Turn on thread page Beta

buy and sell cars for profit? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Extremely saturated market. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    hmm thanks again for all your responces i still think im gonna do it, ive wanted to for ages i think thats the thing! but i definately will be careful, top milage of about 75000 for 10ish year old cars. It's good to hear from those of you that are doing the same thing at the moment, and i can see what the rest of you are saying, but I will be careful

ReputationRep:
    rp - Great stuff and all the best

If you would like any advice don't hesitate to PM me!

Porscha!

ReputationRep:
    I know a few guys who make a hell of a lot of money from buying cars and stripping them down for parts and selling them on ebay. Seriously, big £££.

ReputationRep:
    xo-Heva - yep the money is there If only I had a bigger driveway

ReputationRep:
    Volkswagen Audi Group Cars, are amongst the most desirable for reselling on the market with strong residuals. I'd go for them otherwise Fords etc.

Makes sure the tyres, clutch, brakes are good, bodywork is tidy, hpi clear and T&T and it should be reasonably easy to sell on for a small profit margin.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    All the people telling you, "you can't do it" don't know nothing about this industry. I've been doing this part time and making about $500 net a car (thats about 4 hours of work) At first I was breaking even but slowly started to learn how to buy low and sell high. Theres a market for everything in this world you just need to stick with it and learn from your mistakes.
    Lets be honest, most people want new cars but can't afford it, so they go for a used car, but still have to pay over book value at a used dealership because they needs to pay the over head. So some people just buy privet.

AND NO! Im not a mechanic. I just know the basic stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Id be careful about how much youd sell them for, I know a few used car dealers nearby which are about £500-£1000 more expensive then most places, as ive been looking at buying a car I dont even consider looking at their stock anymore because I know ill be ripped off (in comparison to most other places at least). I also know they buy from auction and try to restore them before selling them on, obviously the work done on them seems to make them more expensive in which case its not worth it - probably smaller profit margins too.

ReputationRep:
    Ive always wondered if I would be able to buy a car just say for £1000 and put it up for sale right away for say £1200 then buy one a little better sell it for more and then continue to I had a decent car

ReputationRep:
    what about the insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by takshunj)
    what about the insurance?
    Thread 3 years old. And SORN...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.