Turn on thread page Beta

She's too young, but she likes me watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silkspectre)
    Forget about her. I don't know how you could be attracted to a kid anyway.
    the guy is 17 not a huge difference especially if said 14 looks older than she is. If he was 20 then yes it would be worrying, the fact that he does not want partly because of her age says enough.

OP leave it, your mate wont be impressed and she is young. Leave it for awhile even if she gets to 15 its better than 14

ReputationRep:
    you could try it, if you like her that much, then you wont care what friends etc will think of you.
    and it doesnt have to be sexual, just wait like a year or two before you sleep with her. although with her being so young i reckon she would change soo much in that time that you two would probably stop working together etc.
    and i imagine breaking up with her would kind of kill your relationship with your friend :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But seriously what do I do? I can't start a relationship with her now, I'd be a laughing stock, and tbh the thought of having a sexual relationship with a 14 year old is quite sick. So should u wait until she's older? Or forget about her?
    Sex with a 14 year old is quite sick, yes. Doesn't mean you can't have a relationship though. 3 years isn't that big of a gap.

Though you should probably wait for maturity to set in.

(Original post by AsystoleUK)
    Wait.. you're supposed to ADD seven!?

OHSHI- BRB
    I lol'd.

ReputationRep:
    Same age gap as my parents and same age they met and started dating. They're still married now. As long as it's not a sexual relationship, then there is no problem.

ReputationRep:
    14 year old girls in pubs. whatever next

In my local the other week, two young lads and a young lass walked up to bar and nervously asked for drinks, until barman turned them away, to the sound a few drunks laughing at them on the way out.

Nothing to do with this but it was really funny.

(Original post by Turdburger)
    Wait till shes 16. I say this more for the emotional maturity levels being similar rather than a sex and the law perspective. I have zero respect for the law, but as a 17 year old itll be just annoying going out with a 14 year old.
    I heartily agree with this. Just wait a couple of years; it'll give you both a chance to grow up a bit. Plus, nobody seems to care about 16-year-old girls going out with 19-year-old blokes; it seems to be the 'done thing,' so there shouldn't be any problems.

ReputationRep:
    It's like you say; she's too young.

ReputationRep:
    leave it for now. you could always give it a go in a year or two if you still feel the same. alternatively you could give it a go now but take it slowly and wait for her.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't do it if i were you ...unless you want to date her in secret as you will become a bit of a laughing stock amoust your mates and get the pedo jokes ...etc

..but if you can deal with all that then go for it but just don't hit it.
    reminds a few days ago i saw this guy in his 50's holding hands with a girl who looked no older than 16, the guy was white and the girl was asian, ..then the girl started kissing his hands, ..the girls mother was also there with them (wtf??)

ReputationRep:
    just don't go there.

ReputationRep:
    She's too young so it seems too wrong, and your mate would personally kill you...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    **Please Keep Anon or Delete**

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and I doubt many people have been in this situation. To sum it up in brief, one of my bests friends sister (who is only 14) likes me, and I like her. It's actually embarrasing because I'm 3 years older. But I can't help the way I feel, she's cute and funny but she's also the sister of a very close friend. On Friday I was in the local pub with some friends and she came over and started chatting. I was drunk and she was squeezing my cheeks and when I told her I was off into town with some friends she was saying ''oh don't leave''.

She has pretty much told me (via Text) that she likes me but there's nothing I can do. She's too young and my friends sister. The thing is some older lads In the area, have already ''tried it on'' with her, these lads were 18/19 and my mate went mad, they didn't do anything though becuase she's not that kind of girl.

But seriously what do I do? I can't start a relationship with her now, I'd be a laughing stock, and tbh the thought of having a sexual relationship with a 14 year old is quite sick. So should u wait until she's older? Or forget about her?
    Wait till she's older and make sure that your mate gives you the thumbs up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InconspicuousGuy)
    why was a 14 year old girl in a pub anyway?
    Kids are allowed in pubs you idiot.
    Just not drinking. And it's only after 10 that they don't allow kids under 16 in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neodymium)
    A 14-year-old isn't a "kid". I think it's possible to have a relationship with her, but you'd have to wait 2 or 3 more years before you enter her pants.
    Yes they are, 14 year olds are pretty immature and don't think like an adult even if they believe they do or try to act like one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosielovesmitchell)
    Kids are allowed in pubs you idiot.
    Just not drinking. And it's only after 10 that they don't allow kids under 16 in.
    It depends on the pub so you're both right. Some only allow 18+ people in especially in the evenings.

ReputationRep:
    If you still like her when she's 16 then get in there.

I had to wait 7 years for the guy I like to reciprocate once. Haha.

Everyone keeps saying 'wait'...at 17 is anyone fit to wait around for someone? That's a bit heavy.
    More realistically, forget about her and find older people to play with, until she's old enough to join the party .

ReputationRep:
    Its funny how its wrong for a guy to go out with a younger girl but not the other way around.
    When i was 14 i went out with a just turned 17 year old and there was nothing wrong with it.
    But its the fact that she's your mates sister, Damn i'd hate being in this situation.

ReputationRep:
    You better leave that girl alone. Seriously don't go there.

ReputationRep:
    Beginnings of the end my friend. Pedophilia is nothing to mess with, first it'll be 3 years younger then 4 then 5 and so on. Don't do it!

Don't worry I'd say just ignore it, she will be too immature for you and there really isn't any point just find a nicer girl whos your own age. I can never understand how desperate you have to be to start dating under 16 year olds.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.