The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Amdist all the celebrations I have to say I'm disappointed with how we won!
I feel cheated of a good game won on tries, not penalties or drop kicks. I don't like the way we have developed our game and I seriously think we should consider sacking Clive now it's over.
My thoughts are that without dear Johnny we do not have a team of world class calibre - but having said that, Oz relied as much on Elton.
Is this what rugby has become? Purely tactical? If we are the instigators of this type of play I say 'shame on us'.
Reply 21
Lord Huntroyde
we were better at first, but did you see the penalties we gave away?

I missed the first half (asleep), luckily was woken up for the second.
Reply 22
Lord Huntroyde
we were better at first, but did you see the penalties we gave away?

ALL THAT MATTERS IS THAT ENGLAND WON

BUT THEY PLAYED SHITE, AND THEY THREW AWAY THE WORLD CUP ON ABOUT 7 OCCASSIONS. THEY GAVE AWAY THE WORLDS MOST SILL PENALTY WHEN 20 SECS AWAY FROM BEING THE CAHMPS, AND THEY DID THE SAME IN EXTRA TIME.

SO THEY DIDDNT PLAY WELL, THEY WERE RIDICULOUSLY SLOPPY
Reply 23
liaison
ALL THAT MATTERS IS THAT ENGLAND WON

BUT THEY PLAYED SHITE, AND THEY THREW AWAY THE WORLD CUP ON ABOUT 7 OCCASSIONS. THEY GAVE AWAY THE WORLDS MOST SILL PENALTY WHEN 20 SECS AWAY FROM BEING THE CAHMPS, AND THEY DID THE SAME IN EXTRA TIME.

SO THEY DIDDNT PLAY WELL, THEY WERE RIDICULOUSLY SLOPPY

liaison, aka timmio, aka babyguy, aka maskell - go away!
We trounced the Wallabies!!! Fantastic game, would have killed myself if it had gone to sudden death :tongue: Jonny Wilkinson - what a player...!!! :biggrin:
Reply 25
serendipity
We trounced the Wallabies!!! Fantastic game, would have killed myself if it had gone to sudden death :tongue: Jonny Wilkinson - what a player...!!! :biggrin:

trounced?!?!?!?!?!
Reply 26
Lord Huntroyde
trounced?!?!?!?!?!

WELL, OF COURSE IT WASNT, BUT WHAT DO U EXPECT WHEN THE PLAYERS GO OUT OF TEHIR WAY TO TRY AND LET AUSTRALIA WIN THE BLOODY WORLD CUP. "HERE YOU GO, HERES A NICE 3 POINT PENALTY TO TAKE IT TO EXTRA TIME FOR NO REASON AT ALL."

"HERE YA GO, ANOTHER PENALTY TO TAKE IT TO SUDDEN DEATH."
Reply 27
BLOODY MARVELOUS!!!!!

we didnt play that well but wilko is the man!!!

i hope you all watched it!!!! if not - why the hell not!!!

13 wins in a row - the World Cup is coming home!!

Ok, put all discussion in here to prevent 10 squilion threads appearing! (ive merged some)
yawn1
liaison, aka timmio, aka babyguy, aka maskell - go away!

They played fantastically, to beat Australia on their home turf is a fantastic achievement, considering that Australia WERE the World Champs!! We'd have trounced them if the final had been at Twick :biggrin: I love living in Twickenham, not only with the atmosphere be fantastic tonite, but they'll be a HUUUGE party at the Stadium when the team gets home :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 29
My thread has been adopted as a sticky!

I feel so proud (2wipes tear from eye*)
liaison
WELL, OF COURSE IT WASNT, BUT WHAT DO U EXPECT WHEN THE PLAYERS GO OUT OF TEHIR WAY TO TRY AND LET AUSTRALIA WIN THE BLOODY WORLD CUP. "HERE YOU GO, HERES A NICE 3 POINT PENALTY TO TAKE IT TO EXTRA TIME FOR NO REASON AT ALL."

"HERE YA GO, ANOTHER PENALTY TO TAKE IT TO SUDDEN DEATH."

Except it wasn't taken to sudden death... :rolleyes:
Reply 31
like my new name for it?? :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 32
serendipity
They played fantastically, to beat Australia on their home turf is a fantastic achievement, considering that Australia WERE the World Champs!! We'd have trounced them if the final had been at Twick :biggrin: I love living in Twickenham, not only with the atmosphere be fantastic tonite, but they'll be a HUUUGE party at the Stadium when the team gets home :smile: :smile: :smile:

But still a lacklustre game. I can't feel so excited as the rest of you as I think Rugby is in danger of losing it's excitement. Without Johnny's drop kicks and penalties we have nobody else in the team of any note.
Now Brian O'Driscoll shows how rugby should be played!
Reply 33
Ollie
like my new name for it?? :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Yes, though there has been a distinct lack of ozzie bashing so far, but we can change that:

What's the difference between a computer and an ozzie?
You ony have to punch something into a computer once
Reply 34
Lord Huntroyde
Yes, though there has been a distinct lack of ozzie bashing so far, but we can change that:

One I seen at the Oval - 'grow your own dope, plant a pom!' Cheek.
woooooooo

jonny is the man

what a kick, with the right foot as well

after i think it was kay that missed that try when he dropped the ball and knocked it on, i though we would rue (sp?) that miss

but we did it

oh jonny jonny jonny!
Reply 36
What do you call an Australian with a sheep under one arm and a goat under the other?
Bisexual.
Reply 37
I wouldn't exactly call it trounced either, but who cares?! Woohooooooo, we won! My God, I love Johnny Wilkinson - where would we be without him? Wish we'd got that try, but never mind - the tension as he took that drop kick....:eek:

We are the champions.....
Reply 38
IIINNNGGGEEERRRLLLAAANNNDDD!!!

A purile reaction I know, but necessary under the circumstances. :cool:
Reply 39
Lord Huntroyde

he he, but i was refering to the ozzie bashing that has already happened!

Latest

Trending

Trending