Deputy Speaker Election Watch

Mr FiX-iT
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mattbroon)
I thought so.

But, i cant change the past, and i have to use my negative experience and try and change it into a positive outcome.
Where can I find your manisfesto? so I can read & scrutinise your proposals. Personally I would like to see more transparancy, perhaps more leadership.:curious:
01kij114
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No i cant ask you your question.

But to answer your earlier one, yes.
How in the hell can you be trusted, your a liar and a cheat. Its an important job which you seem to have little knowledge of.
Last edited by 01kij114; 9 years ago
DayneD89
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mr FiX-iT)
Where can I find your manisfesto? so I can read & scrutinise your proposals. Personally I would like to see more transparancy, perhaps more leadership.:curious:
All manifestos for deputy speaker can be found here. Only MP's can vote or post in that thread though.
Birchington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I thought so.

But, I can't change the past, and I have to use my negative experience and try and change it into a positive outcome.
If you put forward a strong manifesto and campaign, there's no reason why you can't be elected. It's up to the House to scrutinise the nominees.
Musty_Elbow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Sorry i just got back from T in the Park. Killers were AMAZING, i was right at the front.

Anyway, back on topic, thanks to everyone who voted for me; i am happy with my vote share.

I would also like to congratulate bruce, he got a clear majority.
username280380
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sorry i just got back from T in the Park. Killers were AMAZING, i was right at the front.

Anyway, back on topic, thanks to everyone who voted for me; i am happy with my vote share.

I would also like to congratulate bruce, he got a clear majority.

So while you do that, I lose the will to live.
Drogue
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
I wouldn't. Not getting many votes for deputy speaker says nothing about how people value your involvement in the HoC, especially when having two Tories would have split the Tory vote and ABC has been active for quite a while, making him a more obvious choice (though I obviously haven't seen activity in the subforum, since I'm not a dirty Tory :p: ).

All those votes mean is few people thought you'd be the best deputy speaker.
Musty_Elbow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hah, i think it might just be an age thing. To be fair, i think you would make a good barman (not to be patronising).

At least you are an MP, i am not, meaning i cant vote on anything.

Personally i respect you, and if i had the ability to vote, and i was not standing, i most likely would have voted for you.
username280380
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hah, i think it might just be an age thing. To be fair, i think you would make a good barman (not to be patronising).

At least you are an MP, i am not, meaning i cant vote on anything.

Personally i respect you, and if i had the ability to vote, and i was not standing, i most likely would have voted for you.
Oh thanks,

Nice to know that the HOC hasn't turned into America and started looking for the most inexperienced person possible.

Drouge:- Its better than being a dirty left-winger.
01kij114
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh thanks,

Nice to know that the HOC hasn't turned into America and started looking for the most inexperienced person possible.

You see thats the problem, your too immature to take on the role.
username280380
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 01kij114)
Whats wrong with a cheap stab back, he called me a dirty tory, so I hit back, I am perfectly within my rights to do so. Or is the HOC unable to lighten up occasionally?
geminibubblegum
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, we have two interesting candidates here.

x
don't worry when I first turned up on tsr i used to make comments like that, it turns out the lords of tsr don't like banter. (that doesnt mean i dont still do it)

IMO, you're on pretty even ground here, so write some manifestos and either of you could get picked.

Oh, does anyone know if non-MPs can vote on this one? I know it's not the way the real house works blahdiblah but can someone just clarify if we are or not

merci beaucoup
Thunder and Jazz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh thanks,

Lol, he isn't THAT inexperienced, although your point is fairly valid. But he won for a lot of reasons, his experience comparative to McCain was not one of those.
Thunder and Jazz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 01kij114)
I do agree in the respect you mean, although in general I think he can be more mature than you at times
(Original post by geminibubblegum)
Oh, does anyone know if non-MPs can vote on this one? I know it's not the way the real house works blahdiblah but can someone just clarify if we are or not
Are you talking about the election of deputy speaker? Its already happened. But I'm probably just getting confused by your words :confused:. Non MPs could not vote as it was in the Division Lobby.
username280380
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
I do agree in the respect you mean, although in general I think he can be more mature than you at times

Are you talking about the election of deputy speaker? Its already happened. But I'm probably just getting confused by your words :confused:. Non MPs could not vote as it was in the Division Lobby.
Gem, has got something wrong, it happened a few weeks ago.

Thanks for your support though Gem.
geminibubblegum
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ahhh im confused
who IS deputy speaker?

they haven't been very active...
Last edited by geminibubblegum; 9 years ago
Thunder and Jazz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
BruceTaylor.
geminibubblegum
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ahh yep, just found the vote
sorry for being a bit thick
Drogue
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Whats wrong with a cheap stab back, he called me a dirty tory, so I hit back, I am perfectly within my rights to do so. Or is the HOC unable to lighten up occasionally?
No, that was entirely fine! While I think age may be a factor, it's rare that I'd remember you're 13 from what you post.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (237)
91.51%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (22)
8.49%

Watched Threads