Turn on thread page Beta

One thing I don't understand about xbox 360 fanboys watch

ReputationRep:
    For future reference Metal Gear originated on the MSX2, then went onto the NES, PC and C64, so it didn't originate on a sony platform. Resident Evil I'll give you that one, but until RE4 which was cross platform the series was sort of meh in my opinion, Star Ocean again didn't originate on Sony it actually started life on the SNES, and Devil May Cry you can have that one.

So in summary games Sony have that originate on there platform are Resident Evil but that only became a brilliant game when it went cross platform, and Devil May Cry from that list, in all fairness Sony has a fair few but you used some poor examples in your OP.

Oh and I'm not a MS fanboy, I'm a PC/PS2 gamer personally mainly PC though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaytwizzle1000)
    Nor did Final Fantasy did it? I always thought that was NES
    It did start on NES

ReputationRep:
    Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid games have been released for xbox, ps1, ps2, ps3, psp, nes, even gameboy and the iPod Touch ffs.

Anyone who claims Metal Gear Solid ever had some sort of Sony loyalty is deluded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Henry12321)
    The original Metal Gear game was released on the NES waaaaay back in the day
    Correction it was released on the MSX2 in Japan first.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand :lolwut: you can love the 'box and still appreciate a good Sony exclusive. Agreed, some fanboys are irrational and can't see past this, and are douches

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillV3)
    Correction it was released on the MSX2 in Japan first.
    Haha, OK, fair enough, first Western console release then? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    It did start on NES
    Lool, thought so, another wrong point for OP. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid games have been released for xbox, ps1, ps2, ps3, psp, nes, even gameboy and the iPod Touch ffs.

Anyone who claims Metal Gear Solid ever had some sort of Sony loyalty is deluded.
    The metal gear solid series is more strongly affiliated with the Sony brand than any other console , a game doesn't necceserily need to be exclusive to show some sort of loyalty.

Kojima produced MGS4 exclusively for the PS3 , MGS:R which is a multi-platform spin off of the metal gear series is not being made by the same team that made MGS4 , Kojima is doing some overseeing however . The team that made MGS4 (which is the best game this gen in terms of quality at least) is the same team that is making the new MGS game for the PSP .I think Kojima said the game would be the true sequel to MGS3 or something , this is definetley a main series MGS game however.

It seems odd that A) Sony platforms are the only platforms that have received main series games B) The MGS4 team has only worked on Sony platforms this generation. If that isn't a show of loyalty then I don't know what it is.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because the games aren't developed by Sony or Microsoft (well, there are exceptions), but by third-party game developers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Henry12321)
    Haha, OK, fair enough, first Western console release then? :p:

That would have been the European MSX2 release in September of 1987, the NES Europe launch was March 1989.

I'm a bit of a MG fanboy haha
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)
    I don't understand :lolwut: you can love the 'box and still appreciate a good Sony exclusive. Agreed, some fanboys are irrational and can't see past this, and are douches
    A sony exclusive means absolutely nothing, why would a fanboy attribute a 3rd part exclusive to Sony. This is a bad thread, Sony has nothing to do with those games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaytwizzle1000)
    Nor did Final Fantasy did it? I always thought that was NES
    Yeah, but that's already been mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3M!)
    It seems odd that A) Sony platforms are the only platforms that have received main series games
    So, do Twin Snakes and MGS2 not count?

ReputationRep:
    Im no fanboy, (which i find a dirty dirty word by the way) i decided to get an xbox after having a ps1 and ps2. Whats wrong with wanting to have the oppertunity to play a sequal to a game a previously owned however? Whether a game is exclusive or not isnt decided solely on which console is better anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Cuz xbox 360 is better lulz.

Though seriously I don't understand Wii fanboys. They actually think the Nintendo Wii is a proper console and competes with the XBox 360 and PlayStation 3.

To be honest fan boys just have nothing better to do rather than express confidence that they spent their heard earned cash on the right console.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    So, do Twin Snakes and MGS2 not count?
    talking about this generation.

ReputationRep:
    Xbox fanboys are vocal right now because the Xbox is doing very well. In the PS1 and PS2 generation, Sony mopped the floor with the competition. In this generation, Sony have dropped the ball somewhat and the 360 has done really very well. Thats why Sony fanboys were more vocal last generation, and Xbox fanboys are more vocal at the moment.

Op, none of the games you mentioned were made by Sony or Sony sponsored studios. Star Ocean, Metal Gear and FF all had a number of releases before appearing on the PS1. There is no "loyalty" here, just the pursuit of profit. They all appeared on the PS1 as the N64 cartridges didn't have the storage capacity they needed. The latest Star Ocean is currently Xbox exclusive, Square have made a FF franchise exclusive to Nintendo and all the Resi remakes were done on GCN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegaweapon1987)
    So answer me this if Sony sucks so hard why do you love the games so much
    You've got this strange idea that Sony played any role in developing a lot of the franchises you mentioned.

It's a typical sign of sonyfanboyism. I call it Sonycentrism.

Nowadays I'm starting to think both consoles suck. It's such a shame Microsoft felt the need to buy out every single franchise so it also appears on Microsoft. There's barely any difference between the PS3 and Xbox360 now.

ReputationRep:
    Ok this is not intended as a flame/troll and is not promoting
    Sony fanboyism just to point that out.

Anyway I notice alot of people now a days who you could brand at xbox fanboys **** Sony off to no end but then love it when they get games such as metal gear solid , devil may cry , resident evil , star ocean , final fantasy which all originated on Sony platforms apart from final fantasy obviously but the most well known titles that people have played where on
    Sony consoles.

So answer me this if Sony sucks so hard why do you love the games so much why are you so intent at taking everything that is exclusive and wanting it multi plat if Xbox was truly the master of gaming you would be satisfied with Xbox's own titles right?

So really Xbox fanboyism is flawed, at the end of the day though I agree that all fanboyism is retarded and arguing over which has the better games is like arguing over music it is all a matter of opinion.

I have been guilty in the past and still am of sony fanboyism mainly for "the lulz" but I own both consoles so I can express a valid argument
    Just the same as Sony would love it if they got Xbox titles etc. Obviously we are going to appreciate getting good games over onto the xbox. We just didn't like the silly console they were on before they came over.

ReputationRep:
    Ok this is not intended as a flame/troll and is not promoting
    Sony fanboyism just to point that out.

Anyway I notice alot of people now a days who you could brand at xbox fanboys **** Sony off to no end but then love it when they get games such as metal gear solid , devil may cry , resident evil , star ocean , final fantasy which all originated on Sony platforms apart from final fantasy obviously but the most well known titles that people have played where on
    Sony consoles.

So answer me this if Sony sucks so hard why do you love the games so much why are you so intent at taking everything that is exclusive and wanting it multi plat if Xbox was truly the master of gaming you would be satisfied with Xbox's own titles right?

So really Xbox fanboyism is flawed, at the end of the day though I agree that all fanboyism is retarded and arguing over which has the better games is like arguing over music it is all a matter of opinion.

I have been guilty in the past and still am of sony fanboyism mainly for "the lulz" but I own both consoles so I can express a valid argument

So if this is right your saying that sony fanboys would not be happy if xbox exclusives went to the ps3. Of course were going to rub it in your face because if the game is not exclusive anymore the delevopers obviously think they can not get enough game sales on one system.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.