GCSE results, did you do better or worse than you expected? Watch

hannah_vet
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well i got what i thought were my 'best possible results' ie. if everything had gone to plan then that's what i'd thought i'd get - and i did
laurenlodge
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Better - few A*'s when I was predicted A's. (Latin/Textiles/Sciencex2)
thug05
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
my teachers did really try and make you think they are really hard, but to be honest the hardest thing about them is the amount of stuff you need to learn, but the content is so incredibly easy! i did much better (but maybe not in German, only got a B which i was dissapointed in, buh hey, life goes on).
xmaidenx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by MewMachine)
I did It's not too bad really. Make sure you PEE (I'm sure you know what that is, yes?!) in the exam like mad and do a bit of analysis and an A*'s not too bad to get. I didn't think I'd get one because I thought I'd totally mucked up one of my exams about poetry But I still got one, fortuneatly all my coursework pieces were A*
Omg. You have given me hope!

I got A* in all my coursework, and I felt that two of the sections went bad in the exam and I totally mucked up on poetry, but hopefully I will still do okay!!!
BrightGirl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Better than what I was predicted and better than what I expected. :yy:
A Stranger in Moscow
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by chloecouture)
Better than what i expected but worse than what i was predicted.
Yeah, about this. Not unhappy with my results though.
MathsHamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by AMAsankey)
Interesting thread here...

What I want to know is if anyone thought they weren't going to get an A* in English Literature and actually came out with one.

Not saying I dont think I have achieved an A* in Lit, but I'm just nervous as with English you can never really tell
I knew I could (as in I had the ability), after the exam I was sure I wouldn't, but in the end I did.
Basma
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by MathsHamster)
I knew I could (as in I had the ability), after the exam I was sure I wouldn't, but in the end I did.
You give me hope! I feel so bad about literature now...
silliva
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The GCSE's i did early, I did a lot better than i thought i would..

Did french and german even tho had only been doing german for a year and got an A* (French) and a B (german ))) :beer: :yep: -I thought i would fail this so was MASSIVE surprise)
nuodai
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
I was expecting to get Cs because my attendance over Year 10 and 11 was close to 50% and I didn't do an awful lot of revision for the exams. Imagine my surprise when I didn't get a grade lower than an A... so yes, I did better than I expected.
unknownpleasures
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Better.

Could not have gone any better.

I think I peaked too early lol
Ubiquitous Resource
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Did worse than I predicted but in the grand scheme of things I can't really complain. Was predicted A* in English Lang/Lit with A's in the coursework but managed to get that even though I hated English and really wasn't good at it at all.
username233985
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by AMAsankey)
Interesting thread here...

What I want to know is if anyone thought they weren't going to get an A* in English Literature and actually came out with one.

Not saying I dont think I have achieved an A* in Lit, but I'm just nervous as with English you can never really tell
i thought i would get an A*.... did I?? NO i came out with an A... ahh well
MewMachine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xmaidenx)
Omg. You have given me hope!

I got A* in all my coursework, and I felt that two of the sections went bad in the exam and I totally mucked up on poetry, but hopefully I will still do okay!!!
You'll be fineeee, as long as you answered the right questions, got enough points in and everything, I don't see why you won't get an A* if you got it on your coursework
steph_v
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did worse. But I still did really well for my school, so I'm not too fussed. I was upset on results day, I was very disappointed in myself. But it's my own fault.
rachxl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
allot better :yy: in my experience, if you prepare half decently for an exam, the result always comes out better than you think.
tesco4life
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did about as well as thought I would, although If I'd worked for them I would have done better
Deutsch_Beth
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I didn't do so well, I was predicted all As and A*s, but got 4 Bs. Still not the end of the world. Except for Art, I was told I was pretty much guaranteed an A* then missed it by one mark. I had a little cry over that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed