Turn on thread page Beta

am i addicted to the internet? =( HELP +rep watch

ReputationRep:
    Try English lessons, they pass the time well.

ReputationRep:
    That test is fantastic - I have an image of my laptop prancing about in sexy lingerie.
    How often do you feel preoccupied with the Internet when off-line, or fantasize about being on-line?

ReputationRep:
    Start slow helped, still use the internet, but make sure you get off about 10/11 each night and go to bed.
    Then limit how long each day you use the pc for, ask your mum to turn off the router at a certain time, or whatever works.

You could also start something new, to take your mind off it. Its summer, go out with mates, have a good time, there are bound to be parties to go to, play footie or something in the park.

I used to use the pc for 6-8 hours a time, and i found that going out with my mates of an evening was much more entertaining than sitting on msn. It will also give you something to talk about when u do use the pc.

just a few of my ideas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toxik_apple)
    Hey. Im on da internet sometimes about 9 hours a day, when I dont haf school its from when I wake up til bout 3 in the morning. Im usually just on facebook, checking TSR for no reason, MSNing and emailing....
    I dont know but nowadays I wake up feeling like utter ****, exhausted and everything. I dont think Im addicted, I mean dere must be some ppl out dere on it more dan me?
    Oh, that's me to a tee- up until 7AM today, no less.

Don't let it get to you. If you feel bored, just do something else? *shrugs*
    Telephone a friend! Drag them out to the park! Go out! Get drunk!

...Alternatively, give yourself a little more time to study, perhaps. You might even learn to spell that way.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.