Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by azn-wonder91)
it seems like some girls are lucky and pull the right guys
then there are other girls who choose total freaks of nature
i am currently crushing on someone who's reply to a poem i spent AGES on was
"lol did u write that? did u mean that? haha"

try to learn from any relationships you have. sometimes it takes going through 10 awful experience to find one perfect experience that'll last a lifetime
just enjoy being single for now and when you stop waiting..the right sorta guys will come pouring in.

oh ps remember we're all stupid at 15/16 so you have to wait til the boy is mature and YOU are mature good luck
Was the poem about/addressed to him?
azn-wonder91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:
(Original post by Abhead)
Was the poem about/addressed to him?

yeah he's studying medicine so we havent had a good convo for months and we've been really close for 6 years so one night at 4 in the mornin i missed him and sent him this..

times like this when i lay in bed
thoughts of you rush through my head
i think of all the times we shared
its nice havin a friend who's always cared
i know we dont get to talk much now
but i feel you're always close somehow
we fight, we argue, you always call me gay :mad: :mad:
but stillll hearing your voice makes my day :o: :o:
with every smile, or every tear i shed

it's nothing brilliant i know but it was from the bottom of my heart and
i
got
owned!!!! grrrrrr
56gs47qr0ghe9454fe268st
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:

yeah he's studying medicine so we havent had a good convo for months and we've been really close for 6 years so one night at 4 in the mornin i missed him and sent him this..

times like this when i lay in bed
i think of all the times we shared
its nice havin a friend who's always cared
i know we dont get to talk much now
but i feel you're always close somehow
we fight, we argue, you always call me gay :mad: :mad:
but stillll hearing your voice makes my day :o: :o:
with every smile, or every tear i shed

it's nothing brilliant i know but it was from the bottom of my heart and
i
got
owned!!!! grrrrrr
If there is nothing actually going on between you though, and you just fancy him a lot, he probably felt awkward. Doubt he was trying to be cruel. If some boy you are mates with wrote you an intense poem like that how would you react? I guess if you have been really close mates for 6 years though its a bit different. People just aren't always comfortable with strong expressions of emotion.
azn-wonder91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Abhead)
If there is nothing actually going on between you though, and you just fancy him a lot, he probably felt awkward. Doubt he was trying to be cruel. If some boy you are mates with wrote you an intense poem like that how would you react?
we both really like each other and we were together for a bit but because he's at uni he doesnt wanna be in a relationship...it's too distracting and he's really academic...plus he's a lil flirty so felt guilty when he went out lol
Roobsa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i want a relationship, but am scared of them. i've basically ****** my chances until i get this sorted. life's awesome.
Anonymous #6
Report 9 years ago
omg this is me exactly OP, I’ve recently met this girl and when i started liking her I’ve just screwed everything up, she likes the cocky/arrogant person anyway, which isn't me at all, it really hurts that i don't have a chance, people say just ask her what’s the worst that could happen, but I mean, if I’ve convinced myself that she doesn't like me like that, I mean I’m 110% sure, she doesn't flirt with me, when she flirts with everyone else, probably because I’m so boring. It just hurts a lot because she is so amazing and i know i don't have a chance, and whats worse, my friends like her, and that would hurt sooo much if one of my friends got with her, can't explian why it just would.

I HATE RELATIONSHIPS
Anonymous #7
Report 9 years ago
i dont think im scared of relationships (i hope) i cant seem to get a good one ive never had a girlfriend and im nearly 20 i am quite shy in front of girls i like i dont even know why maybe im just like that. Im starved of my first taste of love.
56gs47qr0ghe9454fe268st
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
we both really like each other and we were together for a bit but because he's at uni he doesnt wanna be in a relationship...it's too distracting and he's really academic...plus he's a lil flirty so felt guilty when he went out lol
Ah k, maybe it just put him on the spot a bit and he didn't know how to respond.
sparkplug
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I used to be exactly like this. Every single relationship I was in ended up with me looking for ways out within weeks [if not days] after it started.

Only really ended with my last relationship. By pure concidence my ex was exactly the same when it came to this sort of thing [to this day I still don't remember how that topic of conversation came up...], but somehow the urge to sabotage the whole thing just didn't arise with either of us.

Since then there's been nothing serious going on, but for once it isn't down to me wreaking it from the inside.
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No. Why would anyone be scared? They're not exactly terrifying experiences unless you're doing them wrong.
Mystic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Davezk)
No. Why would anyone be scared? They're not exactly terrifying experiences unless you're doing them wrong.

If you haven't had one before, it is scary... Think about how you feel before and exam por first driving lesson etc?
Davezk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Heather_1)
If you haven't had one before, it is scary... Think about how you feel before and exam por first driving lesson etc?
I wasn't scared. It's not exactly complicated or technical that someone likes you.
ChunkymunkyDJC
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm scared of first dates Ever since I broke up with my ex about a year ago, I haven't been the same funny, talkative person. I'm over her completely, but I think part of me died :o:

Wow that sounds so movie-esque.
Mystic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Davezk)
I wasn't scared. It's not exactly complicated or technical that someone likes you.

Noo, but if you don't have much confidence or never done it before, it is a bit daunting.. to actually let your guard down and share your feelings with someone.

Plus if you're a quiet little thing like me, then it is more difficult than a talkactive confidant person.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Heather_1)
Just want to point out, that I have actually had relationships before when I was younger. My fear of relationships isn't because it's new to me, it's because I've had bad relationships before...but the thing you said in your last post about letting your guard down and sharing your feelings is spot on.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies. It's kinda nice to know that I'm not alone in feeling this way, though of course I'd rather none of us felt like this lol. What I've gathered is that I should just try and stay positive, and when I get into a relationship to try and stick with it and work through the feelings of insecurity, instead of just freaking out.

Thanks everyone
pillow
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
im scared of relationships despite being in one... i just constantly worry that he will break up with me... or that he doesnt really want me... or that he's going to get bored of me.. or that he'll cheat on me and break my heart.... but im gettin better now... because ive taught myself to trust and i know he wouldnt cheat on me.

i dont like relationships because im so afraid of getting hurt. and because i get so obsessive and controlling in them... and scare everyone away! ahhhh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads