Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    :confused:
    so is it actually possible to profit through such games? i thought you were statistically bound to lose in the long term?
    If you play the odds all the time, against people who have a tendency to be irrational and go with their gut instincts then you will win if you play for any length of time.

There is at least one person I know of who plays poker for a few hours a day and that is how he lives and makes his money. There is no skill involved, it is possible to write a computer program which will always play the odds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    no reason whatsoever. id rather give my money to a real charity
    Yes!!! :rolleyes:

No one read my post? I think amg just might be making a few things up for a bit of attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    no offence, but

amg has a job. i dont.
    amg lives at home. i dont.

amg doesnt have debts (being under 18 shes not allowed to). i have rediculas amounts of debts, and no way of paying them.

its not that i dont want to help,if i was a milionaire id give her some money and yes ill b sad to see her go. but if i cant finance my own life im sure not gonna give my money to anyone else.

love katy ***
    No offense taken.

I don't have a job, but £1 a month is less than I spend on serious non-essentials, like crisps.

I had debts, or rather I had the ability to go into debt before I turned 18. I had an account with an approved overdraft... granted it was a mistake with the bank but I could have been in debt before the age of 18.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    No offense taken.

I don't have a job, but £1 a month is less than I spend on serious non-essentials, like crisps.

I had debts, or rather I had the ability to go into debt before I turned 18. I had an account with an approved overdraft... granted it was a mistake with the bank but I could have been in debt before the age of 18.
    Wouldn't you rather give that £1 to a starving child in ethiopia than a girl with all the luxuries and comforts of western life except for the internet?! Giving money to an "amg appeal" is downright ridiculous. I like her as much as the next person, but I won't give money to keep her on the forum as I'm sure no one else would either, even if they HAD some money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    ***satisfied smile***
    How evil and grinch-like was that smile?

ReputationRep:
    I bet no one would do an appeal to keep me online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Yes!!! :rolleyes:

No one read my post? I think amg just might be making a few things up for a bit of attention.
    There's a lot of them about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    Even if they did, it would be no less successful than this one.

ReputationRep:
    I would miss you ...ok ok maybe miss is too strong a word - i'd notice yuo were gone

A £100,000 cheque is ready and waiting for a_musical_gal. Once she’s sent me her personal details, the cheque will be on its way.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't you rather give that £1 to a starving child in ethiopia than a girl with all the luxuries and comforts of western life except for the internet?! Giving money to an "amg appeal" is downright ridiculous. I like her as much as the next person, but I won't give money to keep her on the forum as I'm sure no one else would either, even if they HAD some money.
    I give £2 a month to the British Red Cross, and £2 a month to Cancer Research UK. This works out at a staggering 0.7% of my monthly income, and yes all my monthly income = increasing debt. I'm hardly starving up here in Manchester. £1 extra wouldn't have any impact whatsoever.

Yes granted keeping AMG online is hardly a godly, altruistic cause. But neither is me getting pissed regularly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lotto)
    A £100,000 cheque is ready and waiting for a_musical_gal. Once she’s sent me her personal details, the cheque will be on its way.
    LOL!! Her personal details, like her credit card numbers etc... hehehe...

Love the avatar btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    I give £2 a month to the British Red Cross, and £2 a month to Cancer Research UK. This works out at a staggering 0.7% of my monthly income, and yes all my monthly income = increasing debt. I'm hardly starving up here in Manchester. £1 extra wouldn't have any impact whatsoever.

Yes granted keeping AMG online is hardly a godly, altruistic cause. But neither is me getting pissed regularly.
    Ahhhh I'm glad you give you so much to charity. Fair enough If it makes you happy, by all means donate - but don't expect great rewards from her.

*throws amg a coin!* Use it wisely my dear.

ReputationRep:
    I would miss you ...ok ok maybe miss is too strong a word - i'd notice yuo were gone
    I feel so needed

ReputationRep:
    I feel so needed
    Don't llleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeave Blampsy!! I'll sell an organ on ebay to keep you here

Is that better?

ReputationRep:
    Don't llleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeave Blampsy!! I'll sell an organ on ebay to keep you here

Is that better?
    Now I feel scared so I will leave

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of which, do you know how much you can get for a kidney.

ReputationRep:
    Now I feel scared so I will leave
    Oooops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Speaking of which, do you know how much you can get for a kidney.
    lol!! Hmmm...intrigued now...

ReputationRep:
    last i remember somwhere in the region of £20,000. But i think you'll have trouble selling it in this country.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2003
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.