Turn on thread page Beta

Ghosts watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    They do exist but whether they are actually there, as in conscious, is another issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie-cakes)
    :awesome:

but seriously :iiam:
    this is the first thread i have found where that emoticon is actually relevant and shouldn't be considered as spamming

(although in my opinion it should never be considered as spamming)

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GazzyG)
    I'm afraid of no ghosts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellingham)
    this is the first thread i have found where that emoticon is actually relevant and shouldn't be considered as spamming

(although in my opinion it should never be considered as spamming)
    Good point :holmes:

It is a rather awesome smiley though, regardless of it's relevance to a thread (but whenever I use it, i get the ghostbusters theme tune in my head....it is punishment I suppose)

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh, I'm pretty open minded to the concept. Plus I've grown up around my dad who is very much 'GHOSTS ARE REEEAL'.
    For years, he used to move my toys whilst I was asleep and convince me they were alive/ghosts were moving them and they came alive whilst I was asleep... yeah, I've just realised how strange that actually is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliphatic)
    Yeahh, I'm pretty open minded to the concept. Plus I've grown up around my dad who is very much 'GHOSTS ARE REEEAL'.
    For years, he used to move my toys whilst I was asleep and convince me they were alive/ghosts were moving them and they came alive whilst I was asleep... yeah, I've just realised how strange that actually is.
    That's very strange indeed.

I'd never do anything like that....

BOO!!!

ReputationRep:
    Did you Guys watch

THE GRUDGE

The only scary thing i have ever seen

ReputationRep:
    Not unless I see one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbanjeet)
    Did you Guys watch

THE GRUDGE

That horrible croaky noise the ghost makes is what gets me...

AAAAAEERRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbanjeet)
    Did you Guys watch

THE GRUDGE

dude....that movie sucked

each to his own I s'pose :p:

ReputationRep:
    Don't know, don't care.

(Ignore my avatar...:awesome:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GazzyG)
    That's very strange indeed.

I'd never do anything like that....

BOO!!!

Ahahaha, if only my toys actually did that!

ReputationRep:
    i thought i saw many strange things when i was at my previous house but i lived there from birth to 6 yrs old, so that explains, i was just a kid, so no i dont believe in ghosts o_o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliphatic)
    Ahahaha, if only my toys actually did that!
    Then you would have had to regularly change your sheets. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I BElieve in the Existence of ALIENS but not GHOSTS

ReputationRep:
    My old teacher saw a ghost once, actually. It was in the older part of the school where it was said a ghost of a nun (or nuns) came at night. A lot of the cleaners wouldn't even dare go in there, particularly in the winter months where it gets darker.
    Anyway he'd stayed late to do some stuff and was going to leave when he just happened to look down the corridor, and saw a ghost of the nun. She was just stood at the end of the corridor, looking at him. He said he was absolutely pretrified but thought he had to go down to it and see whether it was really there because he didn't believe in ghosts, even though he could see it clearly, not moving, but staring at him.
    He walked down the corridor, and it was a fire extinguisher with some light shining on it

True story

Why are they always evil, is my question? Because Casper was never real

ReputationRep:
    I'm not convinced but I'm not unconvinced either.
    I've had a few experiences of what I feel were paranormal activity though I haven't seen a 'ghost' in the stereotypical sense.
    I tend to struggle with the idea that once we're gone we're just nothing. What happens to that consciousness? I know it's gone but where does it go to? Maybe it stops but there's that soul and those memories and... argh, I can't articulate it. Consciously I know that science explains it the most realistically in that those things are based in the brain, and that once you're dead your brain is no longer conscious or working but I still believe in the presence of people.
    I don't know.
    But I imagine a lot of people who've lost someone close to them will agree with me that sometimes it makes it slightly easier to deal with when you still believe that there's a chance of them being somewhere in spirit, in some form or another.

ReputationRep:
    I think we should do a POLL

HOW many of us has actually seen a REAL GHost?

:-)

ReputationRep:
    You mean Casper might not be real?!?!?!? :eek: :eek3:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.