could always ask a couple of close friends to go round people and check if they've signed it
jen-bee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by missyq)
Fortune cookies idea is great! Ta! Should i have it placed somewhere obvious? (like where?) I don't want to seem too persistent though, so should i tell a friend to kind of let everyone know about the guestbook. Only problem is, if it's passed round it will easily disappear. Trying to thnk where i can put it
The guestbook is a lovely idea. If you put it on a table near the bar, maybe with a montage of you and your friends on the wall behind it, highlight it with some balloons, lights etc. then people will write in it when they're queueing to get drinks.

As for other decorations, I know balloons can be tacky but if they're done right they can look really good. Get some in, just to put in corners. At might we made arches out of them for the doorways and stuff, and had a giant 1 and 8 balloon. Fairy lights are also a good idea, just to give it a bit of atmosphere.

I'd suggest just having nibbles around from the beginning. Always good for people to pick at. Food's easier to do if you have a theme but since you're not, just have party-style esque foods. Do the cake about 10-10.30 and get someone to cut it up and people can grab some of it later in the night.

As for music, make sure you give a list of songs to the DJ. Put stuff in for the majority, to keep everyone happy but defo throw some oldies and some classics in there too.

Hope you have a great night!
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wtfhaffyduck)
a cool theme? Born in the 80's?? try an 80's theme... or a fave film theme or any theme you like theme....
It's an 18th birthday. Born in 1991.
missyq
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Tootles)
It's an 18th birthday. Born in 1991.
Lol. Although my friend did have her 18th birthday as an 80s themed party and she's born in 1991. SHe's just obsessed with the 80s!!
missyq
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
The big one eight balloon sounds great! Did you get it from a well known store or net? Blue is my favourite colour but not sure if it's a good colour to use for baloons. I'll probably get the metallic shaded ones. Blue and white? or blue and silver? I will definetely go for the montage idea, thanks! Is there much point in having fairy lights if it's inside though? There will be some sort of lighting there anyway, I think generally coloured lights!
wtfhaffyduck
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
oh haha simple maths not my strong point.... 90's themed hehe?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (442)
37.81%
No - but I will (88)
7.53%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise