Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Not if I'm listening to my own music ON MY PC can I? But otherwise that was a very good suggestion - turn off my speaks to accommodate some idiot's website!

And don't patronise me.

Idiot.
    Ehhhhhhhhh, if you were listening to your own music when you clicked on the link then that's what you would have heard when you were looking at the website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    In what way should I treat a girl differently from a boy in an argument?
    by not calling ne1 idiot? pretty simple i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Ehhhhhhhhh, if you were listening to your own music when you clicked on the link then that's what you would have heard when you were looking at the website.
    No, I could also hear the website's music. Listening to two songs at the same time is rarely a good idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Godmaster)
    by not calling ne1 idiot? pretty simple i guess
    'ne1'? So that would be treating both sexes the same, then? Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    No, I could also hear the website's music. Listening to two songs at the same time is rarely a good idea!
    Hmmm, use winamp then, it's not that difficult really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Ok i can give you a few tips:

The flash intro is nice - but does it really benefit visitors having to click through to the front of your site

The mp3s used - do you have premission to use them

The title font - comic sans ms is really not cool

The music on the main page - it might annoy vistors

The freeservers banner is annoying - if this is going to be a professional site rather than a project buy some space. Also maybe a co.uk or com domain name

There is not a lot of content on the site - most things say coming soon

There is no consistant design - there seem to be about 3 designs mixed about which give the site a broken feel

Having said that the front page is nicely laid out - same for the top 10. Decide on exactly what you want the site to be, add the content. and a consistant design and it will end up pretty good.
    *moans childishly, yea i thought no 1 would notice the design types, grrrrrr its cos i never really had a pure design in mind, just added it as it goes along hehe thanks for the advice

its a site for my radio show so im not makin it prof until i get a lot of response, 12 votes on the top 10 is pathetic!

ill c wot i can do, now...where did i leave my files.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Did your parents bring you up or drag you up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Hmmm, use winamp then, it's not that difficult really...
    So I should switch music programmes just to accommodate someone's website? No thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)

go and live ur posh life alone loser, dnt get abusive with me, ill strike bk, this aint the place or time, adored and respected my ass...people these days

ReputationRep:
    *moans childishly, yea i thought no 1 would notice the design types, grrrrrr its cos i never really had a pure design in mind, just added it as it goes along hehe thanks for the advice

its a site for my radio show so im not makin it prof until i get a lot of response, 12 votes on the top 10 is pathetic!

ill c wot i can do, now...where did i leave my files.....
    12 votes is not bad - i get 500 visitors a day to my site and no-ones posted any comments in the last week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    So I should switch music programmes just to accommodate someone's website? No thanks.
    Well, if you're using a program which just shut out the music on the websites you visit then yea you should change.

ReputationRep:
    Referring to loftx's query about permission to use mp3's did you see that 3 students in Sydney got done for downloading and sharing music files on the internet?
    2 got fined and the other a suspended sentence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    Referring to loftx's query about permission to use mp3's did you see that 3 students in Sydney got done for downloading and sharing music files on the internet?
    2 got fined and the other a suspended sentence?

the song on my site is love me right by angel city, which i write at the bottom, and its only 16kbps format and a cropped version, hardly ne1s lunch lol. bsides lets face it, which music company is gonna bother replying to some amateur wannabe like me? :-p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Not if I'm listening to my own music ON MY PC can I? But otherwise that was a very good suggestion - turn off my speaks to accommodate some idiot's website!

And don't patronise me.

Idiot.
    Calm down, and learn some respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    I don't often respect those who patronise me.

ReputationRep:
    the song on my site is love me right by angel city, which i write at the bottom, and its only 16kbps format and a cropped version, hardly ne1s lunch lol. bsides lets face it, which music company is gonna bother replying to some amateur wannabe like me? :-p
    You are correct, nothing is going to happen to you for using music you dont have a licence to use. The reason i pointed it out is becuase your site is associated with The youth show and London turkish radio - both of whom i wouldn't think would be too happy to be associted with music piracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    I don't often respect those who patronise me.

and then b a hypocrite and patronise them bk(!)

adored and respected member....who moderates these forums je voudrais l'assistance sil vous plait!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    You are correct, nothing is going to happen to you for using music you dont have a licence to use. The reason i pointed it out is becuase your site is associated with The youth show and London turkish radio - both of whom i wouldn't think would be too happy to be associted with music piracy.
    1.im the presenter s nothng would happen to the show
    2.come to turkish radio 1 day and check out their pcs...KAZAA is in the startup folder!!! i neednt say nemore

ReputationRep:
    its an all round good site for what purpose it serves.

points to correct.

remove the music, it will kill 56k ers and people are only going to be interested for the first 15 seconds of opening the page, so in those 15 seconds if they havent been satasfied they will leave. so the intro isnt a good idea, as if ur 56 k (most of world) waiting for an intro to load, even though they can click skip, wont get them interested in the site,

to be honest with u i closed the site purly because i couldnt stand the music, your an information site and the music isnt apropriate for that medium, its like giving you a book and asking you to read it while i play loude music at you.

the over layout is good, although on the front pge the typ to the left i belive would look better if it was left justified.

the site has lots of good info and could keep somone interested for along time.

a good thing to do would be to get hosting, from somwhere like f2s.com ect.

overall if the above were fixed. it would be a great site, im currently working on trying to fix the portfolio bit of mine *link below) ill finish it one day....

good work

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.