Turn on thread page Beta

History remarking watch

• View Poll Results: Have you requested re-marks?
    No
    72.73%
    Yes, and scored higher
    9.09%
    Yes, and remained the same
    18.18%

ReputationRep:
    Don't you have to request remarking?

The grade breakdowns come out on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy12003)
    Do you know when they will finish remarking and if they will update the results page or if they'll just send the final marks to the IB Coordinators?
    After requesting remarks I found out by checking the results page, it just changes to the new grade. The IBC gets informed but he didn't contact me till ages later. Of course if nothing changes you can't tell if it's been done so you need the IBC to tell you that remarking is finished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drongo)
    After requesting remarks I found out by checking the results page, it just changes to the new grade.
    How did you request remarks?

ReputationRep:
    IBC has to do it. As soon as the school got the fee from me they applied for the remark.

ReputationRep:
    IBC has to do it. As soon as the school got the fee from me they applied for the remark.
    Oh okay thanks - I'm going to see my grade breakdown on Monday and then do it I think.

How much was it? And did your grade go up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rizzletop)
    Oh okay thanks - I'm going to see my grade breakdown on Monday and then do it I think.

How much was it? And did your grade go up?
    Can't help with the cost, I forget and it was an international school so a different currency. I think I saw that info for this year on a thread on TSR...£60-70 per subject rings a bell but I would check first.
    I applied for EE, TOK and HL Geo and 2 of them went up a grade :woo: . My sister got an upgrade in HL Geog the year before (to 7!) which is why my parents paid for me to try. After hearing about my upgrade a friend got a remark for HL History and that went up too. We were just very lucky I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Can't help with the cost, I forget and it was an international school so a different currency. I think I saw that info for this year on a thread on TSR...£60-70 per subject rings a bell but I would check first.
    I applied for EE, TOK and HL Geo and 2 of them went up a grade :woo: . My sister got an upgrade in HL Geog the year before (to 7!) which is why my parents paid for me to try. After hearing about my upgrade a friend got a remark for HL History and that went up too. We were just very lucky I guess.
    Yes, according to my IBC remarks cost around £65. One question though, when we request a remark, is it done for all papers for each subject or can we choose individual papers remark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <liverpoolfc>)
    Yes, according to my IBC remarks cost around £65. One question though, do we have to remark all the papers for each subject, or can we choose individual papers?
    I can't be certain but as I never had the option of remarking just individual papers I doubt that is possible; could've just been my school's policy I suppose. I've only ever heard of the one fee and that is for all of them.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.