Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDanielle)
    Yes I know that, but does that mean I will get the whole £50 for that week, even though the claim begins on the Wednesday?
    The experience described here would suggest that you'll only get the appropriate fraction, unfortunately. This is just one example, however, so I can't guarantee that this is what will happen for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    The experience described here would suggest that you'll only get the appropriate fraction, unfortunately. This is just one example, however, so I can't guarantee that this is what will happen for you.
    This. That's why I said you'd probably only get it from the 8th.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see, I thought for some reason that they'd just either give a full week's worth or none at all for that week. Thanks anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and I was also wondering - are you able to get all of your prescriptions for free whilst claiming Jobseeker's?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and I was also wondering - are you able to get all of your prescriptions for free whilst claiming Jobseeker's?
    You'll be referring to Income-based JSA I assume, in which case the answer is yes

ReputationRep:
    yep, got mine 2 weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    One more question - do they ask you to show evidence of what you have been doing to find a job every time you sign on? I only had the little sheet which they gave me where you fill in like a record of what you've done, and the first (and only) time I've been to sign on they never even asked to see that or anything else. Do you ever actually need any evidence?

ReputationRep:
    One more question - do they ask you to show evidence of what you have been doing to find a job every time you sign on? I only had the little sheet which they gave me where you fill in like a record of what you've done, and the first (and only) time I've been to sign on they never even asked to see that or anything else. Do you ever actually need any evidence?
    At mine they asked me to present printouts of 3 jobs I was interested in (from the machines)...but I've heard some people needed no further evidence just the little sheet/diary.

ReputationRep:
    You should get a small book with space to write in what you've done. It's not mandatory but it does make the person who's signing you's job easier since they can just copy it down. As long as you've done 3 things per week you're fine then.

Some people don't ask for it though, so you may not be asked for it each time.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.